Options

Rant

Comments

• Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    Why can you not be left alone for 5 minutes? Genuine question - if you're sitting in the lounge and watching the TV or something, what's going to happen? As long as you have everything you need - drink, snack and you've been to the loo before he goes,what do you think is going to go wrong? :(

Nothing will happen, but we wouldn't have another Thread then
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    logansdad wrote: »
    I saw that this was an ebony hamster thread called rant and have decided to not read the thread but instead use my amazing physic powers to tell the story so far. Remember folks I haven't read a thing.

Ebony will have been slighted by a family member or someone from officialdom?

Ebony cannot see another way to resolve the issue?

Ebony probably could have done something but for some mysterious reason that we are not fully understanding off didn't?

Ebony has answered in sentences ranging from one word to five?

Alas my powers weaken mortals.

Now to read the thread, if im wrong. ..my apologies x

You only missed the bit where the posters all too familiar with Tinks are accused of bullying her by those who have taken her at face value.

Tinks what is this fresh nonsense about not being alone for 5 mins, when did that start? I remember a lengthy and very amusing discussion started by your MIL wanting your partner to have a holiday and I'm sure you never mentioned this then, just a load of excuses about hamsters and heat.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    Why can you not be left alone for 5 minutes? Genuine question - if you're sitting in the lounge and watching the TV or something, what's going to happen? As long as you have everything you need - drink, snack and you've been to the loo before he goes,what do you think is going to go wrong? :(

They can't bear to be separated for even a second apparently
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that why he has to leave the bathroom door open?
  • Options
    FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My nana had a catastrophic stroke which should have killed her but didn't, she was left paralysed and epileptic as well as being already elderly. Yet she could be left for several hours. When my grandad, her main carer died, she continued the rest of her life living alone with 3 carers calling in a day.

I fail to see why you can't be left alone. Ever. At all.

I know every one is different, but you seem to function normally mentally, you can eat and drink as well as work from home, so surely your OH getting your much needed pain meds isn't too much of a biggy? Or are you scared he'll run off with the chemist?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanielle wrote: »
    My nana had a catastrophic stroke which should have killed her but didn't, she was left paralysed and epileptic as well as being already elderly. Yet she could be left for several hours. When my grandad, her main carer died, she continued the rest of her life living alone with 3 carers calling in a day.

I know every one is different, but you seem to function normally mentally, you can eat and drink as well as work from home, so surely your OH getting your much needed pain meds isn't too much of a biggy? Or are you scared he'll run off with the chemist?

hmmmm :o
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

I was wondering myself, my mum, who's recently moved in with me and Mr AK, is in her late 80s, has very limited mobility, only can walk short distances with a zimmer (and by short I'm talking her chair in the lounge to the stairlift at the foot of the stairs), and is in pain pretty constantly, especially whilst moving, . Yet we can both leave her during the working day - pretty much from 7am - 6.30pm, with food left out for her and a carer calling in the morning after we've gone to help her with showering.

Whilst I would love to be at home all day with her, she's thankfully in full possession of her mental faculties and perfectly capable of being left alone (now I've made her sound slightly like a much loved family pet :blush: ). I just can't see why EH's bloke apparently can't leave her for 5 minutes :confused:
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered what it would be like if Greg Richards and Ebony hamster had a baby

I think they might have already its a very sweet angel :D (yes I read the other place even posted once).

But if you can take taxis to go shopping and to the cinema and out to eat (as you've posted those things) why can't you and your other half go and collect the meds in a taxi this once?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    I think they might have already its a very sweet angel :D (yes I read the other place even posted once).

But if you can take taxis to go shopping and to the cinema and out to eat (as you've posted those things) why can't you and your other half go and collect the meds in a taxi this once?

because its just another troll thread designed to get peoples backs up...

which it has and does
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because its just another troll thread designed to get peoples backs up...

which it has and does

I had no idea when I came here but it became really obvious really quickly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea when I came here but it became really obvious really quickly.

hows your friend btw?
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go to Google and type in tinktinktinkerbell and look at the suggestions. It tells you all you need to know about this EbonyHamster character.

Thanks for the heads up. There's hours of entertaining reading there. Mind you, I've always had a weakness for fantasy literature.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or even pay for a professional carer to come and sit with her OR collect the meds .... It's not that expensive for the odd hour here and there. And she could afford it if she can afford to feed the hamsters on bottled water.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not far from that at all

Again pernickety ness over some words

You've been 'pernickety' over far less, wum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or even pay for a professional carer to come and sit with her OR collect the meds .... It's not that expensive for the odd hour here and there. And she could afford it if she can afford to feed the hamsters on bottled water.

If Tinks was that bad, the state would pay...

My neighbours son is autistic, he has a carer and taxis to and from school...

It's all made up, I felt sorry for her at the start but when I read all the tink tink tinker bell stuff I decided I wouldn't be taken in any more..
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She can, but that wouldn't give enough material for a thread. Much better to live a fantasy for some.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hows your friend btw?

Much better thanks back home now :)
    Muggsy wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. There's hours of entertaining reading there. Mind you, I've always had a weakness for fantasy literature.

:o:o:o I just googled as well and then sat here with my mouth dropped open for a good few mins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    She can, but that wouldn't give enough material for a thread. Much better to live a fantasy for some.

It certainly seems that way. Nothing makes sense and when asked no answers are ever given. :(
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    It certainly seems that way. Nothing makes sense and when asked no answers are ever given. :(

It must be the time of year this was last year. :D:D

http://forums.tvshowsupdate.net/showthread.php?t=1977372&page=28
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In that thread when talking about her repeat prescription, she said she "goes" when the medicines start running out. Mind you that was a reply given to a direct question in order to avoid answering it. Plus ca change.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Surely no poster is obligated to reveal personal details regarding their life to complete strangers?

I won't comment further in this vein but I assumed the thread was completely legitimate and actually of interest. I don't think the private lives of posters is anyone else's business nor surely up for debate unless of course that poster chooses to disclose it :)

True, but what her job is often relevant to the topics she posts about.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely no poster is obligated to reveal personal details regarding their life to complete strangers?

I won't comment further in this vein but I assumed the thread was completely legitimate and actually of interest. I don't think the private lives of posters is anyone else's business nor surely up for debate unless of course that poster chooses to disclose it :)

I'd agree with this normally but OP appears to delight in revealing personal details. Hell, we also know all about her orgasms - or lack of :o
    Yet she goes suddenly coy over more trivial matters :confused:
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't understand how someone can work from home yet need 24 care to the point that they can't even be left alone for 10 minutes, either.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    I don't understand how someone can work from home yet need 24 care to the point that they can't even be left alone for 10 minutes, either.

It's simply not true, Unless the OP actually means her BF won't leave her alone for 10 minutes because she will spend the next week asking who he spoke too, Was there a female involved, Is he going to leave her for them etc

I think the 'Can't leave her alone' could be translated as 'isn't worth the hassle of leaving her alone'

Or it is made up!
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »

BIB

Your extravagating It's 5 mins Bex lol, gosh 10 mins and God knows what could happen that would be another rant thread :D:D:D