Lord Mayor's Show - utterly pointless

2»

Comments

• Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Be interesting to see the cost of the OB compared to viewing figures, I know has been going on for a very long time. Personally I think I only ever watched it once.

I suppose the BBC may treat these "minor" events as live OB training sessions for staff and new equipment. It wouldn't matter so much if something went wrong but it helps them prepare for bigger events.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be much more interesting if the real Mayor of London had a parade (on his bike chasing oiks)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only 1 hour and a bit once a year. I have no interest in watching it but if someone else does then its worth it. Better than another Saturday morning of cookery programmes.
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why show the London MArathon its just a race, the World Cup is just a football match, the Olympics are just a sports day. A TV channel has to provide entertainment for all viewers. If you wish to have a channel full of programmes that just you like then I suggest you apply for the position as head of BBC1

What a fatuous, pointless, unrelated and antagonistic post.

PLONK!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt think the Lord Mayors show was pointless.
    Is the Trooping of the Colour pointless? No
    Is the Queens Speech Pointless? No
    It happens every year, so why not show it because some people are erked at the money that is being used on it...thats pathetic.
    Its something to keep happy faces on people despite the rubbish weather.
    It was funny to see some of them involved get soaked and wonder why they were out....but still good fun.