Brian Woolnough of Sunday Supplement Has Passed Away

2»

Comments

• HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good bloke- obvious from reading their Twitter comments that his fellow writers held him in the highest regard.

Someone you just take for granted being there every Sunday morning. Will be sadly missed.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    Good bloke- obvious from reading their Twitter comments that his fellow writers held him in the highest regard.

Someone you just take for granted being there every Sunday morning. Will be sadly missed.

For all the slagging we give various journos its amazing how many of us has SS as part of our Sunday morning viewing!
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    For all the slagging we give various journos its amazing how many of us has SS as part of our Sunday morning viewing!

My Sunday hasn't started until I have watched it! :D
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just loved Brian, he will be sadly missed.
  • -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    brian was always top class on sunday supplement and as others have said he will be sorely missed... watching that program from now on knowing we'll never see him again is going to be tough for a fair while... RIP.
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an sad loss for the world of sport

rip wooly
  • U.R.CorrectU.R.Correct Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see they devoted the first part of the program paying tribute to Brian. He will be missed
    Forum Member
    Nice to see they devoted the first part of the program paying tribute to Brian. He will be missed

It was a nice tribute, and rightly so.

Yer man, Neil Ashton is it? He is doing a very good job as host, i hope he stays.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    It was a nice tribute, and rightly so.

Yer man, Neil Ashton is it? He is doing a very good job as host, i hope he stays.

Yes he does a nice little understated job.
    As opposed to when Custis had a go a couple of years ago. :eek:
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    Yes he does a nice little understated job.
    As opposed to when Custis had a go a couple of years ago. :eek:

I don't mind Shaun, he knows his onions.

Neil on the other hand.........

He makes me ashamed that i didn't pursue sports journalism as a career!
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a nice send off they gave Brian this morning, Sunday Supplement wont seem the same again, im guessing they will Stick with Neil until Christmas, and see what he wants to do.

Is the programme live or is it filmed on a Saturday Night, after the days fixtures, as it never says Live.
    Forum Member
    It was a nice send off they gave Brian this morning, Sunday Supplement wont seem the same again, im guessing they will Stick with Neil until Christmas, and see what he wants to do.

Is the programme live or is it filmed on a Saturday Night, after the days fixtures, as it never says Live.

Ive always assumed it was on a delay.

Never really though about it though.

Same with Goals on Sunday.

They broke the Gary Speed story i think?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    What team did he support? Sad news about his death RIP Brian :-(
  • U.R.CorrectU.R.Correct Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think it's live but is on a small time delay. The back pages they review are usually from the later editions so I don't think it can be from Saturday evening
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's live but is on a small time delay. The back pages they review are usually from the later editions so I don't think it can be from Saturday evening

I asked this once on here and was told it was live.