Have nomination rules been randomly changed yet again?

snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So it seems we have switched back to the two nominations and you're up rule, with no explanation whatsoever (not that we've come to expect one).

Or have I missed something?

Comments

• BadmkBadmk Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its a mess it seems the rule is changed depending on what nomination result the producers prefer. So unfair.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah and producers seem to love mass nominations which personally I think suck as they are usually more predictable that the smaller amount.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's a complete mess isn't it ?

They are making nominations hard to enjoy because they keep changing the rules. They are treating us like idiots.

I wish someone on BBBOTS would say something about it just to make more people aware, i am sure Emma wouldn't know what to say in response.
  • daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The noms are a shambles
  • rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole show is a shambles really .....
  • adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badmk wrote: »
    Yeah its a mess it seems the rule is changed depending on what nomination result the producers prefer. So unfair.

Yes. It always used to be the two or more who had the most nominations that were up. Now it seems to be anyone who gets two or more votes is up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    adwalton wrote: »
    Yes. It always used to be the two or more who had the most nominations that were up. Now it seems to be anyone who gets two or more votes is up.

I wish they officialized the rules regarding who faces the vote. If they wish to change the rules, it would be nice if they had a page on the site stating the rules. I also wish that Marcus would state the rules of nominations before the nominations segment of the highlights show is aired.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    snariek wrote: »
    So it seems we have switched back to the two nominations and you're up rule, with no explanation whatsoever (not that we've come to expect one).

What used to be the never changing rule?

(I exclude C4 BB obviously)
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    There are no rules on C5 BB
    I have asked to see the house rules but as yet haven't had any luck
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    WHY do they not just tell us the rules ? It would only take 30 second presentation from emma on BBOTS.

it makes it even more obvious that they are making it up as they go along.

and as for this weeks ridiculous twist to get Toya up for eviction... bizarre !! the show is in the hands of apes ladies and gentlement
  • snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    What used to be the never changing rule?

(I exclude C4 BB obviously)

It started on Channel 5 the same as Channel 4, the two housemates with the most nominations are up for eviction.

Then starting with BB14 it changed to the three housemates with the most nominations are up. Then randomly in week 5 of that series, anyone who got at least two nominations was put up for eviction, with no explanation given.

CBB12 went back to having the three or more housemates with the most nominations go up.

CBB13 went back again to putting anyone with a least two nominations up.

BB15 started with the three or more housemates with the most nominations going up, but have now once again randomly reverted back to putting anyone with a least two nominations up.

Confused? Join the club.
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nominations are a tool to be interactive...
    the show will protect the chances of having a big final.

it is dynamic rather than "known" as the voting is fashionable.. but when you see in the bog football competitions a round of "best of 2" (ie home and away) it is to make sure too many flukes doesnt get through and thus kill the spectacle of the final phases!
  • WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's ridiculous. It seems they changed this week to "2 noms and you're up" as otherwise their veto twist would have fallen flat on it's arse by making no difference whatsoever.

It should have been Danielle, Chris and Ash who were up, both before the veto was used and after - they just threw those with 2 noms into the mix so that the veto would take one out.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone have the numbers of nomms each one got before and after the vetoes ?

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone have the numbers of nomms each one got before and after the vetoes ?

Before the removal of Steven Marlon and Ash's noms...
    Chris 7
    Danielle 5
    Ash 3

Steven 2
    Marlon 2
    Winston 2
    KImberly 2
    Ashleigh 1

After the removal of their noms...
    Chris 5
    Danielle 3
    Ash 3

Steven 2
    Marlon 2
    Winston 2
    Kimberley 1
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It started on Channel 5 the same as Channel 4, the two housemates with the most nominations are up for eviction.

Then starting with BB14 it changed to the three housemates with the most nominations are up. Then randomly in week 5 of that series, anyone who got at least two nominations was put up for eviction, with no explanation given.

CBB12 went back to having the three or more housemates with the most nominations go up.

CBB13 went back again to putting anyone with a least two nominations up.

BB15 started with the three or more housemates with the most nominations going up, but have now once again randomly reverted back to putting anyone with a least two nominations up.

Confused? Join the club.

No there have never been hard and fast rules on Channel 5.

Not confused at all. Unpredictability is good for the HMs especially those who act as gangs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before the removal of Steven Marlon and Ash's noms...
    Chris 7
    Danielle 5
    Ash 3

Steven 2
    Marlon 2
    Winston 2
    KImberly 2
    Ashleigh 1

After the removal of their noms...
    Chris 5
    Danielle 3
    Ash 3

Steven 2
    Marlon 2
    Winston 2
    Kimberley 1

cheers :)

so the veto scheme changed nothing . And the producers just decided to make everyone with 2 votes up instead .

• VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't be right to have only 2 or 3 IMO because of the killer nom. Certainly not 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »
    It wouldn't be right to have only 2 or 3 IMO because of the killer nom. Certainly not 2.

Only 3 HMs were added in week one though.

Also, this week Christopher and one of Toya/Matthew would have been added to Jale - which means there were already 3 people up for eviction before this weeks noms were even taken into account. So there would have been 6 up, even without changing it to add in those on 2 noms.

It's farcical. :D
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be refreshing change to have just one week where all the housemates are allowed to nominate (including Jale and Helen) and that result resets the outcome of the whole game i.e. no-one gets nominated every week and Helen is no longer in the Final.
  • snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No there have never been hard and fast rules on Channel 5.

That's putting it lightly. It's an absolute joke.
    Not confused at all. Unpredictability is good for the HMs especially those who act as gangs.

Fair enough maybe on Friday Emma can go the "next person to be evicted is….No one!! We are evicting no one this week." Then she’ll turn to the camera and say "see you next Friday!", without offering any explanation to the viewers whatsoever, and they can just ignore the whole thing on BOTS too. After all that kind of “unpredictability” (i.e. a blatant cop out) is good right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only 3 HMs were added in week one though.

Also, this week Christopher and one of Toya/Matthew would have been added to Jale - which means there were already 3 people up for eviction before this weeks noms were even taken into account. So there would have been 6 up, even without changing it to add in those on 2 noms.

It's farcical. :D

They can't add a couple of people with 2 and not all if they don't have the 4 they need up each week. It's just not fair to make it a 2 or 3 way with the killer nom.

The answer is more likely in your response to me.. BB put up 3 by machinations, which is separate from the 3 for balance from the HM's. It's not BB fault that there was a 4 way tie on the 3rd of 3. Or was it a 3 way tie on 4. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know they can change the rules but the least I expect is that they say they've changed them beforehand .

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know they can change the rules but the least I expect is that they say they've changed them beforehand .

deleted.
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Yeah it's a complete mess isn't it ?

They are making nominations hard to enjoy because they keep changing the rules. They are treating us like idiots.

I wish someone on BBBOTS would say something about it just to make more people aware, i am sure Emma wouldn't know what to say in response.

Yet we continue to watch.