The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 14)

Comments

• desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do we all think about the future of the Spencers now then?

Dan has moved on to Kerry.
    Sean is being written out.

Does this herald the gradual phasing out of Ali, Rubi and the little girl?

Could be.

If only.:D
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Danny Miller has lucked out in his return, Moron has command of the tear stick!

Watching last week I suddenly thought, (yes I know I'm slow on the uptake!) But there are more people either born, related, sleeping or living with Dingles than any other family in ED. Talk about chav overload. That family badly needs pruning.
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    If only.:D

:D

If we send the thought out strongly to the Universe, maybe it will happen.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Could be.
    Yes, please, chitarivera; and could you arrange for the crude, vulgar, ugly, nauseating Kerry man to go with them. Thankyou.
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not keen on the Spencers:( but i can't bring myself to say i want them axed from the show.
    There are some people who do like them and knowing how it hurts when people say a character i like should be axed, i prefer to just ignore the characters i don't like, rather than say i want them axed.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not keen on the Spencers:( but i can't bring myself to say i want them axed from the show.
    There are some people who do like them and knowing how it hurts when people say a character i like should be axed, i prefer to just ignore the characters i don't like, rather than say i want them axed.:)

You sweetie! :)

But I'm going to contradict that and say I think the only real problem Spencer is Ali. Somehow I'd get Ali banged up. Ruby could then develop more and be a sort of surrogate mum to Amelia, Amelia could go and live with Dan and Kerry, giving Kerry a sort of 'second chance' at parenthood, and Sean's joining the army anyway. Sorted! :D:D:D
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »

But I'm going to contradict that and say I think the only real problem Spencer is Ali. Somehow I'd get Ali banged up. Ruby could then develop more and be a sort of surrogate mum to Amelia, Amelia could go and live with Dan and Kerry, giving Kerry a sort of 'second chance' at parenthood, and Sean's joining the army anyway. Sorted! :D:D:D
    Yes, the weak link has always been Ali unfortunately. I won't miss Seanochio but I'd more or less learnt to tolerate him, unlike Ali. >:(

Not sure we should send Jazz Hands off to live with Dan & Kerry though - I think we're supposed to be under the impression that Ruby thinks of her like a daughter now and she would be left with nobody then. Anyway, Ali might be a mouthy gobshyte, but I can't see any possibility of her getting banged up for that, unless I'm the judge on that day. :D

As long as WorKerreh goes nowhere, I'm happy. Brilliant character. :cool::cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I kind of agree only I wouldn't saddle Amelia with the obnoxious Kerry. Just leave her with Ruby. I wouldn't have saddled Dan with Kerry either, but hopefully he'll soon see the light.
    Still, it's all pie in the sky, none of them apart from Sean will be going any time soon. ;)
    Forum Member
    Yes, please, chitarivera; and could you arrange for the crude, vulgar, ugly, nauseating Kerry man to go with them. Thankyou.

Not a fan, then, Janet? :D

You are a saint.
    And very skilled at ignoring if you can ignore Ali! :o

I didn't mind Sean.
    I don't mind Dan and Ruby.
    I think Amelia has been shoved out by the arrival of April.

But I find it very difficult to like Ali.
    She's just so loud, angry and aggressive all the time.
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member

Works perfectly for me - I like Ruby and Amelia is no worse than a lot of other soap kids and I think the idea of her going to live with Dan and Kerry would work. There's just something about the character of Ali - she's so hard and aggressive and I just don't think she really fits in Emmerdale - her character would be more appropriate to Eastenders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Works perfectly for me - I like Ruby and Amelia is no worse than a lot of other soap kids and I think the idea of her going to live with Dan and Kerry would work. There's just something about the character of Ali - she's so hard and aggressive and I just don't think she really fits in Emmerdale - her character would be more appropriate to Eastenders.

Totally agree. It's all part of Blackburn and Oates's silly attempts at urbanising a village, hence Emmerdale's palpable identity crisis.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Adam dreads what’s to come as Aaron makes plans for them."

I suppose a mutual love suicide pact is out of the question?
    so cruel - these poor lads have suffered I tell you. They've SUFFERED.

And made sure that the viewers did at the same time.
    Not looking forward to more scenes with the fat lump Kerry the chav. should have gone with Amy, she is so bloody irritating.
    Is she coming back soon? Well, she's persistent, I'll give her that.:(

Could be.

I reckon so. Personally I don't mind Ali in 2.5% of her screen time when she's not whining, shouting or taking pleasure in someone's misfortune. There have been scenes with Sean and Dan where we've seen a kindly, softhearted Ali. I wish we could have had more of that side of her. I have to say I think the kid who plays Sean has improved a lot in recent months (but he should probably consider another day job:D). I cannot stand Amelia - I don't think it's the actress, it's the character - but she really is a smart arsed brat. I hope she goes, and she can take Dan with her if he doesn't stop being a simpering idiot and getting stomped on from great heights by everyone.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else read the DS spoilers for next week? It looks pretty good. :)
    Ok, who called that Carole was married first? :p
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did you guess, chitarivera? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    I think we all called it simultaneously the minute she wouldn't let him near her house. :kitty: It's Corrie's Andrea sl all over again - only the names have been changed to protect the guilty. ^_^
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »

I never guess but I knew the character, unlike Andrea, would be fleeting.
    Forum Member
    I never guess but I knew the character, unlike Andrea, would be fleeting.

I think all the indicatiors are pointing to Ashley and Harriet - so would they become 'Harshley' or 'Ashrriet '....:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we all going to get Big Brother then for Kim Tate? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think all the indicatiors are pointing to Ashley and Harriet - so would they become 'Harshley' or 'Ashrriet '....:)
    Have you been on the sauce already, dear? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we all going to get Big Brother then for Kim Tate? :D
    She was one of only 4 I actually recognised last night. :( She's looking mighty fine though. :cool: (Although the kiddies on the CBB thread were talking as if she's 81 instead of 51). :o^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    She was one of only 4 I actually recognised last night. :( She's looking mighty fine though. :cool: (Although the kiddies on the CBB thread were talking as if she's 81 instead of 51). :o^_^

She did indeed look fantastic, she does look younger than 51 as well. I think it's the way she carries herself as well. I'm watching on catch-up right now, she's the only one I know. I never watched that benefit street so Dee was a puzzle to me. Claire seems really nice though, not that I'm surprised.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis Central presents

The Amazingly, Supremely, Brilliantly Wonderful Acting involved in the Aaron Acting part 2

Some very understated laid back acting from Aaron here even when Cain had him by the throat he was utterly understated, its almost like he didn't care.

So Kwynne awards Aaron the inaugral Most Laid back and undertated acting in the history of acting.

So well done Dany Millar its almost like you couldn't be bothered doing any acting at all. But i'm sure its not that, right? Right?

There was also some seriously wonderful putting on of a hoodie hood in this episode, top of the class Aaron.

Also first class chin stroking and furrowing of the forehead, you will lots of awards for this Aaron.

Well Done.
    Forum Member
    How did you guess, chitarivera? :)

just s lucky guess. ;-)

Kim Tate in celeb big brother? :o
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Analysis Central presents

The Amazingly, Supremely, Brilliantly Wonderful Acting involved in the Aaron Acting part 2

Some very understated laid back acting from Aaron here even when Cain had him by the throat he was utterly understated, its almost like he didn't care.

So Kwynne awards Aaron the inaugral Most Laid back and undertated acting in the history of acting.

So well done Dany Millar its almost like you couldn't be bothered doing any acting at all. But i'm sure its not that, right? Right?

There was also some seriously wonderful putting on of a hoodie hood in this episode, top of the class Aaron.

Also first class chin stroking and furrowing of the forehead, you will lots of awards for this Aaron.

Well Done.

This made me laugh so much. :blush:

Wasn't he supposed to be good? I know he's probably rusty, but he's as flat as a pancake at the moment. My eyes glaze over the moment he appears on screen.
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Have you been on the sauce already, dear? ;-)

:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.