2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

Comments

• CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun are saying Jake Woods (aka Max Branning) has signed up, with bosses hoping that he pulls in some female viewers.

I'd say he's in. He ticks the EastEnder and Actor box.

Scott Maslen-style breakdown looming?
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Yay! Another rumour! Id say he's in. I think the following are in on the male side!

Gregg Wallace
    Jake Wood
    Mark Wright
    Thom Evans

Dave Berry, Greg James, Graham Swann could also be in too??...
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susanna just said on GMB that they're announcing another celebrity tomorrow.

One of her co-presenters, Ben or Sean, might have signed up (Charlotte is pregnant).

Ben studied Dance when he was at uni.
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun are saying Jake Woods (aka Max Branning) has signed up, with bosses hoping that he pulls in some female viewers.

I'd say he's in. He ticks the EastEnder and Actor box.

Would he really pull in the female viewers? really? Saying that I don't mind him at all. He is possibly instead of Ross Kemp.
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! Another rumour! Id say he's in. I think the following are in on the male side!

Gregg Wallace
    Jake Wood
    Mark Wright
    Thom Evans

Dave Berry, Greg James, Graham Swann could also be in too??...

I would be quite happy with this line-up, has Graham actually been rumoured though?
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of her co-presenters, Ben or Sean, might have signed up (Charlotte is pregnant).

I would love to see Ben on the show .
    He's HOT :blush: and I like his personality on GMB; he seems really lovely :).

If Jake wood is in, will he be done with filming Eastenders for the year :confused: does anyone knows :confused:
    I really hope he will...otherwise it'll be VERY hard for him to make it towards the end especially if he turns out to be good.. think Scott Maslen :(
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    I would love to see Ben on the show .
    He's HOT :blush: and I like his personality on GMB; he seems really lovely :).

If Jake wood is in, will he be done with filming Eastenders for the year :confused: does anyone knows :confused:
    I really hope he will...otherwise it'll be VERY hard for him to make it towards the end especially if he turns out to be good.. think Scott Maslen :(

I like Ben, too. And Sean is also nice to look at;-)

Agree about Jake; Scott was good, and you could see how worn out he became.:(
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Completely knackered:( and he lost so much weight too :(. His filming schedule was very intense plus combined with strictly ? ....too much workload.....
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I don't know about Caroline, I don't think she will be in, also I think she is doing the new series of Celebrity Juice replacing Holly Willoughby, so I'm unsure since she would be on an ITV contract?

AFAIK it is only Soap actors with current ITV contracts (Corrie/ Emmerdale) who are not allowed to do Strictly.

This might purely be due to logistics and scheduling as they have so many episodes per week it would be a nightmare if an actor was in Elstree on Friday and Saturday for Strictly if they were needed for filming in Manchester or Leeds.
    Soaps are a juggernaut of production, and nothing must get in the way of filming.
    Actors that misbehave and disrupt filming (or give another actor a black eye off set) get severely sanctioned / fired.

ITV did have other embargoes on soap actors appearing on other shows in the past, when they had spats with other TV companies - like when Richard & Judy and Paul O'Grady went to Channel 4.

Most other artists are freelancers so can appear on any channels - it tends to only be actors that have "golden handcuffs deals" - or Ant & Dec.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member

The Curse of Kirkwood - this has been discussed at length on Strictly threads.

How not to win friends and influence people.
    Get an actor in the soap you are producing to do Strictly, then don't give them any time off for dance training or rehearsals.
    Hey - it is bad enough they have to get Friday and Saturday off !!!

Ricky Whittle
    Ali Bastien
    Scott Maslen
    Ashley Taylor Dawson

they all could have won it had they not run out of steam.
  • Andrew_MAndrew_M Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Jake Wood is indeed doing the show, I can't see them having Michelle Collins. (another soapie) on as well
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Would they have a This Morning person *and* a GMB person?

Jake Wood does nothing for me, in fact the thought of him doing latin fills me with dread!
    Forum Member
    Andrew_M wrote: »
    If Jake Wood is indeed doing the show, I can't see them having Michelle Collins. (another soapie) on as well

Who knows.... Series 7 had about 5 soap stars.
  • LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    I STILL think that this year will be the year of the MAN so I'm really looking forward to that line up.

The female line up seems rather strong as of now BUT none of these women WILL WIN.

Are you referring to it as Year of the Man because you think that's what Beeb are deliberately aiming for (as they clearly were last year, letting the female celebs dominate the show's media coverage and pushing for an all female final) or just because you think a male celeb is going to win?
    Forum Member
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    I would be quite happy with this line-up, has Graham actually been rumoured though?

No but there's been speculation that there'll be a cricketer, and he's been absent from something or other :D
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Mark Wright still thinking it over. I can't see him turning it down if the ball is in his court - they obviously want him:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/mark-wright-confirms-strictly-come-4077773
  • Andrew_MAndrew_M Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »
    Mark Wright still thinking it over. I can't see him turning it down if the ball is in his court - they obviously want him:

Bit late in making a decision isn't he?!?
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Think we're about to find out a guy this time if Tess's tweet is anything to go by :D
    Ladies I think you might be rather pleased with our newest Strictly star..
    Check out @bbcstrictly any minute to find out who it is!

https://twitter.com/TessDaly/status/502026679511162880
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »

Oh mega YAWN! How many more 'interviews' is he going to do saying he's still deciding whether to do strictly or not! It's just PR fluff to get him in the tabloids. This is why I don't want him on the show - tedious, attention seeking moron he is!
  • rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Think we're about to find out a guy this time if Tess's tweet is anything to go by :D

https://twitter.com/TessDaly/status/502026679511162880

It's Alison Hammond.

Are we getting announcements of all the girls before the guys!?
  • kinseyjafkinseyjaf Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when is the full line up being announced ?
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake Wood doing Strictly is actually quite a good signing! I know he's the usual Soap fodder, but he's one of EastEnders' strongest actors and one of their most recognisable of the current crop. It's win/win really, because he's one of the key players in the 'Who Killed Lucy Beale?' storyline, so EastEnders will appreciate the extra publicity too. However, being such an integral part of the storyline could result in Scott Maslen Mk. 2, but fingers crossed!

Although he isn't a 'looker' on paper, he does have a surprise amount of fans in that regard. You just have to look at the Soap forum to see the level of appreciation for one of his assets and this also happened a little while ago.
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    rachymac wrote: »
    It's Alison Hammond.

Are we getting announcements of all the girls before the guys!?

Alison was yesterdays announcement. I think we're getting a guy today :)
  • rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Alison was yesterdays announcement. I think we're getting a guy today :)

Oops - missed that yesterday and was half asleep when I checked Twitter! Hopefully we will get a guy this time...
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to wonder if Mark Wright really has been asked. All the noises are being made from his end about 'talks' and 'offers', and it's keeping him in the papers just by speculating.