Itv 2

Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not a debate about the current channel, but a button that was often seen on seventies television sets as Britain awaited its fourth channel, which would almost certainly be given to the IBA. However, the name ITV 2 was not to be as Channel 4 was decided on, but it would have been interesting if a television name nowadays more associated with programmes for young women had become ITV 2.

Comments

• david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recall the days of the tuning button.

I had great fun tuning in ITV on the BBC1 button and tuning in BBC1 on the ITV2 button.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    This would be when my dad invented the remote control to change channel with our push button TV: A long piece of dowel. :D
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I often wonder if the ITV 2 name had been used for Channel 4, what the channel that is now ITV 2 would be called.
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I often wonder if the ITV 2 name had been used for Channel 4, what the channel that is now ITV 2 would be called.

ITV3?

Then the current ITV3 would be ITV4 and the current ITV4 would be ITV5.
  • cutty sarkcutty sark Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »

Erm... ITV 3 !!!
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be a lot different if Channel 4 never launched, You have to remember Freeview was a lucky accident at the flop of ON/ITV digital. Sky and VM would of still existed through.