Options

Ted

ThePhotographerThePhotographer Posts: 3,112
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just saw Seth McFarlane on Jon Stewart show promoting his new movie, and just looked at the trailer on YouTube.

I've got to say, brilliant!

Patrick Stewart as the narator, Mark Wharlberg, Miss Kunelis and Seth voicing the bear is brilliant. I've not laughed at a trailer ever, in a good way.

Will certainly see this film, and only just found out it's out soon.

Comments

• Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks very good and very funny. Can't say I'm a Wahlberg fan but I am a McFarlane fan so I will certainly be giving this a go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fbo_pQvU7M

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ted_2012/
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks very funny this. :D
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Thunder Buddies on the official website is hilarious!
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I love American Dad! and to an extent Family Guy, I can't help but feel this is just Seth doing Peter Griffin's voice and using the opportunity to swear a lot and have sexy women leered at. I bet he's laughing his head off at the obscene amount of money he's being paid to basically churn out the same material over and over and people are lapping it up.

The trailer leaves me cold, (especially the uncut trailer) it's like he's just trying to be as dirty / offensive as possible as that is what will give the film, and thusly him, the most attention. Yawn.
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Whilst I love American Dad! and to an extent Family Guy, I can't help but feel this is just Seth doing Peter Griffin's voice and using the opportunity to swear a lot and have sexy women leered at. I bet he's laughing his head off at the obscene amount of money he's being paid to basically churn out the same material over and over and people are lapping it up.

The trailer leaves me cold, (especially the uncut trailer) it's like he's just trying to be as dirty / offensive as possible as that is what will give the film, and thusly him, the most attention. Yawn.

Remind me not to invite you anywhere! :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Thunder Buddies on the official website is hilarious!

Seen the tralier? Best scene ever :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I liked it, a touch of peter, roger and quamire all rolled into one. Just hope the trailer is all the funny bits cut out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mwnn wrote: »
    I liked it, a touch of peter, roger and quamire all rolled into one. Just hope the trailer is all the funny bits cut out.

That's what they did to The Dictator, cut some of the funniest scenes out of the film but left them in the trailer.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really looking forward to this film as it does look hilarious. The Americans get it today, whilst we have to legally wait until August 1st. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Meant to say I hope the trailer isn't all the funny parts of the film like johnny English reborn ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with this unfortunately. I do like MacFarlane and I'd heard this film looked hilarious - I didn't even crack a smile at the trailer. Seems to just be taking refuge in vulgarity - whilst Family Guy is far from guilty of this, it does have some brilliant timing and observational humour when it wants to. I think MacFarlane is better than this.

Might give it a watch at some point though, just in case the trailer didn't do it justice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You've clearly seen a different trailer to the one I watched over the weekend then.... because like everyone else in the cinema I was wetting myself laughing. I don't recall it being particularly potty mouthed / dirty or leery.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    That's what they did to The Dictator, cut some of the funniest scenes out of the film but left them in the trailer.

What scenes are you referring to?
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I saw this a few days ago, its hysterical. :D The ending is quite sad though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    What scenes are you referring to?

I meant they took the funniest bits from the movie and used them in the commercials not actually edited them out of the release.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the trailer a month or two back and never laughed at a trailer as much as i laughed when Ted playfully was beating Mark Wahlberg up on the couch.

Will definitely go see it when it finally comes out over here. (a month later from the US release is a joke)
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member

The Onion AV Club seemed to like it:
    the funniest moments in Ted are rooted in Wahlberg’s relationship with his furry buddy. As a stunted manchild and his incorrigible best friend, Wahlberg and MacFarlane have a wonderfully lived-in chemistry that carries the film through intermittent rough patches. Even the pop-culture references serve the themes: A running gag involving Wahlberg and MacFarlane’s deification of cheesy ’80s icon Sam Jones (Flash Gordon), for example, is funny in its own right while speaking to the comfort the two soul mates find in never evolving beyond the goofy pleasures of boyhood.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/ted,81842/

Though on the downside, it does look like a "guy film"-
    the trailers seem to share FG's style of "fratboy humour".
  • Options
    MenoetiusMenoetius Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is cracking clip ...

Job interview
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interview with Seth MacFarlane on Ted. The character is Boston based so naturally he is going to sound like a hybrid of Peter and Brian. He is a Boston bear.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmMGTlR07Aw&feature=relmfu

And for anyone who is interested behind the scenes footage. I like how Seth is in the background saying his lines and they copy his movements and inflection so Ted looks so real.

Behind the Scenes 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0x_Hit0knE&feature=relmfu

Behind the Scenes II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljR2J1R7MOI&feature=relmfu
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    I saw this last week in the US and it was hilarious. The idea of a potty-mouthed
    kid's toy sounds like a gimmick but MacFarlane and his writers make it work (I especially liked the scene where kitsch icon
    turns up at Ted's party). :D

The only problem is my small cousin (7) saw the "Ted" posters and kept asking
    her mother "I wanna see the film about the funny
    teddy bear!" :eek: Poor mother had to
    explain the film wasn't for kids and she'd have to wait a few years to watch it. :o
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    It's brilliant :D
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    I saw this last week in the US and it was hilarious. The idea of a potty-mouthed
    kid's toy sounds like a gimmick but MacFarlane and his writers make it work (I especially liked the scene where kitsch icon
    turns up at Ted's party). :D

The only problem is my small cousin (7) saw the "Ted" posters and kept asking
    her mother "I wanna see the film about the funny
    teddy bear!" :eek: Poor mother had to

explain the film wasn't for kids and she'd have to wait a few years to watch it. :o

lol Id imagine thats gonna happen alot when it hits here soon

especially if they use the cute poster where mark and ted are sitting on the sofa LOL

but theres one where there taking a piss together LOL

I guess it depends
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this at a preview screening the other day - it was absolutely brilliant fun. If you like Family Guy, then you will love it. Crude, close to the bone humour, laugh out loud funny, good special effects and good all round performances. One of the better comedies I have seen for a while
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    saw the trailer,looked stupid to mw,but I suspect I'm in the minority:):
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Looks a cut above a lot of yank comedies to me.

Interesting to see its reception elsewhere as its proving to be quite a big hit in the states - $168m and rising.