Options

Frankie Sandford Pregnant

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is going to sound random but it amazes me how she can have a normal day out at the football without anyone crowding her or taking pictures/wanting autographs etc. I know it's a football game so there's hardly going to be any Saturdays fans there but considering she's in the papers every day and has released about 20 singles and recently had a #1, it must be weird to go out in public and have to stand in a queue for the chip van. :p

Celebrity life is so bizzarre, haha.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Sorry but that is a ridiculous comment. Being ungrateful is more to do with being a bit of a brat which is sod all to do with any sort of moral code.

To say that anyone not agreeing with you is ridiculous is completely wrong imo

Being a bit of a brat is to do with a moral code. Honestly, I don't get where you and Declan are coming from on this.

Having a big nose isn't do with morality. Not being good at quantum physics isn't do with morality. Being selfish, greedy, dishonest, ungrateful, bratty etc are to do with morality.

What do you think morality is?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a bit of a brat is to do with a moral code. Honestly, I don't get where you and Declan are coming from on this.

Having a big nose isn't do with morality. Not being good at quantum physics isn't do with morality. Being selfish, greedy, dishonest, ungrateful, bratty etc are to do with morality.

What do you think morality is?

I honestly can't see where you're coming from and think you're being ridiculously melodramatic.

Dictionary definition of morality is:

Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.
    Behavior as it is affected by the observation of these principles.

Acting like a bit of a brat doesn't fit into those definitions. It's more about acting with a bit of immaturity than actually being 'bad' or 'wrong'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly can't see where you're coming from and think you're being ridiculously melodramatic.

Dictionary definition of morality is:

Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.
    Behavior as it is affected by the observation of these principles.

Acting like a bit of a brat doesn't fit into those definitions. It's more about acting with a bit of immaturity than actually being 'bad' or 'wrong'

Those definitions appear to cover acting like a brat very clearly to me. I don't know why you see it differently.

And where's the melodrama? There was certainly some very melodramatic language from Declan Khan, suggesting that simply having a baby was ungrateful, and with ugly talk about "pearls before swine" and being "dragged into the mire". My position throughout has been that Frankie, and the other Saturdays who've had babies, are doing nothing wrong by doing so. Is that such a melodramatic position?
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/the-juice/frankie-sandford-devastated-pregnancy-weight-gain-criticism-emotional-breakdowns-hugs-132049341.html

I really feel for her :(

It must be pretty rubbish being slated - I admit she does look a lot different but I still wouldn't be too gutted if I looked like that!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I walked past Ms. Sandford a few weeks ago (before she got her hair extensions) and she was tiny. Probably still no more than around 55kg and a size 8. Granted, that was a few weeks ago, but she doesn't look to have gained hardly any weight since then. She's got a tiny bone structure so any slight weight gain would easily show.

To be fair, I think a lot of the criticism is simply down to troll culture. People pick on anyone nowadays, especially those in the public eye. I'd love to tell her to take it with a pinch of salt, and that in reality pregnancy and weight gain go hand in hand, and internet trolls are par the course for being in the public eye; but it's still upsetting when people criticise you for something you have little or no control over, such as pregnancy weight gain. I say little or no control over, because people may say she's stuffing her face, but she may not be. Some people gain lots of weight during pregnancy even when not upping their calorific intake.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How pathetic and immature do you have to be to criticise a pregnant woman for putting on weight FFS?

She's carrying a small human inside her body and that's a wonderful thing,. So what if a woman puts on weight? She's supposed to. pregnancy is one time in your life not to worry about your figure and concentrate on keeping your baby safe and healthy
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    She's just announced it on Twitter. That is one fertile group of gals!!

There we all were feeling sorry for Wayne Bridge and then he gets shacked up with this stunner !
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/the-juice/frankie-sandford-devastated-pregnancy-weight-gain-criticism-emotional-breakdowns-hugs-132049341.html

It must be pretty rubbish being slated - I admit she does look a lot different but I still wouldn't be too gutted if I looked like that!!

I think she looks great.
    I think that some people are so used to seeing airbrushed, photoshopped stick insects full of botox and silicone, they actually forget what women are supposed to look like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those definitions appear to cover acting like a brat very clearly to me. I don't know why you see it differently.

And where's the melodrama? There was certainly some very melodramatic language from Declan Khan, suggesting that simply having a baby was ungrateful, and with ugly talk about "pearls before swine" and being "dragged into the mire". My position throughout has been that Frankie, and the other Saturdays who've had babies, are doing nothing wrong by doing so. Is that such a melodramatic position?

Personally, they can do what they like. However professionally they have screwed up their managers efforts and the failure of the show in the US attests to that.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    How pathetic and immature do you have to be to criticise a pregnant woman for putting on weight FFS?

She's carrying a small human inside her body and that's a wonderful thing,. So what if a woman puts on weight? She's supposed to. pregnancy is one time in your life not to worry about your figure and concentrate on keeping your baby safe and healthy

I agree, it's horrible how people can even think it's somehow OK to talk about other people like that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think she does need to learn to ignore idiots like that, to be honest. Someone who criticises a pregnant woman for putting on weight is too stupid for anyone to bother about their opinion.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get pregnant. You put on weight. That's about the A to Z of it.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure why the fried felt the need to run to the paper though, where more people will probs be worse.
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    You get pregnant. You put on weight. That's about the A to Z of it.
    Yep spot on just a fuss over nothing.
    I think she does need to learn to ignore idiots like that, to be honest. Someone who criticises a pregnant woman for putting on weight is too stupid for anyone to bother about their opinion.

Yes she does, surely there are lots of things to get devastated about and this is not one of then.
  • Options
    SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest with you, I do think she looks better now that she's curvier. Why can't the press appreciate a woman's body the way it's naturally supposed to be. We're not all going to look the same for goodness sake.

No doubt she's going to work on losing the majority of it after giving birth but I hope she maintains a few curves because she does look a lot healthier.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest with you, I do think she looks better now that she's curvier. Why can't the press appreciate a woman's body the way it's naturally supposed to be. We're not all going to look the same for goodness sake.

No doubt she's going to work on losing the majority of it after giving birth but I hope she maintains a few curves because she does look a lot healthier.

Because the press are vile people. I guess this is the name of the game, As a pop star you have to expect it.

If she really is unhappy and has breakdowns then it be best for her to get out the limelight until she is ready again.
  • Options
    John_TraynorJohn_Traynor Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Did her boyfriend use to be a footballer years ago?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie and Wayne are expecting a baby boy, announced after Mollie let slip the sex in an interview. :o

No mini Saturdays then. Although I suppose they could still do a Saturdays Juniors a la S Club 8. :p
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    Coming soon, S Club toddlers!

Or Saturdays Juniors :D
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did her boyfriend use to be a footballer years ago?

He still is a footy player
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why the fried felt the need to run to the paper though, where more people will probs be worse

I wish Frankie Sandford knew she looks absolutely lovely.

I always feel sad for people who live on their Twitters because they are so subjected to trolls it's unbelieveable. Just switch the rotten thing off and go live your life, be none the wiser what idiots say!

And also...
    A source close to Frankie told new! magazine

Just a tip:

100% there is no 'friend'. If it's an anon source (most of them are) it is purely made up by the media outlet running the story to get THEIR own POV across and build a story. It's the voice of their own editorial. They're just not going to tell you, the reader. Bcs it wouldn't read like a gossipy little story then, would it? ;)

Sometimes even named friends 'quotes' are taken completely out of context and spun so much they resemble little of what the original person said. So don't worry about that, it's unlikely Frankie's real friends are talking to anyone without her consent. :)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    monstruo wrote: »
    I walked past Ms. Sandford a few weeks ago (before she got her hair extensions) and she was tiny. Probably still no more than around 55kg and a size 8. Granted, that was a few weeks ago, but she doesn't look to have gained hardly any weight since then. She's got a tiny bone structure so any slight weight gain would easily show.

To be fair, I think a lot of the criticism is simply down to troll culture. People pick on anyone nowadays, especially those in the public eye. I'd love to tell her to take it with a pinch of salt, and that in reality pregnancy and weight gain go hand in hand, and internet trolls are par the course for being in the public eye; but it's still upsetting when people criticise you for something you have little or no control over, such as pregnancy weight gain. I say little or no control over, because people may say she's stuffing her face, but she may not be. Some people gain lots of weight during pregnancy even when not upping their calorific intake.

I feel for her and would say the same thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie gave birth this morning to a 7lb 13oz boy, named Parker.

https://twitter.com/FrankieTheSats/status/391151417349906432

Congrats to her and Wayne!
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aww congrats, nice to have a boy baby in the girl mix
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations Frankie and Wayne!