Options

What has happened to Sky On-Demand?

ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,328
Forum Member
✭✭
I was watching a show last night and at 2am my sky+ HD box turned off and updated and now all the On-demand stuff and catchup services like iplayer, 4OD etc have disappeared and all I get is Showcase even though the box s still connected to the net. I checked my other box - a 2Tb Sky+ HD box and its exactly the same.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,952
    Forum Member
    ShaunIOW wrote: »
    I was watching a show last night and at 2am my sky+ HD box turned off and updated and now all the On-demand stuff and catchup services like iplayer, 4OD etc have disappeared and all I get is Showcase even though the box s still connected to the net. I checked my other box - a 2Tb Sky+ HD box and its exactly the same.

Any ideas?

I lost catch up on one occasion in similar circs. Reboot is the best first choice - unplug at mains, leave a minute and then plug back in. Has worked for me
  • Options
    gillwgillw Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to do a planner rebuild to fix mine. Looks like the update caused an issue.
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ShaunIOW wrote: »

Any ideas?

Try this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85xwZ_OLX0
  • Options
    spearce8spearce8 Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    On Demand has stopped working for me too overnight, (wireless box) tried a rebuild all that, I guess it'll fix itself I guess.
  • Options
    gillwgillw Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what the update was? Seems to have killed quite a few peoples OnDemand planners!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Checked internet is connected still.NYwireless box off sky loses conne tion daily and iIhave torefrefund network and enter key.
  • Options
    Skylover4lifeSkylover4life Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to reboot mine myself, only had the old Showcase.
  • Options
    StuartPlymouthStuartPlymouth Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A reboot normally resolves this issue. The update was the new search function, which is being rolled out over the next few weeks.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    My father had a problem last week. I didn't check if there was a software upgrade. I just thought it was the connector or router playing up.

I changed the router ID & password and it rectified the problem.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you people. :)