Paul Walker (Fast & Furious) in Fatal Car Crash

15678911»

Comments

• soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the CCTV footage that the DM have. That was one HELL of an explosion. Sorry to say but the bodies must have been absolutely charred.

Yes they were. There is a picture of the scene on some sites now, where you can see this.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone hasn't seen it yet, a rather lovely tribute from the Fast & Furious team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8UCI7r1Aqw
  • PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay_Price wrote: »
    Have you seen the autopsy report? Rodger died on impact and Paul died of trauma AND thermal injuries. I hope he was unconscious because that's just horrific. :(

Given the ferocity of the blaze that followed the crash, both bodies must have been near-incinerated. I don't understand how they'd have been able to tell whether or not either man was alive before the fire started.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so so sad.

The more coverage this story gets the more sad and heartbreaking this is.

Paul was such a private person and stayed out of the limelight and we never really knew that much about Paul Walker the "person". Since he died,so may of his friends/acquaintances and family members have paid tribute to him echoing the same sentiment- what a wonderful human being he was.
  • Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Polomini wrote: »
    Given the ferocity of the blaze that followed the crash, both bodies must have been near-incinerated. I don't understand how they'd have been able to tell whether or not either man was alive before the fire started.

An examination of the lungs will indicate whether or not toxic fumes were breathed in. Paul's test showed that he was still breathing after the impact where as Roger did not.

May they both RIP.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It’s doubtful that either of them would have felt much after the impact that ripped the car apart, how can that not kill you straight off the bat. So the ghoulish burning alive theories are probably unlikely anyway. They say those cars are like giant petrol bombs at high impact.

The looks comments are quite funny, it does show how much that stuff changes peoples perception of things, how an attractive person dying somehow effects people more. As it turns out it sounds like he was the salt of the earth kind of guy but that shallow stuff does him a disservice, sure he would prefer to be remembered for his charity work, not some aftershave he promoted. I get that people are pointing out qualities but the “that’s a shame he was so hot” comments are very lame imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    This is a great interview with Paul's manager, Matt Luber

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/paul...g-up-together/
    Paul Walker was never much for the spotlight, despite his movie star success, which made him a bit of a mystery to his many fans at the time of his death.

Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr. talked with Walker’s long-time manager and got a much better picture of the interesting and complex life Walker led for many years, including such things as, in this photo, joining marine biologists to tag sharks for research.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His family are reportedly suing Porche for millions, guess that's how they deal with grief, blame someone else.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay_Price wrote: »
    Have you seen the autopsy report? Rodger died on impact and Paul died of trauma AND thermal injuries. I hope he was unconscious because that's just horrific. :(
    Here is a quote seemingly from someone involved with the case (from the BestGore site)
    Yep, knew these would get out soon. Mr. Rodas basically died on impact. Mr. Walker did not died on impact but he was knocked out and did not ultimately suffer. I can assure the public that both victims did not suffer or burn alive. Mr. Rodas was dead before the fire, Mr. Walker was unconscious the minute the car hit the pole. As for the outline of the bodies you do have them correct, except the driver wasn’t mangled he was mostly covered with debris and Mr. Walker’s body.

There’s more photos, but sadly I can not share them. Sorry.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Medical Examiner
    Harley Q.

(I work at the Los Angeles Coroner’s Office) :)
    I can’t share the photos cause they are property of the L.A. Coroners office. We are searched before we enter the building and before we leave the building. Our personal cell phones are turned over to security before we come in. They do this because we have lots of high profile people on our tables. The only time you see a photo from the coroners office is because it was released, never leaked. Our agenacies like the CHP leak photos that they took their selves. I have photos on Mr. Walker on the table cleaned up and so on. Can’t share them cause they are locked on my office computer. Sorry. Plus I value my career way too much to let these photos get leaked. Not everyone can say they have had their hands in the chest cavity of Micheal Jackson and a random gang member in the same day.

I’m here for abit of both. Been lurking for years, but was sick of being silent and not correcting or sharing my knowledge. I wanted to be a medical examiner since I was in grade school, everyone always tried to talk me out of it cause why would a girl want to work with dead bodies.
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    His family are reportedly suing Porche for millions, guess that's how they deal with grief, blame someone else.

How can they sue when the cause hasn't been established yet?

I'm also a bit grossed out why people want the aftermath body photos?!? I have seen the one that seems to be in circulation now and it's only that its been outlined that you can see its a body or bodies if hadnt of been outlined I would of just thought it was part of the car wreckage.... Either way I'm a bit grossed out, why thousands of people want to look at someone's mangled chard remains be it Paul walker or joe bloggs.

It's like that story that was in the mail the other day about that boy who decided to burn himself alive via some chat room and a riot broke out online as the chat room got full and others were demanding that other viewers left so they could see what was happening..

We live in a very messed up world sometimes.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm also a bit grossed out why people want the aftermath body photos?!? I have seen the one that seems to be in circulation now and it's only that its been outlined that you can see its a body or bodies if hadnt of been outlined I would of just thought it was part of the car wreckage.... Either way I'm a bit grossed out, why thousands of people want to look at someone's mangled chard remains be it Paul walker or joe bloggs.

It's like that story that was in the mail the other day about that boy who decided to burn himself alive via some chat room and a riot broke out online as the chat room got full and others were demanding that other viewers left so they could see what was happening..

Considering the website was 4chan apparently, not overly surprised given the 'beings' that occupy those parts
  • SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Rest in Paradise beautiful man xxxx
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    There is pictures of both bodys before the sheets were placed, i've got the links but wont post them but will PM if people really need to see.

The only camera that had a clear view wasn't working on that 1 day which would have helped the police alot.

Very sad, i just cant believe hes gone.

Are they different to the ones that are widely circulated on the web?
  • EsclarmondeEsclarmonde Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I knew nothing about Paul Walker before his tragic death. Never saw a Fast & Furious film. But what I've read about his actions in life lead me to offer many condolences. It's amazing what one person can accomplish.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Loon wrote: »
    Are they different to the ones that are widely circulated on the web?

They are on the net yes different not sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I feel The Fast and Furious franchise is a great contribution from Hollywood, it can go on without him and hopefully it can go on entertaining us for many years to come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    multisync wrote: »
    Must be me then as I have never heard of the guy in my life...

Whilst it's sad for the family etc all this blanket presss coverage of an actor is way too much..

The Fast and Furious movies are classics, each one a must see, they are as the title says and they are truly entertaining.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The wording of the thread title made me remember once seeing a news article about a celebrity being 'in [a] fatal car crash' and it went on to say that there were fatalities but he in fact survived. Such a misleading title back then led me to hope when first seeing the thread that, as sad as it is for anyone to have died in that accident, Paul himself hadn't been killed.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

we are descended from people who watched gladiator battle lions in the Roman era,public executions in the middle ages & Victorian freak shows.
    Have we change our natures much?? we like to think so but Im not sure.
    Also,in an age where death is hidden away behind closed doors this has fascinated the public as its a very public and very gruesome death. We are not used to observing such violent deaths, so this one stands out. Death has been fetishised in modern society.