Options

Glue | E4 | Brand new |

storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A programme where Broadchurch meets Skins, Glue is the new exciting teen drama where the body of a local boy inspires his friends to essentially uncover what happened. Secrets are out and lives will change forever.

Here is DS's view on it.

It has a young cast and some familiar faces too like Yasmin Page and Tommy Knight who both starred in The Sarah Jane Adventures and are familiar with teen audiences. Jordan Stephens from Rizzle Kicks the music duo is also starring so an interesting mix.

Considering that there isn't many dramas based around teens and young adults in the autumn time, normally there is more during January etc, I am looking forward to it and reading what people's expectations are. It's been confirmed to start airing in September with no exact date just yet.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no confirmation of an air date yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Oh thanks for posting didn't know about this. I've enjoyed shows like Skins and Misfits on E4 so I should be interested in watching this. The plot reminds me of pretty little liars to some extent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh thanks for posting didn't know about this. I've enjoyed shows like Skins and Misfits on E4 so I should be interested in watching this. The plot reminds me of pretty little liars to some extent.

I haven't seen many trailers for it on E4 lately but talking about it, there's one on right now. I'm guessing they are leaving it till the air date which has not been confirmed yet to entice viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will check this out. Skins was good at first, but sadly wasnt for me in the end. Like Waterloo Road.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its only 3 episodes long
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    I thought Glue was the new name for Glee after the court case :D
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been a while since E4 has had any homegrown teen drama, so this should be worth a watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its only 3 episodes long

What's that got to do with anything? A silly remark to make.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    I thought Glue was the new name for Glee after the court case :D

Haha. Can't see the creators choosing Glue as the name personally for Glee except for the letter count.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's that got to do with anything? A silly remark to make.

That's it a short series. How many episodes does it take for you to usually get into something? Most people will probably say 3 or 4. So they have either got to make them 3 episodes amazing or its going to be complete s**t.

You didn't have to quote me to say something stupid did you, so no its not a f**king silly remark, quoting me to say that is :confused:

oh and if you look at other threads regarding series, it always gets mentioned how many episodes there are. So again how was that a silly remark.
  • Options
    qwerty21qwerty21 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    It's eight episodes according to all the press material I've read.
    E4 have the best hit rate when it comes to original dramas so excited for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwerty21 wrote: »
    It's eight episodes according to all the press material I've read.
    E4 have the best hit rate when it comes to original dramas so excited for this.

don't say that you will get told its a silly remark :p

I think your right that its 8, I was going on IMDB and they have updated it to 8 now.

Got some brilliant actors and actresses in it.

Its looks a bit like the countryside skins/sugar rush.
  • Options
    jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer looks fantastic. I'm excited to see this type of drama back on E4
  • Options
    Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Normally I don't watch E4 at all but the trailer for this looks really good. Hope it delivers.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen the two trailers and they've got me really excited for the show and I can't wait to watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailers are looking great, I agree and with a really good cast, I can't wait for this. No news on air date yet but expect it to be mid September at least.
  • Options
    Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    To the person above talking about series length, Sherlock has had 3 episodes in each of its series and I think it has done rather well hasn't it?

3 episodes is rather short for this kind of series but I'm guessing, due to this, the pace will be high.

Edit: Just seen the post above saying Glue actually has 8 episodes. Sounds more reasonable given the nature of this series.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hardly ever watch E4, but I will check this drama out as it sounds like my type of show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmation of the air date, it's 15th September at 10pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next Monday it starts! Away for the whole week so enjoy the episode. Have to catch up the day I get back.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll wait and see what this thread makes of the first episode. The concept is intriguing but the trailer is a turn-off (too much smooching and pouting). I liked Skins but despite the comparisons, this will hopefully be something different. I'm not confident about that but we'll see.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody know why it isn't in HD? I thought everything was filmed in HD these days but according to my SKY+ guide it isn't being shown in hi def even on E4HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    Anybody know why it isn't in HD? I thought everything was filmed in HD these days but according to my SKY+ guide it isn't being shown in hi def even on E4HD.

I never thought of that; how did you check? Unless Virgin or Sky provide different quality.
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good tbh
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never thought of that; how did you check? Unless Virgin or Sky provide different quality.

On SKY+HD boxes programmes in hi-def are highlighted in yellow in the tv guide and it also says HD in the show description. Neither are present for Glue.