Options

I just cannot warm to Alex

Comments

• Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    I cant warm to her at all. She seems t lack humility and i find her over the top reactions really annoying and put on. Think she is way to over confident and yet puts on the modest humble act. She has no originality and i am bored to tears with her already.
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    According to that article she said nothing of the sort. Once sentence and the Sun have attempted a story about it. It's not her fault if her fans or detractors can't see that.

EDIT: this is in reply to Soupbubbles and the Sun article.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    I have exactly the same problem - she just never moved me but then her melodramatic reaction to beyonce and winning I just found irritating and put on.:(

Same here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they should have done it a bit sooner...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2072395.ece

:D even her fans are up in arms about what she's said. maybe she didn't mean to say "I'm the next Beyonce", but she definitely didn't use her words wisely... :o

Didn't like Alexandra anyway. "I'm A Z-Lebrity", here she comes.

“Beyonce gets on stage and she’s Sasha Fierce, then she’s different off stage. It’s just like me. I get on stage and I’m a different person to what I am off stage.”

There is nothing wrong with what she said. She simply said she is different on stage, what is wrong with that?! :confused:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cybergirl3 wrote: »
    “Beyonce gets on stage and she’s Sasha Fierce, then she’s different off stage. It’s just like me. I get on stage and I’m a different person to what I am off stage.”

There is nothing wrong with what she said. She simply said she is different on stage, what is wrong with that?! :confused:
    To be fair, she said here "I'm starting to think I'm Beyonce!"
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cz02ZG0xw5k&feature=channel_page

I do agree that that article is rubbish and making something out of nothing though.
  • Options
    Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should have done it a bit sooner...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2072395.ece

:D even her fans are up in arms about what she's said. maybe she didn't mean to say "I'm the next Beyonce", but she definitely didn't use her words wisely... :o

Didn't like Alexandra anyway. "I'm A Z-Lebrity", here she comes.

No they're not up in arms. They've seen that article and read it. The comment is innocent and I very much doubt she randomly said it either. It's very likely they asked her how B inspires her or something like that.

She's just won the biggest competition on TV and she's not allowed to enjoy it without being made to look a deluded fool.
  • Options
    ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    I can't stand anything about her

She was just starting her winner's show on TV this morning
    and after her first sentence
    I had to switch her off ~PRONTO

I do not like her loud gushing dramatics

She is sickeningly OTT with verbal diahareah
    and way too -Big headed -big GOBBY
    with a very unlikeable - big ego

the sight and sound of her..... is a total turn off

She is not a unique singer
    and is not at all ,likeable
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just rewatched Alexandra's audition and she actually seemed really genuine and nice.

What happened?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LawRahh25 wrote: »
    I just rewatched Alexandra's audition and she actually seemed really genuine and nice.

What happened?

Nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing.

Obviously something did. No-one was having problems with how she is at that point in the competition, nor till the last few weeks really.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What happened?

I think she got excited understandably and that makes her garralous and possibly say things that are best kept for a closed circle. Journalists will always make something out of nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously something did. No-one was having problems with how she is at that point in the competition, nor till the last few weeks really.

That is because, some people will believe the twists journolists put on things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nah lots of people had a problem with her in the last few weeks of the competition before she won.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imogen M wrote: »
    I'm sorry. I've been trying, but you either like somebody or you don't and I find Alex one of the more unlikable X-Factor winners. I can't gel with her. She leaves me feeling cold and bored. I don't know why this is, as she's a very beautiful young woman with a perfect voice, but I seem to be incapable of liking her.

Has anyone else been having this problem?

I'm sure you are going to survive without any medical intervention or counselling.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, the journalists didn't twist anything when she said for herself on the Xtra Factor "I'm starting to think I'm Beyonce"

Alex needs a bit of media training, I think; she's young and excitable and some of the things she's saying aren't coming across the right way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However, the journalists didn't twist anything when she said for herself on the Xtra Factor "I'm starting to think I'm Beyonce"

Alex needs a bit of media training, I think; she's young and excitable and some of the things she's saying aren't coming across the right way.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah lots of people had a problem with her in the last few weeks of the competition before she won.

That depends on what you consider lots, lots of people on DS dislike Madonna, including me but she still sells records.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That depends on what you consider lots, lots of people on DS dislike Madonna, including me but she still sells records.

I'm not really bothered on if Alex sells records or not. Good for her if she does. I still think there's something off with her personality and I don't think how many records she sells is anything to do with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really bothered on if Alex sells records or not. Good for her if she does. I still think there's something off with her personality and I don't think how many records she sells is anything to do with it.

She is just very exicted right now, and needs to be clamed.
  • Options
    wolfpawwolfpaw Posts: 10,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imogen M wrote: »
    I'm sorry. I've been trying, but you either like somebody or you don't and I find Alex one of the more unlikable X-Factor winners.

Agreed. I too think she deserved to win the X Factor but I cannot warm to her at all. Maybe I know that although she's good she's not that good. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    I can't stand anything about her

She was just starting her winner's show on TV this morning
    and after her first sentence
    I had to switch her off ~PRONTO

I do not like her loud gushing dramatics

She is sickeningly OTT with verbal diahareah
    and way too -Big headed -big GOBBY
    with a very unlikeable - big ego

the sight and sound of her..... is a total turn off

She is not a unique singer
    and is not at all ,likeable

This is the bit where you say rant over so i'lll say rant over.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah....what we are hearing about Alex makes her look silly and over excited.

But.....who cares? She's good and that's that. If you like the girl's voice then fine. Jings....when you think of the arrogance that some other XF acts have shown, Alex is a dream.

She'll be fine when she calms down. :)
  • Options
    muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she has a good voice technically but I do not find it pleasant to listen to and I think she lacks the "X Factor", she may be a nice girl but personality wise and emotionally she leaves me cold.
  • Options
    Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British people are cold in general. It's sad but it's the truth.

As for comments she is well within her right to do them and answer the questions. It's a shame that they feel the need to twist her words. She needs to learn the tabs are not her friends. Unfortunately, if Alex was to cancel any interview she would look terrible.
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I haven't warmed to her throughout. I find her voice a little constipated in its range (which is why I was pleased she threw in some girly highs in 2 of her songs in the Final), and her tone and style is generic, so she doesn't stand out.

Where she scored highly was in stage performance, but even then she eventually came across as a lifeless pro, doing the same thing night after night on the West End stage. Her hand and arm gestures while singing were too slick, her dance moves too confident and well executed, but the singing rarely matched it.

Then there was the strange makeup and some of the clothes she wore, for example during Toxic when she had the red PVC coat on. She's a pretty girl without all that makeup and hair tied into a severe bun, but she looked like a female impersonator in a Rio bar. Some would say she sounded like one too, such was the deeper, husky pitch of her voice.

Maybe that's what it is - Alex is RuPaul, but she thinks she's Beyoncé.