Mike & Molly... dire stuff

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I agree, but they seem to be sticking to a very strict seasonal story schedule;
    S1 meeting & moving in
    S2 getting married
    S3 getting pregnant

My money's on Molly getting pregnant in the last episode of this season and having the baby the last episode of next season, with S4 revolving around the pregnant couple apartment hunting & moving out, and S5 being about raising a baby in their new flat...

It's a decent, no-brainer comedy, but would probably be unwatchable without Melissa McCarthy in it...

I agree on both points, i quite like the storyline per season thing, unlike other shows such as HIMYM at least you can tell where its going, thats nice sometimes.

I also think that Mike & Molly isn't meant to be anything more than just an easy watch. Yes the characters are quite 1 dimensional, and all jokes are about fat people. But who cares, its just for fun tv :)
  • James_MonnellyJames_Monnelly Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they would leave the studio once in a while, like when they are in the car (inside) and I try and see the scenery get repeated as they "drive" along
  • Geeza BrakeGeeza Brake Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Mike should be porking the sexier sister.

Would a cop really keep his job being that big, I mean he's frackin' HHHUUUGGGEEEE !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave it a try a while back, but didnt get far into an episode. Tried again after seeing this thread, and only got about six minutes in. I think I will always associate Melissa with Sookie from Gilmore Girls. Some actors I can get use to doing other characters in other tv shows. Like Jane Leeves from Frasier, and she went on to Hot in Cleveland, and she does great on there. So sometimes it works, but for Melissa, she can only ever be Sookie. As for M&M, dire is the right word from the very little Ive seen.
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    I agree on both points, i quite like the storyline per season thing, unlike other shows such as HIMYM at least you can tell where its going, thats nice sometimes.

I also think that Mike & Molly isn't meant to be anything more than just an easy watch. Yes the characters are quite 1 dimensional, and all jokes are about fat people. But who cares, its just for fun tv :)

Its a good fun show. I love jim the dog. It looks like my old family dog
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Mike should be porking the sexier sister.

Would a cop really keep his job being that big, I mean he's frackin' HHHUUUGGGEEEE !!!

Some cops in america are pretty big I think:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucho wrote: »
    Horrible horrible show. I understand it could be 'big' in America but why oh why to UK TV execs think we need to watch a show with such people in it? When I think about it I get a bit of sick in my mouth.

You don't 'need' to watch anything, you can switch it off. I don't enjoy it myself but I know plenty of people that do, I don't have to like everything that's on tv!
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it but Mike and Molly annoy the hell out of me. Her mum and sister are great are as Carl and his new flatmate and Mike's mum. It's always the same for me with comedy shows though in that I find everyone funny except the main characters. Didn't like Ross and Monica, dont like Leonard and Penny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I don't watch it regularly, but when I do I think it's OK.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has the final episode been postponed, its not on tonight as it should be??
    Forum Member
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    Has the final episode been postponed, its not on tonight as it should be??

I think it may well have been. I had it on series link. but its been replace by friends in my panner. I think it's been taken off because a storm hits
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't shown in America last week due to the nature of the episode being about a storm and after the Oklahoma Tornadoes it was taken off

Its being shown Later this week in America I believe so it may show up at some point next week over here

I think Canada did still show the episode though as normal, so I don;t see why we couldn't broadcast it over here tonight
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its back for season four and its dire, have they changed writers because last mondays effort was bad, boring and frankly embarrassing.

It has lost me as a fan
    Forum Member
    when is it back in the u.k
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Maybe I've been too spoilt with Frasier and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Maybe, but you watch Downton so should be used to dire stuff. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    British Airways show this dire 'comedy' on their flights yuk, yuk, and even more yuk.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone been watching season 4? They seem to have upped the budget a bit, and be in the process of turning it into "The Melissa McCarthy Show" (and why not, when her last 3 movies each grossed over $100 million at the US box office?) It's lost a bit of its sweetness though, I'm not sure if that might turn off some of its core viewers who probably saw it as a nice old fashioned romantic sitcom...
    Forum Member
    Any news yet when it's coming back to comedy central in the uk
  • mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    RickyBarby wrote: »
    Any news yet when it's coming back to comedy central in the uk

On my Sky Never Miss it says "Season 4 (coming 2013/2014)"

Unfortunately no more information at the moment.

This is a good site for uk air dates. Seems to be updated regularly

http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    I'll defend it. Great comedy. Up there with The Middle and Modern Family IMO.

Modern Family sucks too
    Shows how little taste you have.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trolololoolloooooooooll
    Forum Member
    UserXYZ wrote: »
    Modern Family sucks too
    Shows how little taste you have.

I also love The Middle and Modern Family and hope there back soon.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On my Sky Never Miss it says "Season 4 (coming 2013/2014)"

Unfortunately no more information at the moment.

This is a good site for uk air dates. Seems to be updated regularly

http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/
    Gah that suckssss. Thanks for the update though. You'd think Comedy Central would show it quite quick, after all its one of the few new shows they have.
    RickyBarby wrote: »
    I also love The Middle and Modern Family and hope there back soon.
    Me too. They're back in the States so I'm guessing we have to wait until January like we did for last season.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just about to agree with a comment when I noticed it was my own from a year ago! :D

I do that!
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    I do that!

At least we're consistent. ;)