Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all.

How is everyone? Had a lovely day yesterday which was marred by the arrival of the telephone bill. O/H kept ranting - how can anyone talk for 20 minutes on the phone etc etc. He doesn't seem to understand that as my friends live in London, Oxfordshire, Essex and Sussex it is the only way to keep in touch.

Needless to say I am now trying to persuade him to go for a Waitrose deal where you pay a charge for internet and for an extra £5 a month you get line rental and unlimited national calls. Wish me luck!

It is my friend's birthday on the 29 April so we are celebrating her birthday today. Must get on as I have to do housework and put some washing on before we go. Hope my foot holds up. I plan to sit in the cafe and have some tea if it gets really bad.

that sounds like my darling....he cant understand how I can spend so much time on the phone.....:D

doesnt he realise how many friends you have ? and how important it is to keep in touch.....

I usually use skype to chat to my girls, cos its free....its a grotty photo, but ....nice to see someones face.....:D

I also think I have a pretty limitless phone amount on my mobile....I pay a basic subscription price and get loads of free minutes and texts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Evening all :)

News re moving - we're not going to! Well, not yet anyway :).

After a very stressful couple of months, we have decided that now is not the right time, and have taken our house off the market. We are just not ready to downsize properly yet - that will come, but possibly in a couple of years' time. We are both pleased with the decision, but exhausted by the process.

Think I'll take a migraleve and have a lie down :p:D

Hope everyone's well. BBL.

Lindy xx

thats good news....somehow I didnt get the impression that you really wanted to move very much at all !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    evening everyone...

has John spoken or sent a tweet out to someone?

I love the idea of Heidi's compliations as well..........

and the irony of them being put onto the JJJat, when the person that made them no longer feels like posting on that thread....

what an odd world it is that we live in....
  • Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    that sounds like my darling....he cant understand how I can spend so much time on the phone.....:D

doesnt he realise how many friends you have ? and how important it is to keep in touch.....

I usually use skype to chat to my girls, cos its free....its a grotty photo, but ....nice to see someones face.....:D

I also think I have a pretty limitless phone amount on my mobile....I pay a basic subscription price and get loads of free minutes and texts.

I would join in
    but i haven't got a clue
    who we are with (tele, internet)
    its like magic
    it just happens here :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    evening everyone...

has John spoken or sent a tweet out to someone?

I love the idea of Heidi's compliations as well..........

and the irony of them being put onto the JJJat, when the person that made them no longer feels like posting on that thread....

what an odd world it is that we live in....

I think
    he followed someone new
    i think mugs might
    have some info on this :D
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    I would join in
    but i haven't got a clue
    who we are with (tele, internet)
    its like magic
    it just happens here :o:D

Oh georgy
    You do make me laugh :D

But the again
    I can never understand
    How the Sky signal makes it
    From the satellite
    To the TV :p:o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah
    very pleased
    lindy is staying put :D

I know, it's such a relief :D

but normal :o

i doubt this :p

Yeah, what is normal? :p
    thats good news....somehow I didnt get the impression that you really wanted to move very much at all !!!

You're right there marion :)

I was going to spend some time on here now, but am just going to watch Louis Theroux on autism - hope it's good

Lindy x

Speak soon xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh georgy
    You do make me laugh :D

But the again
    I can never understand
    How the Sky signal makes it
    From the satellite

To the TV :p:o:p

i told you
    just like that
    MAGIC :o:p
    Yeah, what is normal? :p

You're right there marion :)

I was going to spend some time on here now, but am just going to watch Louis Theroux on autism - hope it's good

Lindy x

Speak soon xx

No idea lindy
    you're asking the wrong person
    in me ;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well i,m off to bed
    very busy day ahead
    hope you all sleep well
    the lovely people
    of the JJat :D:p:D
  • Options
    ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i,m off to bed
    very busy day ahead
    hope you all sleep well
    the lovely people
    of the JJat :D:p:D

Nite Georgyx
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all :)

News re moving - we're not going to! Well, not yet anyway :).

After a very stressful couple of months, we have decided that now is not the right time, and have taken our house off the market. We are just not ready to downsize properly yet - that will come, but possibly in a couple of years' time. We are both pleased with the decision, but exhausted by the process.

Think I'll take a migraleve and have a lie down :p:D

Hope everyone's well. BBL.

Lindy xx

I can tell how glad you are just from words on a screen. Gruelling maybe, but you may have learned a lot from the experience :) Pleased for you, you'll do it when the time is right :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think
    he followed someone new
    i think mugs might
    have some info on this :D

What on earth gave you that idea :p:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I can tell how glad you are just from words on a screen. Gruelling maybe, but you may have learned a lot from the experience :) Pleased for you, you'll do it when the time is right :)

Thanks Ali :)
    I have certainly had reinforced just how important home is, and how distressing is the thought of losing it ;) I feel as if I'm alive again now - I was never one for drama, of course!! :rolleyes::o:p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Ali :)
    I have certainly had reinforced just how important home is, and how distressing is the thought of losing it ;) I feel as if I'm alive again now - I was never one for drama, of course!! :rolleyes::o:p:D

Lol me neither :p

Well perhaps the power of the written word worked for you, expressing your feelings on here leaked over to your real life maybe? Kay will tell you how repressed I am about expressing my feelings in reality, but on here I can do it so easily.

I remember being upset about something, mentioning it online and Kay trying to call me, I wouldn't pick it up at all, there was no way I was vocalising my feelings on the phone or face-to-face, but I spilled it all online in DM no problem! Emotional constipation I call it, on my part :D Boy I'm spilling my guts a bit today, lots of thoughts going around my head all day about things since this morning... going to shut up now lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol me neither :p

Well perhaps the power of the written word worked for you, expressing your feelings on here leaked over to your real life maybe? Kay will tell you how repressed I am about expressing my feelings in reality, but on here I can do it so easily.

I remember being upset about something, mentioning it online and Kay trying to call me, I wouldn't pick it up at all, there was no way I was vocalising my feelings on the phone or face-to-face, but I spilled it all online in DM no problem! Emotional constipation I call it, on my part :D Boy I'm spilling my guts a bit today, lots of thoughts going around my head all day about things since this morning... going to shut up now lol

Ali, I think you have something here :) I do find it helpful to write things down - before DS I used to spill into notebooks that I then put in a safe place :rolleyes: Sometimes it's good to get your feelings out, without someone else who is directly involved, having to hear it all, in unexpurgated form. It gives you the chance to assess how strongly you feel, apart from anything else. :cool: So I'm glad you are able to do that.
    Don't shut up if you need to spill :)
    Lindy x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ali, I think you have something here :) I do find it helpful to write things down - before DS I used to spill into notebooks that I then put in a safe place :rolleyes: Sometimes it's good to get your feelings out, without someone else who is directly involved, having to hear it all, in unexpurgated form. It gives you the chance to assess how strongly you feel, apart from anything else. :cool: So I'm glad you are able to do that.
    Don't shut up if you need to spill :)
    Lindy x

lol I won't (shut up that is :D)

I really wish I had copies of my 'epics' from the JJJAT. Although they were very self-indulgent, I wanted copies of them as they are a bit like blogs, and I'm thinking of sticking my old blogs onto a site - although the sites for blogs are so so complicated!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol I won't (shut up that is :D)

I really wish I had copies of my 'epics' from the JJJAT. Although they were very self-indulgent, I wanted copies of them as they are a bit like blogs, and I'm thinking of sticking my old blogs onto a site - although the sites for blogs are so so complicated!

Glad to hear it :D

I suppose all old posts are stored somewhere on here? It'd be a case of finding the ones you wanted? Now that'd be a task and a half :p I agree, though, some of your posts were (are) like blogs, and it seems a real pity to lose them.

I couldn't figure out blogging - you did start one though, didn't you - I remember reading it. Keep going Ali, there's a writer in you, I reckon :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to hear it :D

I suppose all old posts are stored somewhere on here? It'd be a case of finding the ones you wanted? Now that'd be a task and a half :p I agree, though, some of your posts were (are) like blogs, and it seems a real pity to lose them.

I couldn't figure out blogging - you did start one though, didn't you - I remember reading it. Keep going Ali, there's a writer in you, I reckon :)

Yes I kept the blogs I did, I have them on Word. Tried a blogging site, found just navigating the blog itself and setting it up a real nightmare, but am just now looking into a different one.

I only wrote them for myself though really, not that I minded others reading them, but the main objective was purely to put my thoughts onto virtual paper, because writing things down really helps doesn't it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes I kept the blogs I did, I have them on Word. Tried a blogging site, found just navigating the blog itself and setting it up a real nightmare, but am just now looking into a different one.

I only wrote them for myself though really, not that I minded others reading them, but the main objective was purely to put my thoughts onto virtual paper, because writing things down really helps doesn't it :)

Sorry I disappeared :o Was distracted by a programme on BBC2 about ancient Rome - really good - next one's on Tuesday - must try to remember.

Like you, I find it helpful to write things down - everything from lists of objectives for the week / year / month to thoughts and feelings as they come to me ;)
    Don't worry though, it won't all be on the JJAT - there wouldn't be enough room :p Hope your blog goes well, it sounds a great idea :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Goodnight all :)

Sleep tight :sleep: :sleep:

Lindy xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning JJat. :)

Thank god its friday. :D

I would love John to answer a few questions not personal ones. Ones like does he regret doing BB? or would he do it again.?

See you all later.x
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Glad to hear you aren't moving Lindy. Life has taught me not to make any decisions in a hurry. From what you were saying I don't think you were really ready to move. So pleased you feel better.

Thanks for the suggestion about skype augusta, will see - it may be just the solution to my husband's telephone problems. I think it ridiculous to quibble over telephone bills - one of my few pleasures talking to friends. It isn't as if it were hundreds of pounds.

Went to Chenies Manor in Buckinghamshire yesterday. If any of you live near there, do go. House very interesting and the gardens just lovely. Saw some interesting types of tulips that I'd never seen before.

My physics tome is 3/4 done - will devote some of the weekend to it. Thank goodness I am ahead of time.

I know exactly what you mean Muggins about being able to post - somehow it is easier to express your feelings in the spoken word. I used to write poems about how I feel and I still keep a diary. Somehow it gets rid of the frustration, anger, sorrow, happiness you feel.

Anyway, see there is no news of John and I've a mountain of washing and ironing to do so I'll say cheerio for the time being.

Happy Friday everyone.
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    My phone/broadband bill is around the £23 a month mark; it covers the line rental, broadband and evening/weekend calls, plus about 10 phone calls a month (friends and family are free). However, I rarely use the phone and certainly not during the day, but I still think it's a good deal as line rental with BT is £14.60, making my broadband and calls just around £10.

I was lucky, I got a good deal when I joined Toucan, which became the same deal with Pipex who are now Talk Talk :D I effectively have a good deal and no contract, as none has ever been signed with Pipex or Talk Talk lol ... that makes them idiots :D

Just saw this. Our telephone bill was £38 for the month and he was complaining. I do use the phone during the day because he doesn't like me on the phone all night when he is home. We are with the Utility Warehouse which is supposed to find the cheapest telephone rate - want to go with Waitrose as the £5 includes line rental and we will get the fibre optic broadband which is much faster than traditional broadband.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching the youtubes posted on the JJJat and came across this so i thought i'd post it. x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkiqp3z3czA&NR=1&feature=endscreen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellemay wrote: »
    Just watching the youtubes posted on the JJJat and came across this so i thought i'd post it. x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkiqp3z3czA&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Laura loves that song!
This discussion has been closed.