Favourite EASTENDERS moment?

molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
Forum Member
✭✭
(of the shows history).

You can have two if you wish :p Mine would be The Stax reveal in 2007 and Tiffany's death in 1998...so sad and poignant..the show really did move on after her character left..new era and all that.

Yours?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tooooooooooooo many but:
    1. Kat/Zoe - You ain't myyy muvaaa, yesss I ammm
    2. Either Little Mo hitting Trevor with the iron OR Den's body being dug up OR Den actually being killed (the twist with Chrissie doing it rather than Zoe)
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    Gotta be Den Watts and the divorce papers. Just epic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Far too many. Best:

Divorce papers
    Sharongate reveal in pub
    Countless Peggy vs Sharon encounters
    Chrissie's machinations
    Cindy Beale leaving without Lucy
    Donna's suicide
    Chrissie giving Kate Mitchell a "haircut"
    Zoe/Kat reveal
    Den's return with "ello princess"
    Who's the daddy reveal (the original, not the farce of a copy seen recently)

But among my most favourites:

Sharon's return as the mystery Vic owner in 01 - such a spectacular, campy, climax to the ep, Sharon appearing behind the bar. One of the best moments ever, one of the best ep endings and climaxes and without doubt the show's best ever return.

Chrissie confronting Den and Den loosing it in the 20th anniversary ep. So superb this scene!!!!!
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definetly every scene of the David/Cindy affair from 1995 and 1996 ever single scene was soap gold

EastEnders was at its very best in 1995 - 97
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat and Zoe reveal
    Forum Member
    Definetly every scene of the David/Cindy affair from 1995 and 1996 ever single scene was soap gold

EastEnders was at its very best in 1995 - 97

They were the saving grace of the show at that time imo... 96-97 were a low point in the show's history imo; after the highs of 91-94 and future heights of 01.

Still nothing can compare really to 86-88. The golden age of EE really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Filiman wrote: »
    They were the saving grace of the show at that time imo... 96-97 were a low point in the show's history imo; after the highs of 91-94 and future heights of 01.

Still nothing can compare really to 86-88. The golden age of EE really.

Not imo there was lots of stuff about those years I loved Cindys affair was just the highlight.

2003 - 2005 imo was the shows low point just YUCK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God, yes. Sharon's return as the mystery buyer of the Vic was AMAZING. I think that was actually what started me off watching after seeing the trailer for it. I was only 10! Epic storyline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharongate is my fav storyline ever. Just pure perfection and the orignal stax.
    Who shot Phil

Just goes to show how things can go downhill because Phil does nothing but piss me off these days

Cindy and David affair
    Cindy leaving for France with out Lucy and then Ian stealing the kids back.
    Carol, Bianca and Dan, just amazing
    Kat and Zoe reveal
    Mo's domestic violence and the hands of Trevor. So well done
    Peggy finding out about Pat's affair with Frank and telling the pub
    Sharon making her comeback into the vic behind Peggy :D

I did have Tiff's and Steve Owens deaths but just edited them out because there not favorite moments as they are deaths, but are stand out moments. so could be included
    Forum Member
    Not imo there was lots of stuff about those years I loved Cindys affair was just the highlight.

2003 - 2005 imo was the shows low point just YUCK

Mmmmm... but there were a lot of gems admist the crap; especially all the great stuff with the show's best family, the Watts! ;)

I just didn't like 60% of the characters from 95/96-98; the show felt a little stale, like it was resting on its laurels and and getting lazy. It also had the show's first jump the sensational shark moment when Cindy hired a hitman!!! That began the ott sensationalised unrealistic storylines that have dogged EE. Then there were repetitive characters like Bianca, Ricky, Terry; the endless cycle between Grant and Tiffany; the ridiculous storyline where he slept with her mum, doing effectively to her what Sharon did to him! That was the first time where I thought: I don't know if I want to watch this anymore it is just so insulting to viewers intelligence.

There were of course good things about it.... no period is ever truly 100% crap (except 2006). But it is sandwiched between two highpoints of the show so it looks worse in comparison I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it isn't exactly a 'moment', but I really liked the Little Mo/Trevor abuse storyline. :) The climax was brilliant too. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmmm... but there were a lot of gems admist the crap; especially all the great stuff with the show's best family, the Watts! ;)

Shannis imo was an overrated useless pairing and I dont believe for a second Dennis would have went for Sharon I just dont. There was zero chemistry there just an all round awkard mess.

Dirty Dens return was a joke, Vickys return again was a joke as was the actresses sorry excuse for an American accent lol

Top all this with Kat and Alfie and Zoe ewwwwwwww no no no

Only half decent character from that era was Chrissie and I quite liked Kim Medcalf's Sam but that was it.

Oh and Grants 2005 return was pathetic with a capital P.
    Forum Member
    Shannis imo was an overrated useless pairing and I dont believe for a second Dennis would have went for Sharon I just dont. There was zero chemistry there just an all round awkard mess.

Dirty Dens return was a joke, Vickys return again was a joke as was the actresses sorry excuse for an American accent lol

Top all this with Kat and Alfie and Zoe ewwwwwwww no no no

Only half decent character from that era was Chrissie and I quite liked Kim Medcalf's Sam but that was it.

Oh and Grants 2005 return was pathetic with a capital P.

Oh come on.... you may have not liked the pairing, but there was heaps of chemistry between Dean and harman. In fact, one of Dean's greatest strengths is that she seems to connect and generate chemistry with all the main men she has been paired with.

I agree that Shannis became very repetitive, but no more so than Grant and Tiff, or Stax (which was far worse in terms of repetition). And I think the storyline made sense for Sharon's character.... the only problem was that she became too dependent on Dennis and Den. But I think they made a great couple!!!

Den's initial return was fine, it was what happened after that ruined it.

And I actually liked Grant's 05 return; it was his 06 one that was dire. And I LOVED Peggy's 05 return - her interactions with Pat, Sharon, and Chrissie were great.

There was a lot of really good stuff in these years, but in truth that was down to a small group of characters and one or two writers; especially Sarah Phelps, one of EE best writers, who wrote during this period. Thankfully, she wrote mainly for the Wattts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on.... you may have not liked the pairing, but there was heaps of chemistry between Dean and harman. .

If there was I never saw it I just cringed at any of their love scenes as she looked old enough to be his mother most of the time.
    Forum Member
    If there was I never saw it I just cringed at any of their love scenes as she looked old enough to be his mother most of the time.

IIRC he was 32 and she was 38 at the time!!!!

Well, I think you are being a little disingenous. I am not the biggest fan of Grant and Tiff, for instance; she is no Sharon and just could never compete; and I often found their scenes tiresome - especially after they got married when things became repeititive. But I am not going to deny that they had chemistry.
  • demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shannis
    Little Mo & Trevor domestic abuse
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member

But among my most favourites:

Sharon's return as the mystery Vic owner in 01 - such a spectacular, campy, climax to the ep, Sharon appearing behind the bar. One of the best moments ever, one of the best ep endings and climaxes and without doubt the show's best ever return.

I loved this because I genuinely wasn;t expecting it. Can't remember if it was because spoilers were more sparce then or I just didn't seek them out. But it was a genuine jaw drop moment for me.

And like you say, incredibly camp, which is what soap is all about.

'Bet you thought you'd never see me again!' Brilliant!!
    Forum Member
    I loved this because I genuinely wasn;t expecting it. Can't remember if it was because spoilers were more sparce then or I just didn't seek them out. But it was a genuine jaw drop moment for me.

And like you say, incredibly camp, which is what soap is all about.

'Bet you thought you'd never see me again!' Brilliant!!

Agree entirely. I was surprised as well.... after the ep ended I was so giddy with excitement I remember being a little embarassed that I was getting so excitted about a TV show - even EE. But I just loved it. Spectacular.
  • RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member
    Kat & Zoe reveal.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also liked Sharon's return....Peggy's face was a classic!

''Hello Peggy...I bet you'd never thought you'd see me again'' *smirk*.

DOOF DOOF.
  • BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Stacey leaving
    -Pat and Franks wedding
    -Pat and Peggy's 'You b*tch, you cow!' moments
  • _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    (of the shows history).

You can have two if you wish :p Mine would be The Stax reveal in 2007 and Tiffany's death in 1998...so sad and poignant..the show really did move on after her character left..new era and all that.

Yours?

Great choice, Tiffany was my favourite female EE character ever! :D
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Tiffany going SPLAT!

I loved her at the time, have seen those episodes since and I wondered why, she was a whiny annoyance.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peggy's exit, I loved the music and direction of her final scene.

Janine laying down flowers for Danielle. She was genuinely upset. Well, until she made all this pointless by teaming up with Archie.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think one of my favourites has to be the Den murder. They hyped it up for weeks, and unlike most big moments, it really delivered.

Plus, I totally didn't see the Zoe/Chrissie double bluff coming. It totally changed the way the whole storyline shaped out, and I loved how so many characters got involved over the course of the year without it ever feeling like overkill.