Are Harry Styles and Nick Grimshaw dating?

spanglystevespanglysteve Posts: 1,463
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just read this article on DM and the way it's written and its choice of words such as "closet" (when meaning wardrobe, Brits would never say closet in this context) makes it seem like the writer wants you to reach the conclusion that the two are dating without explicitly saying so?

I always assumed styles to be super straight, but then again a strong friendship between an 18 year old and an30 year old seems unlikely.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2221938/Nick-Grimshaw-wears-jumper-One-Direction-pal-Harry-Styles-insists-just-coincidence.html

Comments

• dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    IMO they totally are but it's just IMO. Neither will admit it though sadly in 2012 it's still bad for your career to come out.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I can see it being true, but I can also see it being 1) trolling on the part of the Mail or 2) trolling on the part of Grimshaw and Styles to imply they're together when they're not.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am undecided! Surely if it was true management would be keeping their relationship at arms length and we wouldn't get a sniff of the two of them together.Nick is out of the closet which is fine as a radio one DJ but to have a teen heart throb in a boyband gay would sadly (in this day and age) still be a big no no! They have also joked about together on air alluding to being boy friends. Me thinks they are winding us up :D

Plus there was the Caroline Flack saga and the married DJ saga so he can't be fully gay but bi.
  • Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    I can see it being true, but I can also see it being 1) trolling on the part of the Mail or 2) trolling on the part of Grimshaw and Styles to imply they're together when they're not.

Same. I love the idea of the Mail branching out in its trolling.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Tulip19 wrote: »

:D:D the Mail are like professional trolls, for a good old gossip and laugh their website is by far the best. Blows the Sun right out of the water. My fave article on mail online is still the one about Tom Cruise mincing around London, genius article from start to finish:D
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulip19 wrote: »

It depends who's writing because the Mail will then run (alongside) a Harry Styles womaniser story, though perhaps by different authors. The Mail have changed their stories on the two though, edited them after release.

I agree with dee, whatever is going on, it's fairly unlikely in our "enlightened" society they'll be coming out joyously if they are together. I suspect more that a huge inning would be in order for someone in a boyband!

Then again, they may just be friends, who knows. People can form friendships from across all spectrums. I think they're kinda nice together though. If they are/were.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if they're a couple, but i think Harry is definately gay
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if they're a couple, but i think Harry is definately gay

Maybe we should ask Caroline Flack and the married DJ whose husband is whinging at every opportunity :rolleyes:
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right so someone wears the same jumper and jacket as someone they know , items that are sold in their thousands in a high street store and that is enough evidence to insinuate soemthing is going on.

Well like that we must all be at it with each other , I assume the only way to stop such speculation is for each shop to only ever sell one of each item.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this has been a known for a while, however Grimmy seems to be clinging onto anything that's deemed 'cool' so we'll see...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's infinitely more believable than the Harry the womaniser schtick.

And as for the DJ bloke, he really does have the perfect face for radio - grim by name grim by nature.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Maybe we should ask Caroline Flack and the married DJ whose husband is whinging at every opportunity :rolleyes:

He could be bisexual.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Grimshaw seems like a bit of a knob. I can't be doing with those too cool for school types and he's one of them. Why does he feel the need to parade about with his uber trendy celeb "mates"? Does he not have any real friends?

The "friendship" with Harry is really strange. I'm not saying it's not possible to be besties with someone twelve years your junior, but teenage boys are on a totally different level of maturity than someone of 30.
  • mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been reading rumours about this for months. Back when he was dating Caroline Flack, she was rumoured to be the coverup for their secret relationship. Since the rumours have been so persistant over time, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were true.

If if is true, then the relationship seems to have been a fairly durable one.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick Grimshaw seems like a bit of a knob. I can't be doing with those too cool for school types and he's one of them. Why does he feel the need to parade about with his uber trendy celeb "mates"? Does he not have any real friends?

The "friendship" with Harry is really strange. I'm not saying it's not possible to be besties with someone twelve years your junior, but teenage boys are on a totally different level of maturity than someone of 30.

One of my closest friends is twelve years younger than me, so it does happen.:)

Not sure what to make of those two...but that article is pretty pathetic.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They make a nice couple. The age difference isn't that much. It's not enough to get you airtime on Jeremy Kyle :)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are NOT dating at all because if they were Simon Cowell with his pal Max Clifford would be making sure that there were zero stories like this in the press. Cowell is the master of cover up and this is far too in your face. So its not happening despite what people would like to think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are NOT dating at all because if they were Simon Cowell with his pal Max Clifford would be making sure that there were zero stories like this in the press. Cowell is the master of cover up and this is far too in your face. So its not happening despite what people would like to think.

I am 99% with you :D The other 1% well just in case I am wrong :D
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    One of my closest friends is twelve years younger than me, so it does happen.:)

Not sure what to make of those two...but that article is pretty pathetic.

I agree, but in my experience most 18 year old boys are still very immature. I can't imagine them having much in common with someone more than about two years older than them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member

I would be inclined to agree with you on this. I think Nick Grimshaw has realised that he's not as "cool" as he's tries to make people beleive and copies Harry Styles to cover his fraud.
  • hello_mumhello_mum Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Jaymes wrote: »
    I would be inclined to agree with you on this. I think Nick Grimshaw has realised that he's not as "cool" as he's tries to make people beleive and copies Harry Styles to cover his fraud.

Believes his own hype, maybe? It's 'cool' to employ gay people in top media positions these days, so has his talent got him on Radio 1 or has his sexuality got him there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hello_mum wrote: »
    Believes his own hype, maybe? It's 'cool' to employ gay people in top media positions these days, so has his talent got him on Radio 1 or has his sexuality got him there?

He's only declared his sexuality after he got the breakfast show so no. I like his laid back presenting style. I am not sure it is right for breakfast though He needs other people to bounce off with a zoo format. He can be very funny , used to listen to his night shows and he is a real fan of music unlike some other DJ's

He's also had famous friends from way back so gather he must be a nice bloke as they have all stuck by him
  • hello_mumhello_mum Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    He's only declared his sexuality after he got the breakfast show so no. I like his laid back presenting style. I am not sure it is right for breakfast though He needs other people to bounce off with a zoo format. He can be very funny , used to listen to his night shows and he is a real fan of music unlike some other DJ's

He's also had famous friends from way back so gather he must be a nice bloke as they have all stuck by him

To the public, I'm sure Radio 1 producers and his PR/agent knew.

It's not what you know, but who you know in this business. So many with talent think they'll be noticed, no you won't.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read this article on DM and the way it's written and its choice of words such as "closet" (when meaning wardrobe, Brits would never say closet in this context) makes it seem like the writer wants you to reach the conclusion that the two are dating without explicitly saying so?

I always assumed styles to be super straight, but then again a strong friendship between an 18 year old and an30 year old seems unlikely.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2221938/Nick-Grimshaw-wears-jumper-One-Direction-pal-Harry-Styles-insists-just-coincidence.html

Yeah, the jumpers do like identical. Dark spots in the same places on the two images of the jumper. I've looked very closely at both images and can't see any difference between the two jumper images. But, we do have the amazing image altering photoshop. The information from the left image could have been fed into the right image. I dunno.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    a member of a boyband gay

No way!

tell me it isnt so!

I mean the next thing youll be telling me Rock hudson was gay