Options

Did I hear Helren right

Comments

• Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I applaud Danielle for taking her on. Helen is an utter disgrace.
  • Options
    Bagshot85Bagshot85 Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    sheff71 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Helen be equally as offensive to a muslim lass on BB, and see how much abuse she would get... but obviously such abuse of Christianity is ok? hmm...

Probably wouldn't have been shown, and we would have been in the dark.

Why are all these ppl crawling out of the woodwork, and keep bringing muslims/Islam into it?
    She made a VERY offensive comment against Jesus, WHO HAPPENS TO BE A PROPHET OF ISLAM!!
    So her comment was very offensive to both Christians and Muslims.
  • Options
    Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You did hear her right. Unfortunately, I suspect Big Brother didn't, as she should have been given a stern warning.
  • Options
    Incognito777Incognito777 Posts: 2,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they mentioned it BOTS yet?
  • Options
    rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She said numerous derogatory things about God on the live show but only shown the one comment tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    Bagshot85 wrote: »
    Probably wouldn't have been shown, and we would have been in the dark.

Why are all these ppl crawling out of the woodwork, and keep bringing muslims/Islam into it?
    She made a VERY offensive comment against Jesus, WHO HAPPENS TO BE A PROPHET OF ISLAM!!
    So her comment was very offensive to both Christians and Muslims.

so agree with this!

isn't it offensive to jews too? all abrahamic faiths have faith in him either as a prophet or a god.
  • Options
    MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Helen said that about another religion she would be thrown and and be under police protection I think.

She never mentioned a specific religion. Her comment about Jesus could & will offend many different religions that involve Jesus in their beliefs... including the one your talking about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowers786 wrote: »
    so agree with this!

isn't it offensive to jews too? all abrahamic faiths have faith in him either as a prophet or a god.

Jews don't believe in Jesus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jews don't believe in Jesus.

Yes they do. They just don't believe he was the son of god or a prophet.

They simply reject him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moboloco wrote: »
    She never mentioned a specific religion. Her comment about Jesus could & will offend many different religions that involve Jesus... including the one your talking about.

She told a Christian Girl to stop sh*gging Jesus. Does it need to be any clearer?
  • Options
    FoxyRoxiFoxyRoxi Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You did hear her right. Unfortunately, I suspect Big Brother didn't, as she should have been given a stern warning.

You can bet your bottom dollar that further down the line BB have got one of those fantastic, never happened before, rock the house etc, twists to do with the pass to the final. I bet they are fuming at how Helen is behaving, because if they are forced to evict her if she says anything worse, it will ruin their plans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they do. They just don't believe he was the son of god or a prophet.

So they believe he was no one.... So why would they be offended. that's my point.
  • Options
    Kayleigh_ArrowsKayleigh_Arrows Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I must have missed the comment. Helen had probably started to infuriate me, and when this happens, which is often, I blank her out. I'm not a fan of Danielle either, but she was the lesser evil in that argument in my opinion, and I'm annoyed at BBOTS for their editing of the whole thing in Helen's favour! I've disliked her since the vile comment her and Tamara made towards Jale being a slug.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She told a Christian Girl to stop sh*gging Jesus. Does it need to be any clearer?

I just see it as her using the name of Jesus to ridicule her, If she used another prophet or messenger of gods name that is also associated with multiple religions it would be no different.
    Muslims see Christians as "People of the Book" so insulting a Christian by using Jesus is also insulting their beliefs in many cases.

No one religion has a monopoly on Jesus.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    I hope she gets 2 red cards that was shocking I hope something is done about it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just see it as her using the name of Jesus to ridicule her, If she used another prophet or messenger of gods name that is also associated with multiple religions it would be no different.
    Muslims see Christians as "People of the Book" so insulting a Christian by using Jesus is also insulting their beliefs in many cases.

No one religion has a monopoly on Jesus.

Dude....Helen was ridiculing Danielle for being a Christian. Its as simple as that in my eyes.
    Jesus is the most important person in Christianity.
    I agree Muslims will find it a distasteful comment.
    But you know it would be a whole different story if Danielle was Muslim and the comment was about Mohammed.
    Keep it real.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dude....Helen was ridiculing Danielle for being a Christian. Its as simple as that in my eyes.
    But you know it would be a whole different story if Danielle was Muslim and the comment was about Mohammed.
    Keep it real.

I hand on heart don't believe it would have been shown.

Pretty much like the p*ki comments Jack Tweed, Danielle and JO would make.
  • Options
    omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abs2512 wrote: »
    Did she actually say something very inappropriate about Jesus

Who him :confused:

A fictional character? Would I be as upset, as some claim, if she had said the same about Harry Potter?

I think my response would be the same - Meh!
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I generally don't care and don't have time for religion of any kind but I totally respect that other people do. I don't ridicule them for believing in something that I don't.

What Helen said was totally distasteful and really showed that Danielle was right in saying she had no class. Completely stupid thing to say and I would be extremely surprised if she didn't get a warning for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We judge them as Housemates.

If Danielle made insulting homophobic comments in the house. I would expect her to get a warning. Just like if someone made a sexist or a racist comment.
    If someone made jokes about Islam they would get warned about Islamaphobia.

But when its an insult to Christianity....its just a bit of a giggle...is that how it works?

We just ask for consistency, everyone is fair game or no one. Im happy either way. But no special rules.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Winston's strip in the diary room was more disgusting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep it real.

If she said the same thing to a Muslim would it have been because she was a Muslim?

A Muslim would be equally offended if either Jesus(Isa) or Muhammad's name was used. Don't forget in Islam all prophets are equal.

I just think it was a nasty comment that idiots sometimes use when they are trying to hurt anybody of faith. She could of even said it to a Jew & they would be equally offended.

I prefer to see such comments as a slur against people of faith regardless of which religion they belong to. I think if more people felt this way we would have a greater tolerance towards one another,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We judge them as Housemates.

If Danielle made insulting homophobic comments in the house. I would expect her to get a warning. Just like if someone made a sexist or a racist comment.
    If someone made jokes about Islam they would get warned about Islamaphobia.

But when its an insult to Christianity....its just a bit of a giggle...is that how it works?

We just ask for consistency, everyone is fair game or no one. Im happy either way. But no special rules.

Yes, but that comment has caused quite a stir out here. In the house they/BB probably couldn't give a hoot.
    Remember the Conor comments? Did BB care? Nope.
    The whole Jade/Shilpa thing? Nope.
    I could go on....
  • Options
    StandByMe89StandByMe89 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIGM0MMA wrote: »
    I think if Helen had insulted another religions god her feet wouldn't touch the ground on the way out.

Not sure why this is seemingly acceptable for one but not another.
    True.
    She should have been pulled up for this comment & the threat of violence. Others would've been. I think she's going to lose her ticket to the final.
  • Options
    Mani_BhangraMani_Bhangra Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a Sikh, if someone disrespects my religion, I would not be happy, sorry, she needs to be punished for that comment, it was bang out of order, Channel 5 needs to do something about this.