Options

Eastenders Episode Thread: Alfie takes action/bye bye Bianca 8pm

Comments

• Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Great close to a pretty great week, the show's picking up just at the right time. I understand why people think Bianca's exit should have been the last scene but it doesn't really make much difference in terms of enjoying the episode, which is the main thing right? (I'm not going to get into the Julia's theme stuff, I'm sick of explaining it's original use.)

I like Bianca, but there really wasn't much left to do with the character, it was great ti see some maturity when it comes to the kids though, first with Whitney and then Liam. Understanding what's best for them, not just her.

Great trailer for the fire, we'll probably get a similar one next week with Sharon's (and maybe Linda's) bits of "Everybody Hurts" and scenes of the wedding.
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only one I am sad to see go is Tiffany

I will miss Tiffany but if Maisie was staying then she wouldn't be seen that much in two years time or a year's time because she will be in Year 10 next year in September and in Year 11 in two years so she will need to concentrate on her GCSEs maybe when Maisie is 16 and has left School maybe she will return as Tiffany in September 2017 or September 2018 who knows.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Sharon/Phil/Shirley - I can't tell who is playing who anymore?

Shirley downing that Scotch - love it!

Why didn't Marcus tell Phil that Sharon called off the plan? He told him she hated him but she told Marcus last week she loved him?

Bianca has left the square!

GO NANCY!
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Sharon/Phil/Shirley - I can't tell who is playing who anymore?

Shirley downing that Scotch - love it!

Why didn't Marcus tell Phil that Sharon called off the plan? He told him she hated him but she told Marcus last week she loved him?

Bianca has left the square!

GO NANCY!

Marcus hates Phil just as much as Phil hates him, and I doubt he's thrilled with Sharon at the moment either, he just wants to twist the knife in not help either of them.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Bianca and Dan affair reveal episode 1999
    Really good episode.

Loved the Nancy/Dean scenes ....I'd love to know what's going on in his head.

I even liked Phil/Shirley and of course Phil/Marcus. 'She hates you'....that's him told. :D She'll never be Mrs Mitchell.:confused: Loved Shirley downing the Whiskey.:p

First time I remember a character taking all their belongings with them when they leave :o Not a bad exit, I'm glad they didn't drag it out.

Alfie....I don't know what to say about this s/l. It just seems plain daft.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decent episode. As much as I dislike Bianca, I am kind of glad she got a happy ending for once. I was rooting for a surprise Ricky return though :D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Bianca and Dan affair reveal episode 1999
    Aleks was right tonight but I did feel sorry for Alfie. Shane was brilliant in that scene tonight. He acts drama really well :)

Loved Phil and Marcus scene. I wonder if Phil done something to him?

I wonder if Phil will go with his plan or will he forgive Sharon once he finds out she knows he was behind The Albert Attack?

Well said Nancy. Dean with the 'O' is annoying and Matt simply can't act (He is sexy though)

Goodbye Bianca,Terry,Morgan,Tiff you will be missed :cry:
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bianca and her brood have gone *celebrate good times* :D It's a shame Liam stayed, I guess he is going to help Cindy bring her baby.

Alfie and his money woes, is he the new Bianca.. anyway I don't feel sorry for him.
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Bianca and her brood have gone *celebrate good times* :D It's a shame Liam stayed, I guess he is going to help Cindy bring her baby.

Alfie and his money woes, is he the new Bianca.. anyway I don't feel sorry for him.

Why do you dislike Bianca so much? She is a legacy character. Its good Liam stayed he is a Butcher and is the only link to Pat and Frank on the Square. Has Patsy ever impressed you in a episode? You haven't voted on the poll.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Whitney and Tony reveal episode 2008
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Is she leaving for good?
    Yes it is permanent until she returns again.
    Nath94 wrote: »
    Why is Donna still in eastenders?
    She works on the market
    lola_skye wrote: »
    I hope king Phlith and Marcus kiss and make up. I miss Marcus
    It was all done off screen.
    I hate Alfie, always ignoring the rules and acting the victim.
    Well said.
    Tanequil wrote: »
    I'm doing what I can except looking for a job outside the square.
    Snigger
    So what will be Alfie's next job.

My guess is taxi driver my other choice would be male prostitute.
    I was hoping for mail bag sower.
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Rosie has a good voice.
    Never the less she is sacked.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Billie's death episode October 2010
    I loved all the ep tonight, I will miss Bi and Terry and especially his friendship with Alfie!

And yes, Alfie has been a liar and a cheat and Aleks would know since he's got plenty of skeletons in his closet, (I just can't wait to find out exactly what his secret is)pot, kettle, black eh Aleks?

Anyway, I thought Alfie was going to cry and i'm glad he didn't because I would have too and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

Shane played a blinder tonight and will continue to next week!
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Bianca got her happy ending (for now) but I won't really miss her, in fact I wish she'd taken the Slaters with her. Kat and Alfie are just irredeemable characters now and Stacey's return has completely fallen flat. The Carters are the best part of the show now, and even the Mitchells are on the up.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it won't be Mick that deals with Dean when they find out he rapes Linda.
    I'd love Nancy to smash his head in like she said she would. ;-)
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved all the ep tonight, I will miss Bi and Terry and especially his friendship with Alfie!

And yes, Alfie has been a liar and a cheat and Aleks would know since he's got plenty of skeletons in his closet, (I just can't wait to find out exactly what his secret is)pot, kettle, black eh Aleks?

Anyway, I thought Alfie was going to cry and i'm glad he didn't because I would have too and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

Shane played a blinder tonight and will continue to next week!

This! That last scene was really difficult to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DelEte init
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam not going anywhere, I doubt the character will last six months before getting axed.

Which you have said for 5 episodes in arrow, win the threads most consistant poster prize.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Billie's death episode October 2010
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Perhaps it won't be Mick that deals with Dean when they find out he rapes Linda.
    I'd love Nancy to smash his head in like she said she would. ;-)

I bet Nancy's got a better punch than Mick anyway and I thought she was going to punch his smug mug last night, she should have done!
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am confused .If Kat is on Maternity benefit why doenst Alfie work the stall and Kat stays at home ? Or am I missing something ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet Nancy's got a better punch than Mick anyway and I thought she was going to punch his smug mug last night, she should have done!

The Walford Female Assertiveness Class should be set up by both Nancy and Ronnie. :D

Nancy can show them how to smash a smug git's face in and Ronnie how to smash a car boot on his head. :D
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    I am confused .If Kat is on Maternity benefit why doenst Alfie work the stall and Kat stays at home ? Or am I missing something ?

Alfie wanted to do that but Aleks wouldn't have it, as he'd previously sacked Alfie from his own pitch. It was Aleks refusing that arrangement that led to Alfie's rant in the middle of the street.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Alfie wanted to do that but Aleks wouldn't have it, as he'd previously sacked Alfie from his own pitch. It was Aleks refusing that arrangement that led to Alfie's rant in the middle of the street.

Thank you .I missed two weeks and am only catching up now .
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decent episode.

I love Nancy.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nancy was fabulous last night, I thought she was going to go for Dean then and there and rearrange his pretty face :cool::D
    duckylucky wrote: »

Aleks has banned Alfie from the stall (or summat) so he can't which is why Kat was working there.

Kudos to Shane Richie. I know Alfie isn't popular on here with some folk but I always think the actor shines in darker storylines like this, it's the cheeky chappie stuff which does my head in at times. So they made it clear last night that it's contents insurance he's hoping to get. Strange that they've kept up paying the insurance (sure one of those letters said it was due to be renewed in January) but not paid their rent!

Shirley swallowing Phil's whisky was :D Who the hell is scamming who in Sharon/Phil/Shirley storyline is starting to bamboozle me now! No doubt there'll be more twists and turns coming up right up to about 5 minutes before they're due to get married.

I know loads is made on here about who gets Julia's theme/duff-duff and I have to say that the way Bianca's final scenes were filmed in the taxi (with her smiling as they drove away) to me it definitely looked as if they were originally going to go with her at least having the duff-duff if not Julia's theme but then changed their minds and went for Alfie instead. Perhaps TPTB really are a bit p!ssed off with her :D Either way, legacy character or not, I doubt I'll miss her too much and my ears will certainly enjoy the peace. I think it's a shame Terry left because I quite liked him, he's just an 'ordinary bloke' and I think soaps need them but at the same time it was nice seeing Bianca get her happy ending - until the next time she rocks up into the square, and I DO think she'll be back eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first cracks in the Carter relationships are beginning to show.

But of all the Carters I wouldn't mind Dean showing me his crack even if he is an arrogant tosser.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I'm really enjoying this Alfie storyline now. I've been very vocal about what a nasty and selfish person he's been since last Autumn but it is all coming together now and i'm going to think it has all been deliberate. We've actually been seeing the man unravel bit by bit, chipping away at what makes Alfie, Alfie (cheeky chappie chancer) until he is so desperate he will resort to anything Richie is much, much better at this serious stuff.

I loved the conversation between Aleks and Alfie. Alfie has totally mishandled Aleks from the start and the constant trying it on, and especially his losing his temper re immigration last week has really come to bit him on the butt. I was cheering alek's on with the comments about his working, paying taxes like 99 per cent of Eastern European immigrants whilst the British do cheat, claiming benefits whilst also working. I suspect a lot of immigrants feel like that about the British. But I did also feel sorry for Alfie. I can see both their points of view, neither is completely in the right or wrong and that is how good drama should be.

Kat is still annoying though - she can't claim benefits illegally because of Aleks. No kat, you shouldn't claim benefits illegally because it is illegal and not the moral thing to do, not because somebody has threatened to report you. But it is also making the point that a lot of people just can't cope financially even if they are working hard - something that people complaining about benefits scroungers often tend to ignore or not believe.

Nancy is a little diamond - I love her relationship with Mick.

Bye, bye Bianca. You were great once but I can't say i'll miss you now. Terry and rosie on the other hand, I will.