Options

Tamera is being told to forget the words

2»

Comments

• Options
    ChickenpluckermChickenpluckerm Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Well I'm well in the conspiracy theory camp. I thought she was miming last week and the words being forgotton was just to throw people off the scent. Now this week it happens again and Sharon says now if you were lip singing there would be something completely different coming out, which just makes me think that's exactly what is happening.
  • Options
    Elle94Elle94 Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    The producers know this is the only way to save her with sympathy votes.

What will be the next fix theory? Fairy dust in the air to make sure we vote for the right person.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I get the impression something is seriously wrong backstage though. A contestant forgetting their lyrics two weeks running is almost unheard of on the show and she seems a confident performer.

dont forget she forgot the words in bootcamp too
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    I'd love this theory to be true, as it's deceptively evil.

But I'd actually forgotten that Tamera also forgot her words during the auditions too.
    I would have thought she'd be better at remembering lyrics by now, or at least have learnt to hide it better.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is even more far fetched than the sabotaged backing track theory. Sheesh!
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they wanted a sympathy vote she could come out on crutches. Forgetting her words just gives the impression she isn't very good.
  • Options
    Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a fan of Tamera but this theory is up there with the the landing on the moon being faked and the Duke of Edinburgh ordering Diana's assassination. Sometimes the people you are rooting for just don't deliver and as frustrating as that is there is no one to blame. As a fan of Tamera's I would have to say that it's probably her week to go based on her performance. She is not popular enough to win the show and judging by previous contestants sometimes winning can be detrimental to a serious career. I think that she has the X-Factor and will go on to be very successful so if she goes I won't be too worried for her.
  • Options
    TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs a date with Chris Brown, he'll sort her out!
  • Options
    David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems only fair to me. Tamera is very attractive and she has fabulous pipes, but she's thicker than a short plank.
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this girl sing for the first time today. I'm shocked that she forgot the words, apparently not for the first time either. How can she possibly be a professional singer and do gigs if she can't perform a whole song? How on earth did she get this far in the competition?
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Facechild wrote: »
    Interesting proposal except for the fact that it isn't working is it? The posts don't seem very sympathetic.

I was dumb-founded when she faltered again tonight. It happened to me ONCE and it never happened again; I made sure I know every song like the back of my hand, inside out and upside down. I like Tamera but they need to look into it.
    And that is what most people would do.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People on another thread have worked out exactly what happened OP.

There is no need for any more guesswork.
  • Options
    Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't feed the T person
  • Options
    Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon Syco made her do it so as to distract attention away from James Arthur and gain him some vicarious sympathy.

I mean which is more likely, that there is a deep, sly underhand masterplan or that a rookie singer cocked it up.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid Tamera's fans are coming up with ever more bizarre theories to explain her mistakes. It's the producers, it's a strategy of whatever.

I was amazed some people thought at arena stage Tamera was the best ever contestant to appear on global XF. All she had done was mess up her room audition by coming in with someone else as a duo that did simply not work. She appeared nervous and not sure of what she wanted to do or who to be. The judges gave her a second chance. She sang for a moment, she seemed ok so she went through.

At arenas she totally ballsed up. Once again she got a rare second chance. Who else got these second chances, not many. Her Whitney impression was ok but she was shrieky, slightly hysterical and had no connection with the lyric. At this point her fans were saying how great she was but I saw a kid a bit out of her depth but with potential having 2 second goes in 2 rounds and did not know why she was singing these songs.

More recently she has twice sailed out of her depth, both times in the great slot of second last. Hannah has had to sing first and second, she gets these much tougher slots. The show us not conspiring against Tamera, she us it's princess and is getting second chances and pimp slots.
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, just like they told Janet Devlin to forget the words, it worked, she won the show!

Oh wait...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Or could it be that she is just not good enough?
    She needs to go, her forgetfulness is beyond a joke now.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL, the delusional have an excuse for everything :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

She isn't being told to forget her words. :rolleyes: Did you not see how distraught she was about messing up her performance?
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't discount the OP's suggestion. I thought forgetting lyrics last week was a set-up so I can't change my tune this week even though I'm surprised they'd do it on purpose two weeks running.
    Only thing I'd add is that it's not just about somehow creating sympathy for Tamera it's also about creating publicity and column inches generally for the show. It's a multi £million enterprise that's integral to ITV's profitability and viability - anyone thinking they'd just let the show drift along as an innocent little talent contest is seriously deluded..... there'll be swathes of "suits" and execs permanently beavering away in the background sweating on the numbers and scrambling around looking for ANYTHING that will pull in viewers and drive up revenue. Don't rule any ploys in or out irrespective of how daft they sound.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    She isn't being told to forget her words. :rolleyes: Did you not see how distraught she was about messing up her performance?

she's just a dam good actress :D
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Kerching