EE - Deano Wicks/Matt Di Angelo - appreciation thread

Comments

• Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. I have to try and find positives - like well, he's actually back after hoping he'd return for 6 years!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Dean needs just a couple more duff duffs to get into the Top 100, but we saw clips of Dean(o) when Linda, Mick and Kevin were talked about.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MelW wrote: »
    I don't know - I don't think he'd say that if he knew he was definitely leaving. I do realise though that he doesn't say he is staying, just that he would like to and there is still a chance that DTC will disagree that he should stay. It would be an interesting (and daring) move to have him stay. However realistic it is that he isn't convicted I think most viewers would want to see him punished in some way so even if he stays on it may well only be for another 6 months/a year until he is punished for his crime in some other way.
    I still wish they hadn't made him a rapist though - I can't say I've enjoyed the storyline much.

If they had done it the right way, it might just have been okay. I was telling a friend of mine about the October 6th episode and when I described the attack I deliberately phrased it as "Linda is shocked when an obsessed/infatuated Dean comes into the kitchen and starts seducing her. She struggles to stay loyal to her husband Mick and Dean loses control of himself and rapes her" mainly because I think that's how it should have been played, with him being more drunk than he was and maybe kissing her on the lips, drunkenly trying to seduce her, professing his love for her and her saying "But I love Mick. I'm married to Mick" - similar to Sean/Tanya though obviously Sean did not rape Tanya and then it cutting away and then him stroking her hair/kissing her on the forehead and saying "Don't worry. I won't tell anyone we slept together/about our one night stand and then continued with the delusional angle and Dean telling Shirley that he kissed her and "one thing led to another" or saying he couldn't remember/Linda didn't mean it if and when Shirley asked if Linda said no and Shirley maybe realising the truth and trying to help Dean - something like that. That would be more complex and interesting. In fact, my friend's response was that Dean was drunk and starved of love though I reminded her that it didn't excuse or justify what he had done.
  • MelWMelW Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Yes I think it should have been a bit more grey, as it is it's totally black and white. I think if she had initially responded but then changed her mind but he couldn't stop it would have been a far more interesting scenario and one that I imagine plays out all the time.

I see that DTC has said that Dean's comeuppance will be surprising and shocking but satisfying. Not sure what that could be if he's not going to prison. It also doesn't fit in with Matt wanting to stay so not sure he'll get his wish. Not sure how anything apart from him going to prison would be satisfying for the viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I think it should have been a bit more grey, as it is it's totally black and white. I think if she had initially responded but then changed her mind but he couldn't stop it would have been a far more interesting scenario and one that I imagine plays out all the time.

I see that DTC has said that Dean's comeuppance will be surprising and shocking but satisfying. Not sure what that could be if he's not going to prison. It also doesn't fit in with Matt wanting to stay so not sure he'll get his wish. Not sure how anything apart from him going to prison would be satisfying for the viewers.

It's being discussed on this thread and an interesting theory has been put forward:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2046358

If Linda manages to make Dean realise that he did rape her and he is made to seek psychiatric help then it leaves the door open for Matt to return and stay after Dean has had treatment.

BIB - I agree.
  • MelWMelW Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Yes I just read that - interesting idea. I think that's the only satisfying ending for me if prison isn't an option. Not sure I trust DTC much though - I wouldn't be surprised if Linda and Stacey gang up on him and kill him or something similar.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I just read that - interesting idea. I think that's the only satisfying ending for me if prison isn't an option. Not sure I trust DTC much though - I wouldn't be surprised if Linda and Stacey gang up on him and kill him or something similar.

I've been thinking for ages the ladies of Walford will gang up on him in some way.

Maybe Matt said he could be staying to keep people off the scent?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm prepared for a shock exit and it's all not true about Matt wanting to stay.

However, if he does stay, the only way I think a satisfying conclusion will be made is if Dean admits it. If prison and him leaving aren't options, this has to happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, so Dean was rightly arrested but clearly he doesn't get charged because he's in Monday's episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's in tomorrow's as well. There's police officers as well so we should see him interviewed.

Someone quite rightly said in Inside Soap that Matt has the most difficult job in soap right now and I very much agree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Dean and Shabnam had a one night stand, Shabnam left to go "travelling" to cover up being pregnant because of her family and religion and then abandoned the baby?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen tonight's episode yet but did Shabnam and Dean meet up after Dean left then? I can't remember when Shabnam left...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I haven't seen tonight's episode yet but did Shabnam and Dean meet up after Dean left then? I can't remember when Shabnam left...

Nor can I but I think the implication is that when both of them left the square they happened to meet one night in a club and had a one night stand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just seen it. Wow!! Matt really impressed me when Dean was shouting his innocence. Did anyone notice the look on his face when he said "I can't go back to prison"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half the threads on the main forum are about Dean!!!

Take that 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Half the threads on the main forum are about Dean!!!

Take that 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

You're right. :)

Hmm - seems ironic that the Dean Appreciation thread is much fuller and more active than the Linda Appreciation Thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're right. :)

Hmm - seems ironic that the Dean Appreciation thread is much fuller and more active than the Linda Appreciation Thread.

Yeh it's weird how it goes. I think it's a testament to the writing how interested people still are in Dean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeh it's weird how it goes. I think it's a testament to the writing how interested people still are in Dean.

Yes. :)

Oh darn I got to wait two whole days to see Dean/Matt again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only 1 day now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dean came across as very emotional and upset today. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dean came across as very emotional and upset today. :(

Yeh, he really doesn't know what he's done, does he?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeh, he really doesn't know what he's done, does he?!

No. He doesn't. He thinks he's innocent hence what he said about Shirley did something wrong so she ran away but since he hasn't why should he run away?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. He doesn't. He thinks he's innocent hence what he said about Shirley did something wrong so she ran away but since he hasn't why should he run away?

Exactly - as Shirley said, only guilty people run. As Dean believes that he hasn't done anything wrong, he's stayed.

I think Shirley now thinks that he's guilty. It's such an interesting storyline from Dean's point of view - I think Thursday's episode is going to be good. It's intriguing as to why the writers have written Dean into not thinking that he's guilty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly - as Shirley said, only guilty people run. As Dean believes that he hasn't done anything wrong, he's stayed.

I think Shirley now thinks that he's guilty. It's such an interesting storyline from Dean's point of view - I think Thursday's episode is going to be good. It's intriguing as to why the writers have written Dean into not thinking that he's guilty.

I agree.

By the way did you notice that Tina said "I hate what Dean did" rather than "I hate Dean"? Interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

By the way did you notice that Tina said "I hate what Dean did" rather than "I hate Dean"? Interesting.

Yeh that is interesting...