• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hetti/Lucy is my fave soap babe and looks perfectly fine to me :D
    her legs are a delight !! hehe
  • HellinglyHellingly Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    That's not what I meant; that was more to do with her accent. Being born in Sussex, she'd have an English accent.

(I'm partly of Welsh descent :cool:)

I think she was born in Wales. She lives in Sussex now, I've seen her in Eastbourne town centre before.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think she seems thinner because she is pretty tall, she seems taller than Ian now. I am guessing she must be about 5ft 10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Alot of people find it very hard to be the 'right' weight. I'm one of those people and its frustrating as i'd love to be a bit more curvy and have a bit of a bum! Im not having a go at the OP but i had lots of people say im so skinny, and find it quite offensive really. Espcially when these people arent close to me. I wouldnt dream of going up to someone and saying 'you're really skinny'.
  • revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alot of people find it very hard to be the 'right' weight. I'm one of those people and its frustrating as i'd love to be a bit more curvy and have a bit of a bum! Im not having a go at the OP but i had lots of people say im so skinny, and find it quite offensive really. Espcially when these people arent close to me. I wouldnt dream of going up to someone and saying 'you're really skinny'.

Exactly. You'd never say to someone you don't know that well 'Oh you're so fat' so why do people think it's ok to say 'oh you're so skinny.'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thoughtless comments like that killed Karen Carpenter.
    Its comments like that, which don't help millions of girls out there who have body issues, does it matter that melissa suffield may have put on some weight? No... as long as she is healthy and can act...

Im probably going to get jumped on here but I think there are just as many people in the world who call someone who's clearly overweight 'curvy' or 'beautiful', which is no better and does the persons concerned no good at either.

I know what you mean, the old Lucy actress and the Abi actress probably are naturally a little bigger then girls their age and new Lucy is probably a bit slimmer then most her age but it doesn't matter at all. None of them are 'fat' by any means.
  • fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's just grown a bit.

My mum was saying this the other day, she also thinks the dude who plays Jay is way too thin as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rocket562 wrote: »
    Im probably going to get jumped on here but I think there are just as many people in the world who call someone who's clearly overweight 'curvy' or 'beautiful', which is no better and does the persons concerned no good at either.

Not going to jump on you, but perhaps those people really do mean it; those comments also make the person concerned feel okay about who they are rather than self-conscious about how they look.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not going to jump on you, but perhaps those people really do mean it; those comments also make the person concerned feel okay about who they are rather than self-conscious about how they look.

True, but do they not also need some encouragement to lose weight? if people keep saying there's nothing wrong with them they will likely continue to be an unhealthy weight. I think one of the reasons why there's so many obese people nowadays is because there's no real stigma attached to being obese.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Hetti gorgeous and really fit, but I do think she is a bit to skinny, the same with Steven who plays Michael.
  • fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Hetti gorgeous and really fit, but I do think she is a bit to skinny, the same with Steven who plays Michael.

And Jamie Borthwick (Jay) IMO
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rocket562 wrote: »
    True, but do they not also need some encouragement to lose weight? if people keep saying there's nothing wrong with them they will likely continue to be an unhealthy weight. I think one of the reasons why there's so many obese people nowadays is because there's no real stigma attached to being obese.

I'm not going to jump you.
    I can kind of see where your coming from. I am however going to play devils advocate here.. When I came home for summer after 1st year at uni (I was around a size 16) my dad took one look at me and just came out with 'you really need to loose weight, your getting quite fat..'
    However, even though I lost weight I was still convinced that I was fat.(before i had quite a positive body image i think.. i was no stick insect but at the same time i knew i was healthy.) However I became obsessed with calorie counting and everything to do with it, and what with media presenting images of size 0 Hollywood stick insects it didn't really help matters. Fast forward I was becoming obsessive at the gym, desperate to loose those 'extra pounds' (around about now I was probs a size 12) and I got an injury. The doctor prescribed me medication that made me seriously ill. It was discovered I had crohns disease (not a disease to be laughed at). I couldn't eat, my weight dropped off, I went from a healthy size 12, to a gaunt, anemic size 8 in about 2 months. I would give anything to be healthy again. Able to eat. and my only worry was whether i would end up fat.
    So you see, for me, it went badly wrong...
    Sorry for this being on pd, just wanted to say...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can kind of see where your coming from. I am however going to play devils advocate here.. When I came home for summer after 1st year at uni (I was around a size 16) my dad took one look at me and just came out with 'you really need to loose weight, your getting quite fat..'
    However, even though I lost weight I was still convinced that I was fat.(before i had quite a positive body image i think.. i was no stick insect but at the same time i knew i was healthy.) However I became obsessed with calorie counting and everything to do with it, and what with media presenting images of size 0 Hollywood stick insects it didn't really help matters. Fast forward I was becoming obsessive at the gym, desperate to loose those 'extra pounds' (around about now I was probs a size 12) and I got an injury. The doctor prescribed me medication that made me seriously ill. It was discovered I had crohns disease (not a disease to be laughed at). I couldn't eat, my weight dropped off, I went from a healthy size 12, to a gaunt, anemic size 8 in about 2 months. I would give anything to be healthy again. Able to eat. and my only worry was whether i would end up fat.

Sorry to hear that chocolatecake :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that chocolatecake :(

Thanks though no need to be. (unless you gave it to me lol:eek:) Thankfully I seem to be slowly getting back to normal but it's been a sh!tty 2 years lol..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks though no need to be. (unless you gave it to me lol:eek:) Thankfully I seem to be slowly getting back to normal but it's been a sh!tty 2 years lol..

Well, I'm glad you're recovering and I'm sure you'll be okay :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm glad you're recovering and I'm sure you'll be okay :)

Aw thanks. Me too hopefully... *fingers crossed*.. Hoping to be well enough to do my MA in september.. :eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw thanks. Me too hopefully... *fingers crossed*.. Hoping to be well enough to do my MA in september.. :eek::eek:

I'm sure you will be. Good luck :cool:
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    She suits looking thin but she should put some weight on I think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope everything goes well for you too, chocolatecake:)
  • MontyDMontyD Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    unlike melissa suffield who by the time she left EE most certainly did NOT look thin

What a stupid comment, are you the olympic offical who called Jessica Ennis fat?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a little bit fed up with people thinking they have the right to comment on another person.

Fat, thin, black, white, asian, gay, straight, bisexual, short, tall etc....

Until THAT person expresses a concern about THEMSELVES... leave them be!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing faux about my concern; she's a teenage girl who appears to have lost a lot of weight and I'm the mother of a teenage girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When I came back from my first term at Uni - years ago - my mother said that I'd put on so much weight that she was embarrassed to be seen with me. I was about 10 stone and 5'5. :eek:

I hope you feel better soon. Xxxx
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing faux about my concern; she's a teenage girl who appears to have lost a lot of weight and I'm the mother of a teenage girl.

Seemed like you were going for the 'my daughter is better than her' angle to me, in an almost passive agressive way. Like people have said, you don't know her or anything, so there's no need to be concerned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    Seemed like you were going for the 'my daughter is better than her' angle to me, in an almost passive agressive way. Like people have said, you don't know her or anything, so there's no need to be concerned.

WTF? Where did you come up with that?? Where the heck did I imply that? :confused:

My dd is five years younger than Hetti but because she's a ballet student I keep half an eye to make sure she's eating enough. If her arms and legs became as thin as Hetti's in the course of a few months, I would worry.

I certainly wasn't comparing my dd with Hetti, and there is no passive aggression behind my concern. I really don't know where you picked that up from.