Is Rooney a **** ?

124»

Comments

• Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is pointless comparing his wage packet to those of doctors and firemen. Our taxes are not going towards his wages. Football falls under the entertainment category and is the most popular sport in the world and generates loads of money due to advertisements, sponsors etc etc. His wage is what his market says he is worth. I don't see why people get so vexed about footballer wages.

And no amateurs are not better than Wayne and co. not even close that is why they are at the level they are, and why Wayne and his peers are where they are. I've never seen a amateur do what Pele, Messi, etc does with a ball. Wayne is extremely talented.. it is also not his fault that there are cutbacks.

Forget the shit WC campaign.

Furthermore, like all sectors (and countries), Football has always been run by greed and corruption. ALWAYS. Difference is FB get singled out. This country always place too much importance on money, imo and thats the problem. It says it all that wife beating scum like Gazza and Best are held as legends but the second you mention money, you are labeled as a scumbag.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And anyone who defends this scumbag and tries to justify its salary is a poor deluded saddo. Footballer is not what i'd term a profession never mind as a job.

Exactly, there's no way anyone can justify any sportsperson getting that kind of money. Its an insult.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he needs the money in case something happensbetween him and Colleen at some stage in the marriage ;)
  • Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Front page today in the Mirror of him and Coleen livin' it large in Dubai.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/10/25/roolaxed-115875-22656803/

I bet when he gets back to Man U, there'll be some taunts from the crowd to face up to. Vile little man, and she's a stupid woman for sticking with him. Mind you, without him she'd be nothing, only a divorceé with pots of cash.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never mind, she can console herself with another shopping spree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vile couple.

If he hadn't had a lucky break becoming a footballer, he would have been ripping off the public with dodgy driveway tarmaccing, tree-lopping and roof-tiling jobs.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Front page today in the Mirror of him and Coleen livin' it large in Dubai.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/10/25/roolaxed-115875-22656803/

I bet when he gets back to Man U, there'll be some taunts from the crowd to face up to. Vile little man, and she's a stupid woman for sticking with him. Mind you, without him she'd be nothing, only a divorceé with pots of cash.

Hmm, looks like the weight of the world is on their shoulders.

What a wrench it must have been for him, holding out for more cash and going against the club he 'loves'.

Of course, anything less than £200k a week would have been a blind insult!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    What a wrench it must have been for him, holding out for more cash and going against the club he 'loves'.

Of course, anything less than £200k a week would have been a blind insult!!

Tommy Docherty did less than Rooney back in the day, and still got the push from Man U.

Once a bottle wallops him on the head thrown from some nutter in the crowd, he'll be looking to leave.
  • gorsewaygirlgorsewaygirl Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Rooney and his wife are just two of the people that I would put on my fantasy cruise ship for a trip to the Bermuda triangle never to be seen - or heard from - ever again :)
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as not a single penny of mine goes towards his wages, he can do what the heck he likes. And good luck to him too.
  • Loop o' SoupLoop o' Soup Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Novaman wrote: »
    Vile couple.

If he hadn't had a lucky break becoming a footballer, he would have been ripping off the public with dodgy driveway tarmaccing, tree-lopping and roof-tiling jobs.

**** are never too far away as far as money is concerned
    , he and her are both of the same ilk,greedy **** out for what they can get.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trec123 wrote: »
    Seems to me his agent was advising him to hold out for more money and Fergie made sure the media knew it.
    I'm sure Man U fans will be glad he's staying, but surely none of them buy the line that he wanted reassurances about United's "ambition" - he was just holding the club to ransom, imo.
    He doesnt give a toss about Manchester United, its fans or Manchester at all. He only cares about his pockets. He would play for Nazi FC if they paid him enough
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is pointless comparing his wage packet to those of doctors and firemen. Our taxes are not going towards his wages. Football falls under the entertainment category and is the most popular sport in the world and generates loads of money due to advertisements, sponsors etc etc. His wage is what his market says he is worth. I don't see why people get so vexed about footballer wages.

And no amateurs are not better than Wayne and co. not even close that is why they are at the level they are, and why Wayne and his peers are where they are. I've never seen a amateur do what Pele, Messi, etc does with a ball. Wayne is extremely talented.. it is also not his fault that there are cutbacks.

However I agree with your last part, too true. Men like that really shouldnt be hero worshipped.
    Forget the shit WC campaign.

Furthermore, like all sectors (and countries), Football has always been run by greed and corruption. ALWAYS. Difference is FB get singled out. This country always place too much importance on money, imo and thats the problem. It says it all that wife beating scum like Gazza and Best are held as legends but the second you mention money, you are labeled as a scumbag.

I do not agree with what you say about Footballers wages, as Show people have to work constantly for months on ends, tour the world, be away from their families, live everyday by being crutinised, and if they dont turn up for work the show stops, they arent part of a 'team'. Rooneys ilk Train for two hours a day and have a 1 hour and a half game on a weekend. There most time away would be for away games, hardly what I would class as distance from family. Also they have the entire summer to themselves hardly worthy of such extortianate wages:eek: Its become like that, ask any old School Footballer and theyd all say their over paid, and football shouldnt be about the celeb world. If a footballer fancies throwing a sicky or their manager says they have an injury ala Rooney then the show goes on others fill in, for alot of other showbiz people the are the centre stage, thats why they are on such wages, the show doesnt go on if they dont, and noone gets paid. Rooney still has the thousands rolling in even if he has a few days granted for a break? A break from what exactly?:rolleyes: And lets not forget for most footballers their being paid for the one thing they love doing, how many people can say that:confused::D

However your last part is very accurate :) Such men shouldnt be hero worshipped!
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Rooney and his wife are just two of the people that I would put on my fantasy cruise ship for a trip to the Bermuda triangle never to be seen - or heard from - ever again :)

Provided there would be enough room for Jordan and Biffa.
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Tommy Docherty did less than Rooney back in the day, and still got the push from Man U.

Once a bottle wallops him on the head thrown from some nutter in the crowd, he'll be looking to leave.

Tommy Docherty was having an affair with the wife of the club's physio. I doubt he'd have got the push if it had been someone not involved with the club. The two men couldn't have been expected to work together, and it was hardly fair to sack the physio.
  • ShoobeedooShoobeedoo Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1324058/Wayne-Rooney-gets-cold-shoulder-ice-queen-Coleen.html

Their relationship will probably never be the same, maybe even her catholic beliefs will not be strong enough to hold them together, he's clearly hoping different, so that when the dust settles, he can get back to his old life. He's been addicted to prossies since he was a nipper in short pants, and once you're hooked it's a hard habit to kick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Tommy Docherty was having an affair with the wife of the club's physio. I doubt he'd have got the push if it had been someone not involved with the club. The two men couldn't have been expected to work together, and it was hardly fair to sack the physio.

It's still not sh**ing prostitutes though is it?

And more than once.
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sun paper again rooneys girlfriend 1ok boob job it just gets better with him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    In his personal life, have no idea, but professionally for money? Yes.
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i say the lads an ideoit in all directions