Options

When someone stilll denies their crime after being found guilty...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    If you mean someone with learning disabilities of some degree, unless it has been decided that they dont have capacity (which is very rare) they will be able to consent to sex.

I was responding to a specific post in which I took the term as being used about someone who wasn't able to consent. I certainly wasn't trying to give any clinical definition.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    jrmswfc wrote: »
    Likewise, guilty people can be found innocent.

Very true

I was once a witness to my Uncle beating someone up it went to court and he was found not guilty but I know he did it as I watched him do it.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,925
    Forum Member
    Very true

I was once a witness to my Uncle beating someone up it went to court and he was found not guilty but I know he did it as I watched him do it.

Were you called as a witness?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Were you called as a witness?

Yes as I was the one who phoned the police to report it.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,925
    Forum Member
    Yes as I was the one who phoned the police to report it.

So this might be a bit personal but how was he found not guilty when you stood up in court and said he did it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So this might be a bit personal but how was he found not guilty when you stood up in court and said he did it?

Not enough evidence there was only me and the person he beat up as a witness.
  • Options
    FishyFooFishyFoo Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    It beats me how a jury can assess how drunk the lady is question was or wasn't at the point in time when the deed was done.

Watching this, it doesn't seem to me that this person is smashed. Drunk, yes, but not annihilated. I have been so drunk that I would not be able to walk on those heels and would never have remembered leaving my phone in the cab (until the next day) let alone go back to retrieve the pizza. But back to the OP, if I were innocent of a crime and was charged/imprisoned etc I would never admit any guilt and spout my innocence until the day I died.
  • Options
    cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Still on the subject of judiciary - The recent changes in Legal Aid can now also result in defendants upon being charged of serious crimes are now in effect able to walk free from court without undergoing trial on the basis that the the recent restrictions regarding the State bearing the cost of engaging highly or suitably qualified defence representation can be adjourned indefinitly because the accused are able to claim that no lawyer is willing to take up their case on grounds of being paid insufficient remuneration - as confirmed by a recent case in the South of the UK where some 7 - one being a solicitor - accused of being involved in a scam involving £-millions, including money laundering have walked free from court for this very reason!.