best memory card for S5?

ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
Forum Member
I've only got 6GB left available on my samsung s5. I've never owned a phone with expandable storage before. Which is the best card to get? I'm thinking another 32GB would be fine, plenty space for photos and music (I don't download films)
Is it easy to fit and move files to? Have never done it before. cheers

Comments

• Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Thanks Mark. I ordered the Samsung card. Sadly not at that price though as the deal's expired!
    Forum Member
    sorry, thick again. Like I say, I'm new to expandable memory as came from nexus 4.

The micro SD card (Samsung) is in the phone. Phone message told me all photos would be automatically saved to the SD card rather than the phone memory, except for burst mode. I clicked ok as I'm fine with that.
    However - do I need to format the card? It's showing as a menu option.
    I can't see any photos showing up under storage>SD card either. It has 59.59GB memory just as when I installed it, so assume no photos have actually been moved across (?)

What's the easiest way to move photos or music to the SD card please? I've youtube'd and the phone settings they describe don't correspond with what I have on my phone. Thank you.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would format the card in the phone by going through the menus.

I would probably connect the phone to the USB on my computer and drag and drop all the photos from the phone to the memory card if there are quite a few.
    Forum Member
    Cheers Mark. I've moved some apps, but many can't be moved for some reason. Just realised how many samsung apps there are that I never use too.
    All photos are going on to the card.
    I didn't format it in the end as it seemed to work - hopefully not a problem down the line.
    Especially if the OS updates soon to Lollipop.
    Many thanks for your help.