UFC Discussion Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Its on BT Sports 2 at 9pm
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoJo with a good win, same for Bisbing, but Pearson disappointed me in all honesty.
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very disappointing for Pearson.. also thought Bisping lost the decision
  • Rhythm StickRhythm Stick Posts: 1,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No comments for how sublime Joe Duffy looked?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that JoJo goes far, but there is still plenty of improvement needed if she is to become a champion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No comments for how sublime Joe Duffy looked?

Duffy looked in Glasgow
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one see the card this morning?

Tate v Rousey again then by the looks of things, boy I wonder how that one will pan out?! 😉

TJ with another good victory to cement his dominance in that feud as well in the main event.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tate v Rousey
    No thanks far too many one sided fights on in the UFC these days
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one see the card this morning?

Tate v Rousey again then by the looks of things, boy I wonder how that one will pan out?! 😉

TJ with another good victory to cement his dominance in that feud as well in the main event.

I thought Correia had pulled out when I read that. :o

Still on according to the UFC site.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty solid so far. Vieira/Lopes best fight, brutal!
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow!!!!!!!
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Correia did a great job building this fight, the reality was she wasn't anywhere near the level of Ronda and it's one of the most satisfactory Ronda victories after the sh*t Correia has come out with in the lead in to this fight.

Without a doubt the most dominant fighter I've ever seen in MMA, incredible. People seriously doubt her striking skills too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care what anyone says but if anyone thinks Cyborg can beat Ronda they seriously need to be placed under the mental health.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people get rather carried away with Ronda Rousey all this garbage about knocking Floyd Mayweather out is just total baloney she would not last 1 minute

and this near hysteria about how good a fighter she is
    the top 10 women fighters would not be in the Worlds top 500 fighters at there respective weight class if they were open contests

women fighting is worse than watching paint dry and find it totally boring
    Forum Member
    I think people get rather carried away with Ronda Rousey all this garbage about knocking Floyd Mayweather out is just total baloney she would not last 1 minute

the top 10 women fighters would not be in the Worlds top 500 fighters at there respective weight class if they were open contests

It's pointless discussing it with you because it's clear you have a dislike for WMMA and that blinkers every single view you have on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was good to hear her pay her respects to Rowdy Roddy Pipper after her bout, as you could tell how much he meant to her, and just like her I was shocked and devastated to hear and read about his death.

As for the fight, it was yet another typical fight by her, getting it done quickly, just what is the point of yet another Tate fight?
    The only fight that she should take is the Cyborg one, if that cannot happen for whatever reason, then she should just take a sabbatical as there is not anyone in her weight class that could challenge her.

Let her do movies, or let her have a few more WWE appearances, as until there is someone who can really seriously threaten her, having her beat up other women and finish fights in less than a minute is just pointless.
    Forum Member
    It was good to hear her pay her respects to Rowdy Roddy Pipper after her bout, as you could tell how much he meant to her, and just like her I was shocked and devastated to hear and read about his death.

As for the fight, it was yet another typical fight by her, getting it done quickly, just what is the point of yet another Tate fight?
    The only fight that she should take is the Cyborg one, if that cannot happen for whatever reason, then she should just take a sabbatical as there is not anyone in her weight class that could challenge her.

Let her do movies, or let her have a few more WWE appearances, as until there is someone who can really seriously threaten her, having her beat up other women and finish fights in less than a minute is just pointless.

Thankfully she doesn't have the same ridiculous attitude as that. If she wanted to she could walk away tomorrow, she enjoys fighting though. You're talking as if she's being forced into fighting.

Dana said the Cyborg fight is on the table, everything is ready to go apart from Cyborg. Either she shows she can cut the weight or forget about it. Tate will be next, Holm will continue to be built up and hopefully Pena can get a win against one or two women in the top ten and get herself in contention. Zingano is an interesting rematch but that's all about where she's at mentally after losing the first fight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Thankfully she doesn't have the same ridiculous attitude as that. If she wanted to she could walk away tomorrow, she enjoys fighting though. You're talking as if she's being forced into fighting.

Dana said the Cyborg fight is on the table, everything is ready to go apart from Cyborg. Either she shows she can cut the weight or forget about it. Tate will be next, Holm will continue to be built up and hopefully Pena can get a win against one or two women in the top ten and get herself in contention. Zingano is an interesting rematch but that's all about where she's at mentally after losing the first fight.

Oh I get that she loves fighting and doing what she does oh so very well, but she is just so dominant (and that is a huge credit to her and her team) that putting her in with Tate or with people with potential like Holm, would be pointless from a spectator point of view, as she would beat then comfortably.
    She needs true challengers to really push her onto the next level, and at the moment there is only Cyborg out there.
    If that fight can happen, (I hope that it can be made, and does happen) then we might see her pushed to a new level.

The rest of the division is actually rather interesting when they are fighting in amongst themselves, there are some good matches that I would like to see, but it is just the case that when any of them step up to her level, that they seem waayy out of their depth, and that is a huge credit to her and her team once again for getting her to such a high level.

I hope that others can close the gap and that one day we can see someone or more than one person trouble her, as it is always good to watch an even match, where you are not sure which way things will go.

The upcoming Mighty Mouse fight for example, he is or has been just as dominant as Ronda has been in his own division, but in his next match, he could be really challenged, and that is the sort of thing that would be good to see in her division, hopefully over time this will happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually quite good I think! 😀 😀

https://twitter.com/Lagana/status/627836760098078722?s=09
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And yet you feel qualified to state that none of the top 10 women would get into the top 500 fighters in the world.

Must be really bored if you have put that much thought into it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I usually watch Rouseys fights with intrigue to see if anyone can beat her, but for this fight i did really want her to smash Bethe Correia, didnt like her attitude at all. Tate gave a decent account of herself against Rousey last time tbf, better than the last few fighters anyway, although Rousey just keeps improving so i think it will be another quick one again when they meet.

I think if Rousey was 6ft 2 and built like Chyna from the WWE then i would question the point in her being in the sport as no one could match her, but she isnt, she just has an ability and hunger to keep getting better, i'm sure at some stage we will see someone who will give her a difficult fight. I still enjoy chuckling at her entrance face she pulls :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anything they should push for a match between Ronda and Joanna Jedrzejczyk as she looks the only one to me who might realistically test her. Cyborg ain't happening and if it does expect another pre minute win for Ronda.
    Forum Member
    If anything they should push for a match between Ronda and Joanna Jedrzejczyk as she looks the only one to me who might realistically test her. Cyborg ain't happening and if it does expect another pre minute win for Ronda.

They wouldn't push for that fight because it's clearly not something that's going to happen, weight difference among other obvious reasons. Wouldn't rule out the Cyborg fight happening at some stage.

I still think Holm and a Zingano rematch are the most interesting fights for Ronda currently in the UFC. Pena outside of those two if she can stay healthy and keep improving.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about a good old fashioned two on one, still think she would win though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    They wouldn't push for that fight because it's clearly not something that's going to happen, weight difference among other obvious reasons. Wouldn't rule out the Cyborg fight happening at some stage.

I still think Holm and a Zingano rematch are the most interesting fights for Ronda currently in the UFC. Pena outside of those two if she can stay healthy and keep improving.

I am well aware of the 20 pound weight difference it is just a pity they couldn't somehow come to an arrangement of some sort for a catch weight contest.