Episodes – BBC2 – Mondays 10pm

NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone looking forward to this tonight? It’s a BBC and Showtime co-production starring Mat LeBlanc, Stephen Mangan and Tamsin Greig.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12127298

Looks promising to me.

Comments

• Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am. I like what I've seen in the trailer especially Matt Le Blanc and I was never a big fan of Friends.

Is it loosely based on the experience of those writers behind Coupling (forget who they were tbh) and their disastrous attempt to work with NBC?
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I have seen the first and second episode of Episodes (somebody apparently leaked them on to the net). I really enjoyed them. They elicited, from me, wry smiles rather than belly laughs, but that's well and good. It is an inherently interesting concept.
    Forum Member
    Is it loosely based on the experience of those writers behind Coupling (forget who they were tbh) and their disastrous attempt to work with NBC?

No, the BBC got involved as a co-producer, but two Americans came up with the idea for the show and got the US subscription channel Showtime to pick it up. One of the creators is David Crane, who was involved in creating Friends (thus the involvement of Matt LeBlanc in this). It is not like Americans are oblivious to the fact that a lot of American attempts to remake British shows have produced junk.:)
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    I'm going to give this a try it looks good :) There's so much on tonight don't fail me now sky+!
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    I have seen the first and second episode of Episodes (somebody apparently leaked them on to the net). I really enjoyed them. They elicited, from me, wry smiles rather than belly laughs, but that's well and good. It is an inherently interesting concept.

Not sure it is.

I'll give it a go, not overly hopeful. All the promotions of it on tv and radio have grated on me, i like Mangan but he's a bit self satisifed.
    Forum Member
    Not sure it is.

I'll give it a go, not overly hopeful. All the promotions of it on tv and radio have grated on me, i like Mangan but he's a bit self satisifed.

Clearly, what I find "inherently interesting" may be completely uninteresting to another person.:) If the show isn't for you, oh well.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Yes, really looking forward to this. :)
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »

Nothing wrong with that, wry smiles are sometimes better than belly laughs, they often come from more intelligent jokes i find.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will have to Sky+ it, I am watching Italian Big Brother :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to this, mainly for Stephen and Tamsin. Hope it's good!
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    sparkle_18 wrote: »

Me too, I miss Green Wing, WHY don't they make another series I wonder? :(
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll certainly give it a go. I'll watch anything with Tamsin Greig in it :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    sparkle_18 wrote: »

I might catch up with this sometime as I don't think I'll be able to watch it tonight. I'm looking forward to Stephen and Tamsin being reunited :D
  • Shinny04Shinny04 Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for this. Strangely enough Stephen and Tamsin are playing the married couple in this! Hehe this was meant to happen in Green Wing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    * settles down to give this a go *
  • LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure this whole episode won't be that great, just setting the scene
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watching this now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've smiled a couple of time, but no laffs yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same, but like I said I'm assuming this first epi will just be setting the scene... I hope
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like the bath taking forever to fill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the TV exec lady :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    needs more Matt Le Blanc :o
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member

It's ok - quite well-observed, but like others have said, not laugh-out-loud funny. Richard Griffiths seems to have lost a bit of weight.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No laughs so far.