Options

The Sanatorium (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    kfb wrote: »
    Evening all.
    Back from installing daughter and bf at uni - again!
    I do love that drive to and from the uni through mid Wales - even though it was raining at the higher levels :p

She's in a lovely flat this year on the seafront. Got a huge room as well.
    A large flat with about 9 in it, I think - really nice lads, mostly. 3 lovely shower rooms and a huge kitchen with a big table in it so they can all sit down and eat together. 3 of the lads have been living there all summer - and you won't believe this - it was all clean :eek::D

Do they have a cleaner? was she in halls last year as well? my daughter had a cleaner for the kitchen and shared areas last year....

its so much nicer to be in a lovely flat with friendly flatmates...my daughter was so lonely last year, cos although everyone was nice they werent that sociable....and now she is in a shared flat, she is much happier...

did you need to buy any new furniture.....shelving units etc?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but IT'S A PHONE! Bloody hell, all these people queuing for a phone.

why are they queuing for a phone? is there a new one out:rolleyes:
    shhhhh wrote: »
    Good morning you happy lot.:D

good morning to you Mr schhhh...........what excitment are you looking forwards to today?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has anyone else watched 'the Audience' on Channel 4?

its looking quite interesting....they have 50 strangers following someone around for a week or so to help them solve a lifetime dilemma...

last night they had a lady who was trying to work out if it would be better for her 9 year old daughter to go and live full time with her dad in Devon, and just visit her mum in london for the holidays....or better to stay as it was...

now i want to know what was decided...so did anyone else see it?
  • Options
    nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are you up to today then nat?

Nothing really just chiling now then I'm going to a football trening and then bed to catch up on my :sleep:.

Yeahhh the weekend is here:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    Has anyone else watched 'the Audience' on Channel 4?

its looking quite interesting....they have 50 strangers following someone around for a week or so to help them solve a lifetime dilemma...

last night they had a lady who was trying to work out if it would be better for her 9 year old daughter to go and live full time with her dad in Devon, and just visit her mum in london for the holidays....or better to stay as it was...

now i want to know what was decided...so did anyone else see it?

God, what an awful idea for a programme! I haven't seen it but that's on the way to extreme reality shows, like viewers voting on whether someone should get the death penalty or not.

Any family doing that are doing it just to be on TV.
    Nobody who was anywhere near sane would use a TV programme to work out something as important as that ......................................................................... would they? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing really just chiling now then I'm going to a football trening and then bed to catch up on my :sleep:.

Yeahhh the weekend is here:D:D

Hey Nat. Grand Prix weekend again.:) The Singapore one, though. Night one. Not very scintillating. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they have a cleaner? was she in halls last year as well? my daughter had a cleaner for the kitchen and shared areas last year....

its so much nicer to be in a lovely flat with friendly flatmates...my daughter was so lonely last year, cos although everyone was nice they werent that sociable....and now she is in a shared flat, she is much happier...

did you need to buy any new furniture.....shelving units etc?

No, they don't have a cleaner. It's a private let - one of the big Edwardian seafront hotels converted into student accommodation.
    Lovely big rooms with high ceilings and draughty windows. She was disappointed not to get a sea view room - particularly as she's the one who was lumbered with the responsibility of organising it all, and she was the only one not to get a double bed, even though she is the only one with a long-term partner. But then we checked with one of her flatmates what his sea view room was like - very draughty :p and cold even now. It still looked rather special though, to be able to sit in one of those big bay windows and gaze out to sea.
    Oh, hang on a sec, too much like a distraction probably from essays and the like :cool:

I was so :eek: about the cleaning because it was the 3 lads who stayed all summer who'd kept it clean. All the houses my son lived in were pretty yucky at times. Let's just say, I wasn't too keen on using their loo. But the bathrooms (all 3 of them) were spotless. :eek: again!

I love that they've got a huge table in the middle of a large kitchen which means they can all eat there as and when, or even plan meals together, or work there if they want a bit of company. Our kitchen is long and thin, so no room for a table. I always envied mums who could carry on cooking while their kids were sat at the kitchen table doing their homework or whatever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im so glad im not the only one feeling like this......

but maybe the way the little wife is treated by her husband was the way it worked....?

Historically though....it stinks.........on another thread they are bemoaning the wrong buses being used ...the wrong trains and logos etc......and after reading about Bletchley park....the writers seem to have completely misunderstood what went on there...Bletchley park was where the raw info was collected....not where it was collated and made sense of....

one piece of code from german intelligence would have to have been translated into german, then another person would have translated it into english...then it would have been sent to another person to file....its a wonder they made sense of any of it.....

I don't know the ending - we haven't caught up yet - but I don't think I'm going to be hugely surprised.
    I know life was difficult for women after the war and we got a sense of that, didn't we, in the Bletchley book we read - all through the 1950s really. It was only in the 1960s that women really began to find their voice in books and politics and real feminism took root. Thank goodness! No reason why men and women can't work together to raise a family and share all the tasks and responsibilities. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good afternoon, shhhhh.
    So why did you call yourself that?
    I wish I'd come up with something more imaginative for mine.
    In another thread I used to be called Nuggets by a lateral thinker - kfb>kfc>nuggets. Everything in that thread had their own special nickname. Those were the days, eh guys? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im so glad im not the only one feeling like this......

but maybe the way the little wife is treated by her husband was the way it worked....?

Historically though....it stinks.........on another thread they are bemoaning the wrong buses being used ...the wrong trains and logos etc......and after reading about Bletchley park....the writers seem to have completely misunderstood what went on there...Bletchley park was where the raw info was collected....not where it was collated and made sense of....

one piece of code from german intelligence would have to have been translated into german, then another person would have translated it into english...then it would have been sent to another person to file....its a wonder they made sense of any of it.....

Just to add to my other post - re: Bletchley Park. There were female code breakers. Some of them were on Celebrity Masterchef this week, as the 3 finalists had to go there and cook a meal for them. It was quite funny because you could see that they weren't used to fancy restaurant food - and who can blame them? Lovely as that food looks, it's not a proper meal really, is it! Asa Briggs and his wife were there. And it was a woman who contributed to the breaking of the Enigma Code, wasn't it?

I think the book was hampered a bit by some of the Bletchley Park people sticking to their code of secrecy and not wanting to 'come out'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,096
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone :)

Just thought I'd pop in for a quick hello, hope you are all good. Well done on part 8 by the way :D

Have to say girls I was really looking forward to Bletchley circle, it seemed a really good cast.
    It has disappointed me though, I just thought the plot was a bit ... meh.

Have any of you been watching Parades End? Benedict Cumberbatch is just wonderful in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,096
    Forum Member
    Oh and by the way ... can't wait to see Nicky Byrne on strictly.
    It's nice to see him ... to see him nice :D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EEMMZZ wrote: »

Just thought I'd pop in for a quick hello, hope you are all good. Well done on part 8 by the way :D

Have to say girls I was really looking forward to Bletchley circle, it seemed a really good cast.

Have any of you been watching Parades End? Benedict Cumberbatch is just wonderful in it.

Hi Em, good to see you. Yes, some of us have been watching Parade's End. Last one tonight :(
    Oh and by the way ... can't wait to see Nicky Byrne on strictly.
    It's nice to see him ... to see him nice :D:o

Hey, come and join us for Strictly. I think we might see Lou here too. :D

Hope all is well with you.

Pop in on 7th October - it's the thread's first anniversary ;):D
  • Options
    nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Nat. Grand Prix weekend again.:) The Singapore one, though. Night one. Not very scintillating. :rolleyes:
    I'm not waking up in the midle off the night for Formula one. I need my sleep I'm tired and I can always catch a replay at 2pm.
    Good afternoon, shhhhh.
    So why did you call yourself that?
    I wish I'd come up with something more imaginative for mine.
    In another thread I used to be called Nuggets by a lateral thinker - kfb>kfc>nuggets. Everything in that thread had their own special nickname. Those were the days, eh guys? ;)
    Yep that where the good days but hey evrything in life is changing.

Ohh stranger:cool: hope you are good?

Went and read a old JJJat thread and there where so manny names that are now gone or at other homes. I't was interesting to see where people went after the JJJat crash
    I miss the old days where all off us where one place.:mad::(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    God, what an awful idea for a programme! I haven't seen it but that's on the way to extreme reality shows, like viewers voting on whether someone should get the death penalty or not.

Any family doing that are doing it just to be on TV.
    Nobody who was anywhere near sane would use a TV programme to work out something as important as that ......................................................................... would they? :confused:

you see thats what i initially felt...and then after reading a few reviews i did watch some of it....

its not nearly as bad as it sounds....

cos it seems more about a discussion.....about a particular issue...and the pros and cons..about it....but instead of doing it in a studio, they have set it up around a particular family...

the woman last night....obviously had thought things through...and had almost made the decision to sent her daughter away during term time...but almost seemed to want the group to understand and ratify her decision....

to be honest.....they could do it with actors playing out the dilemma and that might be just as good....cos its more about discussing options.....

it is a bit Jeremy Kyle....but instead of judging people...the premise seems to be about understanding and finding an amicable solution......:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read/heard somewhere that some people (fans, apparently) had tweeted Josie not very nice things about Luke.I thought if you were a fan of someone you would want them to be happy and successful.
    Josie appears to be both of those at the moment.

Why would a fan want to rain on her parade?
    Me, now, you could understand doing that - not being a fan ;):rolleyes:. As you all know!

But do you know what? I would never ever do that. And I know loads of others who wouldn't.
    I can understand haters venting their spleen at her - sort of. I can understand John lovers doing the same when she's referred to him in the past - totally unnecessarily.
    But I cannot understand why her very own fans would do such a thing.

With fans like that, who needs enemies? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not waking up in the midle off the night for Formula one. I need my sleep I'm tired and I can always catch a replay at 2pm.

Yep that where the good days but hey evrything in life is changing.

Ohh stranger:cool: hope you are good?

Went and read a old JJJat thread and there where so manny names that are now gone or at other homes. I't was interesting to see where people went after the JJJat crash
    I miss the old days where all off us where one place.:mad::([/QUOTE]

so do i , its hard to keep up with everyone...and im thinking as time goes on it will become harder...:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you see thats what i initially felt...and then after reading a few reviews i did watch some of it....

its not nearly as bad as it sounds....

cos it seems more about a discussion.....about a particular issue...and the pros and cons..about it....but instead of doing it in a studio, they have set it up around a particular family...

the woman last night....obviously had thought things through...and had almost made the decision to sent her daughter away during term time...but almost seemed to want the group to understand and ratify her decision....

to be honest.....they could do it with actors playing out the dilemma and that might be just as good....cos its more about discussing options.....

it is a bit Jeremy Kyle....but instead of judging people...the premise seems to be about understanding and finding an amicable solution......:confused:

A sort of group mediation :p:D

At the end of the day (oh, I do love that phrase - NOT), the decision can only be made by the parents with the child in what they both think are the best interests of that child.
    I do think there is something strange about people who take their sometimes very personal problems onto TV. Sorry but I feel that money and/or fame is what it's really all about in the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I read/heard somewhere that some people (fans, apparently) had tweeted Josie not very nice things about Luke.I thought if you were a fan of someone you would want them to be happy and successful.
    Josie appears to be both of those at the moment.

Why would a fan want to rain on her parade?
    Me, now, you could understand doing that - not being a fan ;):rolleyes:. As you all know!

But do you know what? I would never ever do that. And I know loads of others who wouldn't.
    I can understand haters venting their spleen at her - sort of. I can understand John lovers doing the same when she's referred to him in the past - totally unnecessarily.
    But I cannot understand why her very own fans would do such a thing.

With fans like that, who needs enemies? :rolleyes:

I do agree........

what is the point......if i ever met josie again, i would try and be positive with her, not nasty.....and i wouldnt dream of criticising luke to her face......

and im not that big a fan at all.....:eek:

but then again so much is in the eye of the beholder.....

im listening to stories of the MP who was rude to the policemen on the gate at Downing street last night, cos they wouldnt let him take his bike out of the main gate, asking him to use the side gate instead.

The MP has apologised and said vehmently that he didnt swear at the policeman....and if you hear what he is actually meant to have said....no he didnt actually use a swear word...

he called the policemen 'plebs' so its not actually officially a swear word.....but it is extremely offensive...!! so i can understand why the policemen got irritated with him....:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do agree........

what is the point......if i ever met josie again, i would try and be positive with her, not nasty.....and i wouldnt dream of criticising luke to her face......

im listening to stories of the MP who was rude to the policemen on the gate at Downing street last night, cos they wouldnt let him take his bike out of the main gate, asking him to use the side gate instead.

The MP has apologised and said vehmently that he didnt swear at the policeman....and if you hear what he is actually meant to have said....no he didnt actually use a swear word...

he called the policemen 'plebs' so its not actually officially a swear word.....but it is extremely offensive...!! so i can understand why the policemen got irritated with him....:eek:

It sounds as though he called him an f***ing pleb. Now, THAT IS swearing. But it's also extremely rude to anyone to swear like that to their face.

Behind their backs - now that's another story ;):p:D

LOL Channel 4 have put up a clip from Boris saying that people who swear at the police should be arrested. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do agree........

I'm just glad that the chances of me bumping into her in Bristol are extremely unlikely as she lives at the opposite end of it to me. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re Josie and Luke again:
    I also understand someone has accused him of being a freeloader.

*coughs* hmmmm - He's a plumber who works long hours (much to Josie's disgust). As you saw from my post the other day, plumbers earn a whole heap of cash. Steady good cash!

I wonder who the real freeloader is in the relationship who picks and chooses what she does. Yes, for any big project she'll probably pick up a good whack, but those are few and far between, and it sounds like that's all been invested in property. It's not easy or cheap keeping up with all the Jones' celebs - going to parties, always having to dress well - bet she doesn't often get to wear/advertise someone's clothing/shoes etc. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's Luke who puts food on the table, pays the mortgage, the utility bills, etc etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I came on here initially to say how pleased I was that Emma Kennedy had won Celebrity Masterchef. Not a big surprise that she won and she was so chuffed. The loveliest smile ever. :D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2713/4071083641_103c09eda6.jpg
  • Options
    shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You talking to yourself kfb?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You talking to yourself kfb?:D

As usual :p

But, as augusta said, that's the beauty of DS. You leave your posts and someone comes along and responds - or doesn't. It's all cool. :D

How are you? Looking forward to your weekend?

Are you a footie fan?
    A Grand Prix fan?
    There's some programme on about Liverpool tonight.
    We've got a couple of Liverpool supporters who pop in occasionally. :)

Oh, and have you worked out yet where we call come from and what brought us together in the first place?;)
    And do you really care? :p
This discussion has been closed.