I Hated, Hated, Hated This Movie

LeviathainLeviathain Posts: 719
Forum Member
✭✭
I watched Wicker Tree yesterday, easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I quite enjoyed the first one but this sequel was a total travesty.

Same director as The Wickerman, the two leads couldn't act their way out of a paper bag.

The female lead hasn't had a role since and the male's portrayal of an american was terrible.

Comments

• Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is unusually awful .
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horror Channel have rights to it and I've seen the reviews so I've decided not to watch,

I find sitting through terrible films a fairly pointless way of passing the time!
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, absolutely terrible film. How did the first manage to be such a cult classic yet this one become such a turkey?

The worst bit was shoe-horning in a clearly unwell Cristopher Lee via the meduim of a really bad green screen scene. It even came complete with wobbly screen fade as the person telling the story gazes wistfully into the air.

Wasn't the girl character meant to be some sort of music star? Shouldn't she be missed at some point?
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think it was that bad. Was never going to beat the original. Still not as terrible as the Nicholas cage remake of the original
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    I didn't think it was that bad. Was never going to beat the original. Still not as terrible as the Nicholas cage remake of the original

Well, a punch in the face is better than that.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To use the thread title as more of a general thing, it applies to "Movie 43" for me. Sitting on a chair made of razor blades would have been more enjoyable than sitting watching this film.
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    To use the thread title as more of a general thing, it applies to "Movie 43" for me. Sitting on a chair made of razor blades would have been more enjoyable than sitting watching this film.

I second this.

I watched it thinking it surely couldn't be as bad as everyone was saying.

It was worse.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    I second this.

I watched it thinking it surely couldn't be as bad as everyone was saying.

It was worse.

Funny thing is, there was actually one sketch in amongst all of that dirge that actually did get me and made me laugh because of how clever it was and it was the children inside the photocopier one.

But it was only a few moments of respite :)
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to 5live yesterday I got the impression Mark Kermode really didn't like Entourage the movie.