Options

ÌSIS now in Nigeria and Somalia

AdsAds Posts: 37,057
Forum Member
The beheading has already begun

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3156551/Like-master-like-servant-Nigerian-terror-group-Boko-Haram-releases-beheading-video-pledging-allegiance-ISIS.html

Meanwhile global leaders still have no strategy whatsoever on how to tackle this. Unless you call burying their hands in the sand a strategy!

Comments

• Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's your grand plan to take on ISIS, then?
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who goes there anyway
  • Options
    ParashootistParashootist Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »
    What's your grand plan to take on ISIS, then?

turn off the internet
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    turn off the internet
    And mobile phone blockers.

If we're reluctant to fight them physically then do it electronically.
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    ....deleted....

over done it on the swearing
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another jumping on the bandwagon more like

EVERYONE was linked to the big bad al-qaeda
    now EVERYONE is linked to the big babies of ISIS/ISIL//DOUCHE/ACDC/IQ=10/WHATEVER

but let's face it, their all morons
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »

now EVERYONE is linked to the big babies of ISIS/ISIL//DOUCHE/ACDC/IQ=10/WHATEVER

Morons who murder
  • Options
    zahavizahavi Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    best to leave them to it.

all we do is make things worse.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how they'll fare in Somalia - it's a much more complicated situation there with various warlords vying for power.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote: »
    The beheading has already begun

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3156551/Like-master-like-servant-Nigerian-terror-group-Boko-Haram-releases-beheading-video-pledging-allegiance-ISIS.html

Meanwhile global leaders still have no strategy whatsoever on how to tackle this. Unless you call burying their hands in the sand a strategy!

They are not invulnerable though. The Kurds have retaken Ain Issa, 30 miles from the ISIS capital Raqqa. It's changed hands a few times in the last few weeks but the Kurds supported by coalition bombing are still there, blocking a main ISIS supply line. I hope the Mail is reporting that.

ISIS are not having it all their own way and can be beaten alright, with enough determination on the ground and continuing air strikes.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    If i were male, and were in the army right now, and we were ordered to go in to Syria to attack ISIS, and be in actual fighting on the ground, I'd seriously be crapping......:(

Not so much the actual fighting and killing, I suppose if one were in the army, you'd have resigned yourself to going to war etc, no, what I'd be frightened about is being captured by one of the ISIS and being slowly tortured, eventually dying.

I know that in the 2nd WW the spies were given little pills to take if and when they were captured, I think one because to avoid spilling any information and two, so they wouldn't have to go through with any torture, they'd at least have a quick death from the pills.

So my question is, I wonder if they would do this to the soldiers if and when there were actual combat on the ground?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another group has joined them then. I thought IS only wanted their own kind? Ah, okay...I see Islam is very strong in Nigeria.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    cas1977 wrote: »
    If i were male, and were in the army right now, and we were ordered to go in to Syria to attack ISIS, and be in actual fighting on the ground, I'd seriously be crapping......:(

Not so much the actual fighting and killing, I suppose if one were in the army, you'd have resigned yourself to going to war etc, no, what I'd be frightened about is being captured by one of the ISIS and being slowly tortured, eventually dying.

I know that in the 2nd WW the spies were given little pills to take if and when they were captured, I think one because to avoid spilling any information and two, so they wouldn't have to go through with any torture, they'd at least have a quick death from the pills.

So my question is, I wonder if they would do this to the soldiers if and when there were actual combat on the ground?

If there are any special forces in the region, I imagine they are fully briefed and advised to consider retaining a bullet rather than let themselves be captured alive.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how they'll fare in Somalia - it's a much more complicated situation there with various warlords vying for power.

With a bit of luck the evil bastards will all start destroying each other.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have been stopped long ago, before they were able to commandeer so much heavy duty weaponry.
  • Options
    mcg3mcg3 Posts: 11,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    They should have been stopped long ago, before they were able to commandeer so much heavy duty weaponry.

And just where do you think they got much of their heavy duty weaponry from?
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For a moment I thought it was IDS in Nigeria and Somalia.
  • Options
    My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nigerian nutjobs will soon find out they are the wrong type of islamic crazy to be accepted by The arab IS nutjobs

I hope they all kill each other before they cause too much madness, they would be saving us the trouble of killing them. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're an island, it can't be that hard to keep them out. If it all goes tits up I say we close the borders and go back to arable farming and everyone making jam out of carrots and painting lines on the back of our legs to look like stockings.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    The internet is a good recruiting ground for all the idiots in the world to come out the woodwork and join them, block any food going in to their towns, I would say
  • Options
    ParashootistParashootist Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    The internet is a good recruiting ground for all the idiots in the world to come out the woodwork and join them, block any food going in to their towns, I would say

this|
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boko haram pledged allegiance months ago. I think it was around the time when they murdered 2000 civilians in an attack. I thought that the Nigerian government defeated BH or at least contained them.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    Boko haram pledged allegiance months ago. I think it was around the time when they murdered 2000 civilians in an attack. I thought that the Nigerian government defeated BH or at least contained them.

Yes, this is old news. Nigerian army has reclaimed much of the ground previously captured by BH. Pledging allegiance to ISIS is a sign of weakness IMHO, they think they can use it to recruit more support, I'd imagine.
  • Options
    My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »

Maybe put them in chains and let them fight each other?