Madonna - MDNA (Album Thread) (Merged)

Comments

• cloudycloudy Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna38 wrote: »
    Everywhere I have looked says not available and HMV took it off their site. (it was there a few weeks back and now it's not).

You are right HMV and Amazon don't appear to have it. I preordered from what records, they have never let me down yet. I got my email last week to say it's dispatched, i'm hoping to get it tomorrow. The site says they still have it.
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cloudy wrote: »
    You are right HMV and Amazon don't appear to have it. I preordered from what records, they have never let me down yet. I got my email last week to say it's dispatched, i'm hoping to get it tomorrow. The site says they still have it.

I will have to have a look. I will go to HMV tomorrow and ask them about the picture disc while i pick up GGW- if they even have it. (I think they get annoyed with me going in questioning them on Madonna stuff)
  • cosmic68cosmic68 Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Apologies if this has been posted on here already.

I imagine he'll be off M's xmas card list from now on. Refreshingly honest and nothing most of us aren't saying on here...

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/05/19/william-orbit-some-of-the-best-songs-created-for-madonnas-mdna-went-to-chris-brown/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i posted on the AT but thanks for posting here.

He is very honest and thats what i love....we will see where this heads...but its geat he speaks out about the way MDNA has been handled....i mean we all see the potential....but Interscope have really done something bad here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thread bump....again the MDNA general discussion.....also combine the tour in here too.

Who else has checked Ms FB page for those tour rehearsal pics??? WOAH!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    :cool:
    After defining each track in a revamped listing, MDNA is a strong return-to-form album that is undoubtedly Pop. This is rather unlike to Madonna's last outing, 2008's Hard Candy that leans heavily on Urban/R&B numbers. Strong as it is, MDNA would have benefited a lot more if it adhered to a majority producer. The album may be cohesive but the songs would be more unified if say, only one or two producers were doing the job. It actually has more than 4 producers whose works never resembled that of the other.
    more on... http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.com/2012/05/madonna-mdna-album-performance-review.html#more
    :sleep:
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i saw the tour pics that were posted earlier and it does like its going to be an amazing tour. not long now before more details will emerge and more images will be available. also, i wonder will there be a 3rd single and which song would they go with?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turn Up The Radio to be filmed on June 10th!

new pics of tour rehearsals look fantastic!

here is 27 years of live tour performance in 2 mins....3 days left...till....MDNA!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkH3TTMI9-w&feature=share
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MDNA concerns re...

William Orbit FB -

"To those that are wondering what's going on with my recent MDNA comments. and to set the record straight, once and for all, here's what happened:

I commented on an existing comment thread here on this facebook forum a week or so back. Many of you will recall. And even though there has been interest on this site to read and respond to these opinions, I really should have held back. I made the mistake of putting my thoughts online, when an email would have been more appropriate.

But, there were no 'interviews' (Huffington Post, Daily Mail etc) as has been reported elsewhere. I've not personally seen any of these 'interviews' but can only assume that the content has been cut-and-pasted from the original post then presented as a scoop.

That same day, and on receiving a dismayed email from Guy O, I followed up with a candid and much more to-the-point email back to him. Including a couple of other things that had been troubling me. It was just between us, and not public. As it should be.

I acknowledge that I erred in putting some of my concerns into the public sphere. No ifs and buts. I ought to know by now that even in a remote corner of the internet, if it mentions Madonna, it will be all over the place in seconds.

It's certainly now all off my chest. The (unintended) consequence of all this is that it has stirred up strong opinions right across the spectrum. Some of which require me to swallow hard and take it on the chin. But what's done is done. What's said is said. Although it might reverberate for a little longer in the web universe, such being the nature of the beast.

From my POV, it's same as before, striving onwards with projects, both musical and non-musical. There is so much to take care of, and never enough hours in the day.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

William"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turn Up The Radio to be filmed on June 10th!

new pics of tour rehearsals look fantastic!

here is 27 years of live tour performance in 2 mins....3 days left...till....MDNA!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkH3TTMI9-w&feature=share

well she is not performing that day, i just wish she would have picked another track though.

is set list that have been doing the rounds tonight for real? its actually really good and i cant wait to see some clips now.:eek:
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    well she is not performing that day, i just wish she would have picked another track though.

is set list that have been doing the rounds tonight for real? its actually really good and i cant wait to see some clips now.:eek:

Mostly. There are various rehearsal clips floating round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mostly. There are various rehearsal clips floating round.

it is a rather impressive set list, i will have a look out for those clips.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Miller wrote: »

There is an audio clip of Madonna singing and rehearsing the mashup. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is an audio clip of Madonna singing and rehearsing the mashup. :)

thanks for posting.:eek:
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna strikes! :eek:
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna strikes! :eek:

And wins...... :p

The Tour rehearsal photos look fantastic. When people were saying this could be one of her very best I didn't believe it but now I am starting to think they are right.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks amazing and there's no other solo touring act that can hold a torch to her. Gaga would've had to give permission for it and I imagine the routine/video screens will explain what's going on
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the album is at 56. Ouch!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the album is at 56. Ouch!

The album has flopped and her management have let her down badly. Throughput this whole era I've always got the impression that the album is just to promote the tour which has been priority from day one. She's promoted perfume and her film and has barely done anything for the album. The tour looks immense though
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Does this eras crap single and album performance mean M is now official a 'Tour' artist. I cannot believe just how badly this album has been performing. I am in equal shock at the terrible management of the whole sorry project. Thank god we have the tour to look forward to!

Never in my life did I expect M to have a single peak at #73 :eek: I feel like I should blame Interscope/Universal because she never got herself into this situation with Warners, but on the otherhand I blame her management for being so daft as to not promote... I can't understand the logic of her tour being 'promotion' either. Tours generally do not sell albums. She is only playing 3 UK dates anyway. MDNA is hardly going to shoot back into the top 10 on the strength of those dates. Bad time to be a Madonna fan...

On the plus side though it does mean that this tour should be beyond amazing. She has certainly had enough time to perfect it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think so Glyn. MDNA has flashes of brilliance and I do think she has it in her to produce another masterpiece album. Unfortunately, all different projects have collided and she has been managed piss poorly and the album never stood a chance without any promotion. People don't even know GGWis a release and some don't even know about MDNA. If she throws out a great album next time with some hardcore promotion then we will see different results. She has a huge fanbase and many casual fans so the potential is there for her to do well again. There is no problem touring wise, she blows everyone else out of the water
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that William isn't holding back on his views. Madonna should have listened to him.

Turn Up The Radio will not be a big hit either imho. Its too dated in sound and despite the summer vibe I don't think it will do anything.

Back to the Born This Way thing. Gaga stans are going to look rather stupid if the whole thing is endorsed by Gaga the same way Human Nature/Its Britney Bitch was by Britney during the Sticky & Sweet Tour. I personally don't believe for one second Madonna has done this to throw shade and I wouldn't be surprised if Gaga is somehow involved in the set just like Britney was... ;) Madonna might have thrown the odd bitchy comment in the past but its not the way she behaves so she wouldn't do this and certainly not in public just to be nasty. It doesn't fit in with Kabbalah beliefs for a start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that William isn't holding back on his views. Madonna should have listened to him.

Turn Up The Radio will not be a big hit either imho. Its too dated in sound and despite the summer vibe I don't think it will do anything.

Back to the Born This Way thing. Gaga stans are going to look rather stupid if the whole thing is endorsed by Gaga the same way the Human Nature/Its Britney Bitch was by Britney during the Sticky & Sweet Tour. I personally don't believe for one second Madonna has done this to throw shade and I wouldn't be surprised if Gaga is somehow involved in the set just like Britney was... ;) Madonna might have thrown the odd bitchy comment in the past but its not the way she behaves so she wouldn't do this and certainly not in public just to be nasty. It doesn't fit in with Kabbalah beliefs for a start.

I agree that when we'll watch the full performance we'll all probably understand it and it'll be innocent, but from what we have, singing Born This Way then Express Yourself then "she's not me" is definitely shady.