Am I the only one who thinks Mrs Brown's Boys is utter crap?

Comments

• FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MandyXZ wrote: »
    No we don't. With a population over 60 million people in the UK, a sample of 5,000 is very poor.

If you know about statistics then it isn't poor.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No we don't. With a population over 60 million people in the UK, a sample of 5,000 is very poor.

If they felt the sample was too low and giving very misleading results, they would up it to 10 or 20,000, but they clearly feel it's giving accurate feedback.
  • MandyXZMandyXZ Posts: 86,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not a fan of statistics hence why I don't take viewing figures seriously.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    If they felt the sample was too low and giving very misleading results, they would up it to 10 or 20,000, but they clearly feel it's giving accurate feedback.

Even if it was doubled to 10000 the margin of error would only go from +/- 1.4 to +/- 0.9. It's accurate enough to makes and break careers and spend millions on adverts.
  • TJ-67TJ-67 Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the end it doesn't really matter what we think. Brendan O'Carroll is laughing all the way to his bank. It's a huge hit and watched by millions. Don't like it? Don't watch it.

Yeah, an offshore bank.
  • cragsbycragsby Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give me Still Game anyday!
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's putrid.
  • Brendan MulcakyBrendan Mulcaky Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 28/11/17 - 17:34 #409
    We were in Florida last week & went to a supermarket. As we parked the car another car pulled up directly opposite. I said to my Mrs “He looks just like ‘Dermot’ from Mrs Brown”.
    She said “I was thinking the same!”.

Sure enough, it was him. There with his wife & kids. He looked thoroughly miserable. I googled him & saw why! 3 days before I saw him he’d done an interview about his tax ‘problems’.

Brendan O’Carroll has a house there, so I read.
  • Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    edited 28/11/17 - 17:25 #410
    SJFerrol wrote: »
    The humour if that's what you call it is desperate at the best of times.

Nay, nay, thrice nay!
  • Jimmy_CarterJimmy_Carter Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ffa1 wrote: »
    No, it's putrid.
    im very disappointed that the new series of Still Game has been put on hold and they’ve put repeats of MBB instead. Mainstream BBC1 should not be showing repeats in prime time.

• Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I find it as funny as a warped coffin lid as well.
  • SullymoSullymo Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it at all. But it seems to be funny for some across many sections of the society I live in. So I just accept it and change over.
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never watched it but caught a few seconds this week while changing channels - it showed Mrs Brown high-fiving a young boy and laughing like he'd messed up his lines or something. Do they leave the bloopers in?
  • Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Don't find it funny but my sister does. Means its easier to buy for her for Xmas. :)
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not find the type hour funny at at all. I have never taken to slapstick and rubbish accents.
  • yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    Comedy, like art, music, taste in clothes etc. is very subjective. Just because someone doesn't like something it doesn't mean it's rubbish.
  • Sgt GirthSgt Girth Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not a fan of statistics hence why I don't take viewing figures seriously.

47.2% of all statistics quoted on this forum are completely made up!
  • D-cisionD-cision Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find watching it far too taxing. It's essentially the same comic device over and over and over again. Sweary matriach hahaha.
  • MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was funny at first, now lacks all originality and is a hackneyed mess. Why this gets pride of place on Xmas Day really infuriates me :rage:
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floozie_21 wrote: »
    You're not alone!

I have never liked it imo utter crap
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely hate it as well.
    I hate it almost as much as I hate the royle family

Thought for a minute you meant The Royal Family
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »

Even if it was doubled to 10000 the margin of error would only go from +/- 1.4 to +/- 0.9. It's accurate enough to makes and break careers and spend millions on adverts.

The sample already is more than double the "5,000" being cited erroneously on this thread. The BARB panel consists of 5,100 households, not people.
  • JimezJimez Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I only watch it because it's what my parents watch on Christmas Day, and i spend the day with them.
  • SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    I've never watched it but caught a few seconds this week while changing channels - it showed Mrs Brown high-fiving a young boy and laughing like he'd messed up his lines or something. Do they leave the bloopers in?

Sometimes they do. In that instance the young boy is Brendan's actual grandson but in the show of course, Mrs Brown is his grandmother. The kid called him Grandad instead of Grannie.
  • derbrainderbrain Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful program.