Danity Kane to reunite

iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
Forum Member
✭✭
Diddy's gonna be pissed -- TMZ has learned, Danity Kane (the band he created and later destroyed) is reuniting ... without his blessing.

Four original members of the group -- Aubrey O'Day, Shannon Bex, Dawn Richard, and Aundrea Fimbres -- grabbed lunch today in L.A. with a new manager to discuss the reunion ... and sources tell TMZ, it's definitely happening. We're told they plan to record and tour.

We asked the girls if Diddy was involved this time around ... their response -- "Who's that?"

You'll recall, Diddy created the group back in 2005 during "Making the Band 3" and later signed them to Bad Boy Records. In 2009, Diddy fired the entire group (with the exception of Dawn Richard).

It's unclear who really owns the name "Danity Kane" -- but we're told the girls are going to use it regardless. Translation: you can expect a nasty legal battle.

As for why Diddy eventually gave the group the chop -- there have been all kinds of rumors ... but we're told the girls felt Diddy was screwing them big-time in the money department.

We called Diddy's people -- so far ... no response.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/13/danity-kane-reunion-back-together-diddy-video-damaged-song/#ixzz2TDVvPQJ1

YES. Love their 2 albums. Hopefully D. Woods will be joining them as well :D

Comments

• AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh this is great news, I've missed them, their two albums were great so I am super excited for this, I always felt that their potential had been wasted by Diddy so if they do make a full comeback I will be very pleased!
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I've been wanting this to happen for ages and it's actually yess so excited please be true :D I loved there music and they had massive potential to do well worldwide and were massive in America before Diddy ruined them .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is great news! I hope it will be the five on them though as it wouldn't be the same. Still play their first two albums on replay :D
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I really liked their song Damaged but never heard anymore, might need to check them out. Their US chart stats are very good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Exciting! These girls are all so talented! Can't wait :)
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arent two of them in Diddy Dirty Money ?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    arent two of them in Diddy Dirty Money ?!
    Dawn Richard used to be in Diddy Dirty Money but after their album flopped, I think they disbanded. She's been relesing independent EP's ever since. :cool:
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I hope they do more songs like Show Stopper.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Really hope this is true. I can't really believe %100 until it's actually confirmed that there's a comeback.

Still annoys me how their potential was just wasted. Hopefully D.Woods gets involved as I'd love all 5 together.

Both their albums were great and so would be interested in hearing new stuff. Hope they haven't left it too late though. I think they need to do a new show similar to making the band, showing the reunion etc. That would build up hype and maybe in even get them a 3rd No.1 album if the fanbase is still there.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I'm exicted for this if true I loved both of there albums so many good songs on them they had so much potential to be the New Destiny's Child worldwide they could all sing and dance there ass off but Diddy ruined it. If they sign to a good label that will promote them well then I can see them doing good.
    Forum Member
    That's what I loved about them, they could all sing and dance. if only they were promoted over hear Damage would've been a hit.

Can't believe Diddy just messed them up.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm interested to how this works, but I think it's a bit unfair to put all of the blame on Diddy. From what I could tell the girls were growing apart and splitting into 3 groups (Aubrey and D Woods, Andrea and Shannon, and Dawn by herself) pretty early on, which I guess happens with most of these manufactured groups.

Having said that, everyone knows that Diddy is a shady f***er and I don't doubt he had something to do with the breakup. He does make good TV though - I'm starting to miss making the band as I type this :D
    Forum Member
    I'm interested to how this works, but I think it's a bit unfair to put all of the blame on Diddy. From what I could tell the girls were growing apart and splitting into 3 groups (Aubrey and D Woods, Andrea and Shannon, and Dawn by herself) pretty early on, which I guess happens with most of these manufactured groups.

Having said that, everyone knows that Diddy is a shady f***er and I don't doubt he had something to do with the breakup. He does make good TV though - I'm starting to miss making the band as I type this :D

Making The Band was a good show, I miss it too. He just could've done a lot more with them. I don't get why there was no international promotion etc. More could've been done with Day26 too. It's a shame really. Both were really talented groups.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Making The Band was a good show, I miss it too. He just could've done a lot more with them. I don't get why there was no international promotion etc. More could've been done with Day26 too. It's a shame really. Both were really talented groups.

True - and It's not just the mtb acts that Diddy didn't do much with. I'm struggling to think of a single Bad Boy act that had longevity under Diddys guidance (some people like Faith Evans have done ok after they left the label).

I actually shudder to think what would've happened if Biggie hadnt died - and what kind of trends Diddy would've forced him to follow when r&b/hip-hop became more commercial :eek:
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    True - and It's not just the mtb acts that Diddy didn't do much with. I'm struggling to think of a single Bad Boy act that had longevity under Diddys guidance (some people like Faith Evans have done ok after they left the label).

I actually shudder to think what would've happened if Biggie hadnt died - and what kind of trends Diddy would've forced him to follow when r&b/hip-hop became more commercial :eek:

lol. It's difficult to imagine Biggie doing any crunk songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Diddy was in it for the money off the TV show really. When the bands finally got created, he couldn't really care too much as long as the album went straight to number 1 after the show had finished..again highlighting the show. It was the same with Da Band
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know Where I can watch Making The Band, youtube only have the first 2 series?
    Love DK, those 2 albums wasn't enough 'Sleep On it...One Shot...Sucka4love, Striptease'!!!
    come to the UK!!!
    Forum Member
    Well looks like D.Woods won't be joining...

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2013/05/dwoods-danity-kane-reunion-part/
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am also really happy about this!!!
    I think they could really do well again, and TBH i think it is good D Woods isn't back!!!! though it is not confirmed she isnt