Options

Undead Nightmare (Merged)

frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
Forum Member
This is now being released as a standalone game for £17.99! Quite pleased as I didn't like RDR as found the missions boring, but this means that I get all the stuff I liked, and a decent plot!!!

Comments

• Options
    OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's good news. I loved RDR but traded when I completed it as didn't like the multiplayer, si this'll give me the chance to play it. Is it a decent sized piece of DLC?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's good news. I loved RDR but traded when I completed it as didn't like the multiplayer, si this'll give me the chance to play it. Is it a decent sized piece of DLC?

Well yeah it's a full game lasting about 6 hours but you also get multiplayer with it too.

I'm pretty sure you need RDR to play the DLC version of this, I might be wrong?

Even so, a disc version will be available.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    frailfury wrote: »
    Well yeah it's a full game lasting about 6 hours but you also get multiplayer with it too.

I'm pretty sure you need RDR to play the DLC version of this, I might be wrong?

Even so, a disc version will be available.

You Do need the original RDR to play Undead Nightmare, but this Disc version (which I told you all about weeks ago but didn't believe me) packages Undead Nightmare on it's own so it doesn't require the game data from RDR, it also bundles in the Multiplayer with all the Multiplayer DLC such as Outlaws To The End, Liars & Cheats, etc, and this will be compatible with players who own RDR, so for instance, if you get Undead Nightmare, and jump into Multiplayer, you can play with a friend who only has RDR.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    You Do need the original RDR to play Undead Nightmare, but this Disc version (which I told you all about weeks ago but didn't believe me) packages Undead Nightmare on it's own so it doesn't require the game data from RDR, it also bundles in the Multiplayer with all the Multiplayer DLC such as Outlaws To The End, Liars & Cheats, etc, and this will be compatible with players who own RDR, so for instance, if you get Undead Nightmare, and jump into Multiplayer, you can play with a friend who only has RDR.

Well for £17.99 it's an absolute bargain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't really like RDR, I found the missions to be a bit boring and tiresome and the whole travelling long distances on a horse.

HOWEVER, I love Zombies, and I loved the idea of RDR, so is it worth buying the Disc version of UN? For £17.99 it aint bad, but is it worth it for an add on? i.e. is there enough to call it a full game?
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a full-game: hence the reduced price.

From all the reviews I have seen, both critic reviews & user reviews, it is well worth it. Proper DLC, which will last as long, or longer, than some "full" games which cost £40-50!
  • Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    I didn't really like RDR, I found the missions to be a bit boring and tiresome and the whole travelling long distances on a horse.

HOWEVER, I love Zombies, and I loved the idea of RDR, so is it worth buying the Disc version of UN? For £17.99 it aint bad, but is it worth it for an add on? i.e. is there enough to call it a full game?

More than enough. The single player is about 6 hours long and you also have the multiplayer too.

It can be annoying when you end up out of ammo but other than that I HIGHLY recommend it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Undead Nightmare disc version contains the whole Undead Nightmare Single Player DLC, which people have reported taking around 4 to 5 hours to complete. The disc also includes the original Multiplayer from RDR along with all the released Multiplayer Packs (Legends and Killers, Liars & Cheats and Outlaws to the End) which usually cost around £7.49 each to download from the PSN.

You do get your moneys worth if that's what you want to know, currently there is a bundle on PSN, which includes all DLC for £13.99 but that requires the original RDR, so with the Disc version, not only do you get a physical copy, but the likes of new artwork, etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Undead Nightmare disc version contains the whole Undead Nightmare Single Player DLC, which people have reported taking around 4 to 5 hours to complete. The disc also includes the original Multiplayer from RDR along with all the released Multiplayer Packs (Legends and Killers, Liars & Cheats and Outlaws to the End) which usually cost around £7.49 each to download from the PSN.

You do get your moneys worth if that's what you want to know, currently there is a bundle on PSN, which includes all DLC for £13.99 but that requires the original RDR, so with the Disc version, not only do you get a physical copy, but the likes of new artwork, etc.

Oh right I never knew that. I thought it was just UN and a multiplayer option. It could be worth £17.99 then. So basically I get RDR with a better story I like, and all the multiplayer options offered in RDR. Sounds like a bargain really. Although....is it actually good?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although....is it actually good?

From earlier:
    Matt D wrote: »
    From all the reviews I have seen, both critic reviews & user reviews, it is well worth it. Proper DLC, which will last as long, or longer, than some "full" games which cost £40-50!

See here too:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1130872p1.html

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/red-dead-redemption-undead-nightmare-pack/critic-reviews
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More than enough. The single player is about 6 hours long and you also have the multiplayer too.

It can be annoying when you end up out of ammo but other than that I HIGHLY recommend it.

Thats longer then most COD games which RRP at £55 :p

I'm loving Undead Nightmare though I think it was a great purchase.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Undead Nightmare is exactly the same as RDR, same sort of missions and traveling long distances on a horse. Fast travel is slightly change though.

Its is an excellent piece of DLC though, Rockstar are certainly the best developer making DLC at the moment, its one of the few DLC packages that is real value for money and not just a cheap ploy to just extract more money from you.

It took more 10hours to 100% the single player section of the undead DLC, I have had full priced games that offer less hours to complete :eek:

I hope Rockstar have more single player DLC planned as based on Undead it will be a must purchase for me.
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very tempted by this. I haven't completed the main campaign yet though ( John has been sat around a camp fire in Mexico for a couple of months now!) I heard that there are mild spoilers in the undead campaign so will hang fire till I have completed the main mission first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished this for the second time, I preferred the pacing/flow of this compared to the original story and the brooding clouds, mist and general atmosphere blew me away, not to mention the new soundtrack.

Had a few glitches along the way, not least this, genuine wtf

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1021/24126887.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does it really matter if I haven't played the original RDR? I did try it but got bored but this looks like my thing, however I heard if you haven't played the original all the way through then it kinda spoils the fun from this one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blindness wrote: »
    Had a few glitches along the way, not least this, genuine wtf

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1021/24126887.jpg

That's not a glitch, Landon Ricketts is THAT awesome he can be in two places at once, even if it's right next to himself ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok so will not playing the original RDR ruin the fun of this? Will I get UN if I haven't played RDR all the way through, and most of all, iwll it make sense?!
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok so will not playing the original RDR ruin the fun of this? Will I get UN if I haven't played RDR all the way through, and most of all, iwll it make sense?!

It works fine as a standalone story.

Its just like the GTA4 DLC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    It works fine as a standalone story.

Its just like the GTA4 DLC.

See I hated GTAIV but loved the online, so bought Episodes and loved the stories and online.

So nothin stopping me from going for it then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are references to characters etc. from the main storyline, but it works on its own.
  • Options
    grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just how easy is it to run out of ammo tho! lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grilli wrote: »
    just how easy is it to run out of ammo tho! lol.

I do fine in the single player. Each safe house has a few ammo caches nearby. If you don't give it to the survivors but do all the zombie slaying yourself you'll be fine and it's more fun that way ;)
    Best game add-on I've played I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got this game today. Loving single player, but confused by multiplayer...

You start off with a difficulty setting before then entering freeroam? How can you choose difficulty when playing against others online?!

I also don't get where the additional built in packs are, i.e. liars and cheats?? I am presuming that multiplayer is like a campaign thing, you do missions and go to certain icons on the map?? Would appreciate some help. Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got this game today. Loving single player, but confused by multiplayer...

You start off with a difficulty setting before then entering freeroam? How can you choose difficulty when playing against others online?!

I also don't get where the additional built in packs are, i.e. liars and cheats?? I am presuming that multiplayer is like a campaign thing, you do missions and go to certain icons on the map?? Would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Press Select during Free Roam, the game modes listed on that menu, the bottom ones are what would usually be DLC, so you have the Co-Op missions, Poker, Blackjack and Liars Dice will be open in Free Mode for you to join, etc, basically, it will just all appear there as normal, nothing to stand out. Skins, etc, will be in the customise zone for your character so you can choose the DLC skins from that, along with the titles, weapons, etc.

As for the difficulty, that's just for the Free roam mode, Friendly turns off Friendly Fire, so other players can't kill you (Good for doing Gang Hide Outs), Normal means they can damage you and the target style is semi-lock on and Expert is the same as Normal but with Expert Targeting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Press Select during Free Roam, the game modes listed on that menu, the bottom ones are what would usually be DLC, so you have the Co-Op missions, Poker, Blackjack and Liars Dice will be open in Free Mode for you to join, etc, basically, it will just all appear there as normal, nothing to stand out. Skins, etc, will be in the customise zone for your character so you can choose the DLC skins from that, along with the titles, weapons, etc.

As for the difficulty, that's just for the Free roam mode, Friendly turns off Friendly Fire, so other players can't kill you (Good for doing Gang Hide Outs), Normal means they can damage you and the target style is semi-lock on and Expert is the same as Normal but with Expert Targeting.

Thanks Ash. I don't have that many game modes to choose from. Alot of them say Locked.

In free roam though, do I go to certain points on the map and do stuff? I take it the main point of free roam is is to earn XP to rank up, and you can earn XP by doing the modes and going to locations inf ree roam?