Issues with Lodger

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    I don't mean to overstep the mark, Jaymes, but it sounds to me like you are sexually and emotionally attracted to your lodger. That's why you're so uncomfortable with her boyfriend staying over so often. In fact, 'uncomfortable' is an understatement, him staying over (presumably making passionate love to her each night) is killing you on the inside, isn't it? Like somebody sticking a knife into you...repeatedly. She is the girl you love with every inch of your heart and soul and she is being penetrated by her douchebag boyfriend, while all you can do is cry yourself to sleep over the precious sounds of her sweet, sweet moans.

The first step is to get over your denial and admit your feelings for her to yourself and us. From there, you admit them to her. Fair heart never won fair maiden, remember. You've got to be bold, daring...you've got to take charge of the situation before it's too late!

Good luck.

Lol best advice post ever:D
  • Options
    AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean to overstep the mark, Jaymes, but it sounds to me like you are sexually and emotionally attracted to your lodger. That's why you're so uncomfortable with her boyfriend staying over so often. In fact, 'uncomfortable' is an understatement, him staying over (presumably making passionate love to her each night) is killing you on the inside, isn't it? Like somebody sticking a knife into you...repeatedly. She is the girl you love with every inch of your heart and soul and she is being penetrated by her douchebag boyfriend, while all you can do is cry yourself to sleep over the precious sounds of her sweet, sweet moans.

The first step is to get over your denial and admit your feelings for her to yourself and us. From there, you admit them to her. Fair heart never won fair maiden, remember. You've got to be bold, daring...you've got to take charge of the situation before it's too late!

Good luck.

Good advice - go for it OP -then maybe you can also "come alive at 2300". Remember, true love means letting eachother use the food processer whenever you want.
  • Options
    shortyknickersshortyknickers Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    it was just one of many examples that could have been used.
    were there are rules set in place when the lodger moved in?

11pm isn't that late really, is there a curfew that states any lodger must be tucked up in bed and lights off by a set time?

sounds like the OP didn't think through what having a lodger actually entails. happy to take their money, but not happy for lodger to have their own life ??

It is common for people who work to get up around 7, 7.30am so whilst the lodger might not be expected to be "tucked up lights out" BY 11PM I'd be bloody cross if they chose to start cooking and making a noise at that time of night.
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you live in the property, this is not a conventional tenancy, and you have all the rights. There shouldn't be a problem in getting rid of your tenant, although it would be better to give her time to make other arrangements.

For future tenants, it might be better to draw up a formal agreement of which you both sign a copy ("House/Flat Share Agreement (For a Room in a Furnished House or Flat – Resident Owner)".)

You can then put in as many conditions as you like, including putting restrictions on whether visitors can stay overnight.

(You might like to insist on work references and such as well, although I've never bothered with these with any of my tenants.)
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean to overstep the mark,..

So how's the comedy career going then ?. Many gigs ?.

No ?. Didn't think so ..
  • Options
    jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rozafa wrote: »
    Lol best advice post ever:D

Not. :D