Comic Newb needing help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
Forum Member
I am wanting to start to read comics and have been looking but dont know where to start.

I have looking at the superman and batman series but they seem to be always in the middle of storys.

can any suggest where to start?

plus I have seen buffy comics are they any good?

I like

superman
Batman
superman/batman

Comments

• StuBStuB Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most writers give a decent recap of the main plot points as a part of the ongoing story - the good ones do this seamlessly, the less good in an obvious way :)

So my advice would be to dive right in there and start reading whichever series take your fancy. I did this many years ago with the Reign of the Supermen storyline and after a few issues you should have caught up.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spike305 wrote: »

plus I have seen buffy comics are they any good?

My sister has bought every one of the current series and likes them though reviews I have seen paint it as being a little hit or miss...
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    re: Batman.

Since recent months have seen the death of Batman and the start of a number of new Batman titles if you're wanting to 'join the fun' it might just be the ideal time. With a bit of eBaying you should (fingers crossed) be able to fill in the gaps.

( though personally I can't stand this current Bruce is dead storyline mega-arc and have been seriously considering giving up all my bat-titles ).

I guess you could always wait until the return of Bruce Wayne before you start :)

As for the Batman/Superman comic, well it's stories aren't 'bound' by the current "bruce is gone" storyline so you should be able to jump in there right now.