Vicky Beckham at the Viva Forever premiere

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Soo umfortable looking at they pic Victoria should not of bothered turning up she looks board shitless time to ditch her from the band the other girls genuinely look happy to be there so posh piss off!
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Is she stuck in one position? Every time I see her she seems to be standing in the same pose.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I like VB, I do, and my default mode is to defend her on here for not smiling etc etc etc, but for the love of God, can she not just chill and have a laugh for one bloody evening?? Talk about pissing on everyone else's chips.

I agree Lexi. I've always defended her in the past but it wouldn't kill her to just pretend she was having a laugh for an hour.

Completely not OT but how much does Brooklyn look like David now?
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell is it with that smacked-bum face she's doing? Well, I suppose she may have heard just how bad the show is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Maybe she's going for the tortured artist look (her art being, a fashion designer now?) and doesn't want to be seen as just one of the girls, messing about, being silly. Then again if you look back at the Spice Girls when they first started out and throughout their career, she was always a bit standoffish. What was a little more than odd though was after the latest get together, she tweeted a picture of her and Simon Fuller instead of her and the girls.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She just doesn't want to be there, which is fair enough, it's probably the case of being forced to go to a school reunion and pretend you liked all your schoolmates back in the day. People move on. She obviously has, the others are still stuck in 1996.

I think you have it wrong tbh.

I'm another one who has defended her in the past but its now clear that Its Vicky who is stuck in 1996. Whenever she meets up with the other girls she does the whole, Posh, I cannot be arsed to smile, thing. Yet all the other girls are just having fun with each other as the women they now are, while Victoria still seems to think she has to act out her Posh persona. VB just needs to let it all go and loosen herself up a bit. She is likely to earn 10 million from this musical so its not like she hasn't got reason to be happy.
    divingbboy wrote: »
    What the hell is it with that smacked-bum face she's doing? Well, I suppose she may have heard just how bad the show is.
    I've yet to read a bad review. Jennifer Saunders seems to have delivered.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    They should have started without her ...perhaps that would teach such people some manners:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Then you haven't read many reviews. All the ones I've seen have said it's very poor, with the exception of The Independent, which basically said it was merely mediocre. So bad are the reviews in general that people are actually trading 'classic' quotes on twitter and whatsonstage.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Quentin Letts ...

"Spicy? No, it's a prize Christmas turkey"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/reviews/article-2246712/Viva-Forever-review-Spicy-No-prize-Christmas-turkey.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Coveney: "There were black screens around the theatre entrance, as if some terrible accident was about to happen. Which, in a way, it did."

The Telegraph. Charles Spencer: I’ll tell you what I wanted, what I really, really wanted – I wanted this terrible show to stop."

One from whatsonstage:

"The best bit about the show for me was the safety curtain which has beautiful detailing in pastels and gold."
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She just doesn't want to be there, which is fair enough, it's probably the case of being forced to go to a school reunion and pretend you liked all your schoolmates back in the day. People move on. She obviously has, the others are still stuck in 1996.

She should have stopped the musical and the reunion then. That would mean no money however so doubtful:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I hear the show is a real turkey!! Must be awful for the people who have already bought tickets. Posh obviously feels the whole Spice Thingy is beneath her now she is a fashion queen. Shame she has to look absolutely miserable, all the time. No doubt Posh will be happy to get all the money from the show but could not even sit with the other members of the Spice Girls. I guess she was forced to attend!!
  • x_Toots_xx_Toots_x Posts: 241
    Forum Member

I agree with this. She's almost stuck between a rock and a hard place. She may want to move on but if she refuses to attend these things then she will get slated so she attends, reluctantly, and gets slated. She can't win.

I know that there are places I have worked where I wouldn't want to go back.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Just seen pics of Victoria. Hilarous. She must be SUCH FUN to know. I bet the other girls were absolutely FURIOUS!!! Of course she had to bring David Beckham with her, unlike all the other girls who were not photographed with their partners, or don't they have partner! I know Mel has that awful Belefone guy, surprised he was not milking the publicity for all it was worth!!!!
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of us truly know what went on in that band. I can imagine it to have been seriously bitchy at times, especially with Mel B and her loud mouth. I know there's hatred for Victoria in here but none of us know what happened. She looks really uncomfortable to me
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She couldn't make it more obvious, could she??

The others all have children, husbands, partners, etc. but they didn't bring them along because it wasn't the occasion for that.

Victoria thinks of herself as being beyond the Spice Girls now. If there is one thing that can eclipse them it's 'Brand Beckham', so she's just trying to prove a point.

Does she ever smile??! It's pretty much two fingers up to the rest of the girls and the whole thing in general.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there is more to it than her just being moody.

Seems to be sadness in her eyes, and she is so so thin and unhealthy looking. I don't think she has a very happy life.

I actually feel sorry for her, don't know what it is but I don't think her awkwardness at these spice girls things are just down to her.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    :D I know she's going for the edgy, serious fashion designer look but she looked quite silly IMO. Was alright outside but up on stage, hand on hip, jacket slung round shoulders and all the other girls in their dresses, she just looked very forced & odd.

She was there to model and promote the plum jacket and white shirt from her clothing range rather than the Spice Girls musical, hence the forced oddness. She's on the catwalk, not celebrating the opening of a West End pop musical.

Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree Lexi. I've always defended her in the past but it wouldn't kill her to just pretend she was having a laugh for an hour.
    ?

I think in my time on DS, I've defended every woman from Jade Goody to Samantha Brick but I've never found anything about VB that has made me want to defend her. Her rampant narcissism and relentless po-faced ambition, dimissal of her music career (apart from when it promotes her current career) just leave me absolutely cold. She's sprogged with a footballer and made a lot of money working hard with virtually no talent...which puts her on the same category as Jordan but with millionaire parents :eek::D as well as dragging her kids out every so often to remind us all what a wonderful family they are - which makes her a sort of stylish Peter Andre (and can hear FMs seething from here lol :D).

(Sorry Blondie..off on a slight tangent now :o )So many defence points that I read in forums make me laugh also. "She's a great mum" - how have you deciphered that when she's seemingly always in an airport and I've never, ever seen her with a baby bag? "She's left the Spice Girls behind" - clearly she hasn't - this year she's done nothing except Spice girls, Spice Girls, Spice Girls. I despised the way the Beckhams dominated the Olympics like unofficial royalty and I feel like the press are in a collective coma when it comes to the untouchable Beckhams..which feels very false now. And my personal favourite "You either get Victoria or you don't" - a sort of threat which implies that only intelligent people understand Victoria Beckham and if you don't your stupid. Saints alive.:rolleyes: They're vain, rude, wealth and power driven egotists. I find them quite depressing, joyless, dead-eyed and soulless and every week they give me a reason to reinforce that opinion. Meh.

Rant over :o
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    She couldn't make it more obvious, could she??

The others all have children, husbands, partners, etc. but they didn't bring them along because it wasn't the occasion for that.

Victoria thinks of herself as being beyond the Spice Girls now. If there is one thing that can eclipse them it's 'Brand Beckham', so she's just trying to prove a point.

Does she ever smile??! It's pretty much two fingers up to the rest of the girls and the whole thing in general.

Mel B's husband, daughters and step-daughter were there as they were photographed separately and Emma's partner and eldest son was there also. The girls just arrived separately from them which is fair enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VB is ****ing flawless sure she looks miserable that aside, i don`t get the hate for her she`s hilarious i guess you either get her or you don`t
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to get over herself really - would it really have been too much trouble to plaster a smile on her face and look as though she was happy to be there? I do actually quite like VB, but it would be nice to see her smile occasionally :)

Mind you, I'd probably want to stay as far away from Geri as possible if I was her. Geri is one of the most annoying people around, and has to be the centre of attention whenever and wherever possible.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See this is more accurate.

They were silly girls that got lucky. No talent between them, all this "but Mel C can sing" is garbage, she is horrible.

True. I do quite like Victoria and Emma - they seem nice people (VB looks miserable as sin in photos, but in interviews she comes across as a pleasant woman), but the whole group doesn't have much talent between them.

And I thought it was just me who doesn't rate Mel C's singing. She can hold a note, but her voice is very harsh and shrill - like fingernails down a blackboard.
    I don't know what's more laughable, Geri's desperate attempts to hog the limelight or Posh's obvious reluctance to be associated with the band that made her famous.

I think, on this occasion, Geri wins - I'd feel sorry for if I didn't find her so annoyingly irritating. Pathetic creature :o

Geri would always win this contest. She is pathetic really.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was there to model and promote the plum jacket and white shirt from her clothing range rather than the Spice Girls musical, hence the forced oddness. She's on the catwalk, not celebrating the opening of a West End pop musical.

I think in my time on DS, I've defended every woman from Jade Goody to Samantha Brick but I've never found anything about VB that has made me want to defend her. Her rampant narcissism and relentless po-faced ambition, dimissal of her music career (apart from when it promotes her current career) just leave me absolutely cold. She's sprogged with a footballer and made a lot of money working hard with virtually no talent...which puts her on the same category as Jordan but with millionaire parents :eek::D as well as dragging her kids out every so often to remind us all what a wonderful family they are - which makes her a sort of stylish Peter Andre (and can hear FMs seething from here lol :D).

(Sorry Blondie..off on a slight tangent now :o )So many defence points that I read in forums make me laugh also. "She's a great mum" - how have you deciphered that when she's seemingly always in an airport and I've never, ever seen her with a baby bag? "She's left the Spice Girls behind" - clearly she hasn't - this year she's done nothing except Spice girls, Spice Girls, Spice Girls. I despised the way the Beckhams dominated the Olympics like unofficial royalty and I feel like the press are in a collective coma when it comes to the untouchable Beckhams. They're vain, rude, wealth and power driven egotists. I find them quite depressing, joyless, dead-eyed and soulless and every week they give me a reason to reinforce that opinion. Meh.

Rant over :o

Top post! I agree with everything you say :)

The pair of them are nothing but blatant money grabbers, motivated by nothing but greed and what's in it for them.
    I was also disgusted by their intrusion at the Olympics, above all seeing as the Beckhams only come to the UK when there's either Brand Beckham to promote or cash to be made.... I wonder when either of them last paid any tax here?

Neither Beckham looks genuinely happy, both are proof money doesn't buy you happiness even if both of them love bling as much as life itself. Sad really :(
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see Jennifer Saunders' interview on London Tonight yesterday? She came across quite fake and desperate about this play. Slightly off-topic I know sorry, but I was surprised by this interview
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As childish as I sound, I am a bit gutted that Victoria did not arrive with the girls.

Love the 4 of them together though.