The BIG Reunion - Series 2!! - Dream Acts

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    As much as I would personally LOVE to see a bill full of random 90's poptarts who had minimal success; the show NEEDS names that had number 1's and are recognizable to the general public. I'm not sure there is MUCH potential and interesting to note, that most of the leftovers are actually URBAN acts!

East 17 (rivalry with TT, had number 1's)
    Eternal (Huge number 1 with Bebe Winans, Louise fallout, married a member of boyzone, was sister in law with B*witched twins...)

All Saints: Genuinely BIG songs, plenty of hits. Never Ever is an EPic song as is pure shores etc. Big story behind them. They would be KEY to the success of another series.

Cleopatra- signed by madonna, had controlling mother, one of them had a couple of babies for an xfactor fame hungry wannabe who turned out to be gay, wrote their own songs and had at least 3 very recognizable top 3 hits (commin atcha, life aint easy,I want you back)

Another Level- had a number 1 (freak me), a few other top 10's including from the heart (notting hill OST), bomb diggy, be alone no more. One of them dated Katie price, another one of them had a break down, Bobak...all want to be famous again.

----
    They are the only big names I can think of, and most of the aren't even THAT big.

S club 7 have reformed as a 3 piece and they are all obese, rough and personally, I don't want to see that!

I'd like BBMAK, they were big in America, really talented and had good songs like Back here, still on your side, one of them dated Mariama from the honeyz, they supported Britney/one may have dated her too...but, they're unknown here.

Damage would be interesting, I love Ghetto romance, and they had a minor hit with Clapton's Wonderful Tonight, but even a relationship with Baby spice isn't enough to make p for the fact that no one knows their tunes!

Busted are a possibility but Charlie wouldn't do it!

A1 are possible too, but the songs aren't there to back them up. Even their number one is barely memorable.

Ace of Base would be EPIC in my opinion, there's a band with a SHED load of massive songs that people would recognize before they'd even recgnise the band.

I'd love Solid Harmonie, with Mariama and Precious with Jenny Frost but no one knows their top 20 songs, and Im probably the only perspn who had both albums! ha

A final, 'might be interesting' band are Mn8, "Ive got a littlesomething for you" was a huge number one, and they pretty much started an entire new trend. Plus they are British!
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why so many people are saying that Eternal should only do it if Louise is involved. She was only on the first album, only in the band for a year, and only had (part) lead vocals on one song 'Crazy' which was the lowest charting single on the album. Eternal continued with mega success once she had left the band so I don't see a problem with it just being Easther, Vernie and Kelle.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    S Club 7!!!!!
    Mis-Teeq
    Hear'Say
    Big Brovaz
    Vengaboys
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    after sat night takeaway - pj and Duncan/ ant and dec !!
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love...

Busted - Just yes...they're awesome
    A1 - I was saying tonight how gutted I was they weren't on this series
    AllStars
    N*Sync - Nobody liked these except me when I was in school!
    O-Town - All or Nothing was one of my favourite songs growing up
    Point Break!
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Chemical Romance!!
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    LOL! Just lol at the thought of Charlie even THINKING of saying yes to re-joining the Legend that was Busted.

They'd have to do a 5ive- sorry, 4our, and just either try and find someone to replace Charlie, or just go on as the two of them...which would suck to be honest.

Busted need Charlie and Charlie aint ever coming back! He doesn't want/need the money or exposure. He's very happy where he is in his life now :)
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    21st Century Girls want their invite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWIiyRPCc78
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another level
    Eternal
    Damage
    All saints
    Mis-Teeq
    Cleopara
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,442
    Forum Member
    Let Loose
    Anyone remember Bad Boys Inc?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL! Just lol at the thought of Charlie even THINKING of saying yes to re-joining the Legend that was Busted.

They'd have to do a 5ive- sorry, 4our, and just either try and find someone to replace Charlie, or just go on as the two of them...which would suck to be honest.

Busted need Charlie and Charlie aint ever coming back! He doesn't want/need the money or exposure. He's very happy where he is in his life now :)

..and where is he?
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zummigummi wrote: »
    21st Century Girls

Wasn't their only hit a song of the same name?
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Musick1 wrote: »
    ..and where is he?

Tracking his next album in a recording studio in Wales.
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eternal
    Mis-Teeq
    All Saints
    Another Level
    East 17
    S Club 7

At least three of these have history of arguments and fights. I'm sure things with S Club 7 weren't as easy either and Another Level probably had problems with the focus on Dane mostly. Mis-Teeq will probably be the Liberty X of the series as they all still get on as far as I know.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I think I would like the next series to be 'The Big Revival'

acts this time around were in it for the tour experience/momment/or current self publicity.... with many of the few acts wishing to persue a future carrer .... enjoyable but short livid ....

So maybe the next step is to enable the platform for past bands/acts to reconnect with the public .... each releasing a new single (available for download) and a one off live showcase.

My top suggestions would be: (I have gone for pure variety)

Eternal
    Bananarama
    Betty Boo
    Tasmin Archer
    Neneh Cherry
    S Club 7
    Dee-Lite
    All Saints
    Misteeq
    Busted
    Hear`say
    Gabrielle
    Bangles
    Damian
    Shed 7
    The Bluetones
    Soul ii Soul
    Savage Garden
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cfc86 wrote: »
    Eternal
    Mis-Teeq
    All Saints
    Another Level
    East 17
    S Club 7

At least three of these have history of arguments and fights. I'm sure things with S Club 7 weren't as easy either and Another Level probably had problems with the focus on Dane mostly. Mis-Teeq will probably be the Liberty X of the series as they all still get on as far as I know.

This.....
    Forum Member
    ok still thinking .... 'the Big Revival'

7 acts:

1. Soul Singer (s) - Tasmin Archer or Gabrielle or Soul ii Soul
    2. Boy Band - BB Mack or Another Level or East 17
    3. 80s Super Star - Rick Astley, Cutlure Club or Yazz or Bananarama
    4. Girl Band - Eternal or Salt n Pepa or
    5. Rock Pop Band - Savage Garden or Busted or The Corrs
    6. Male Pop Star: Lydnen David Hall, Lemar or Craig David or David Gray
    7. Female Pop Star: Geri Halliwell or Betty Boo or Lisa Stansfield
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think (may be wrong) that East 17 members Brain Harvey and Tony Mortimer genuinely hated each other at times?

They would bring real drama to TBR2!
  • Supera MorasSupera Moras Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    babinaba wrote: »
    Let Loose
    Anyone remember Bad Boys Inc?

Bad Boys Inc - yes! I was trying to remember their name throughout this thread.They had a few hits right before the Boyzone/Backstreet Boys era and they were all really cute, I'd love to see what they all look like now.

And Let Loose - Crazy For You was a huge hit in the early 90's!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fast Food Rockers?? LMAO!!!

http://youtu.be/_pgPq4FGWfk

Nah!! .... I wouldn't wanna see it either!! :)
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok still thinking .... 'the Big Revival'

6. Male Pop Star: Lydnen David Hall

Erm....that can't happen, he's dead.
    Forum Member
    seriously - omg ... how sad .... i didnt know :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Big Brovaz might b doing Series 2. Guess I was right :P
    (I also wouldn't be surprised if tv execs read these threads)
  • Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Code Red
    Fast Food Rockers
    MN8
    Northern Line
    Ultimate Kaos
    The Cheeky Girls
    Bros
    Robson and Jerome
    G4