Options

Tea or Coffee

Comments

• Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    *looks around*
    have to say i'm a bit disappointed i thought there'd BE tea or coffee and maybe a sandwich or a bit of cake...*sigh*
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    I have both. Depends what i feel like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I prefer Tea. Coffee tastes bitter.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Lil_M wrote: »
    What is your morning brew?
    Special.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tea.

I don't digest Coffee well, first thing in the morning. Though, I still prefer Tea. Saying that, i'am getting bored of Tea. I'm looking for alternatives.
  • Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't like either of them.
  • Options
    sej17sej17 Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Tea- made properly in a teapot- never, ever, made in a mug. Has to be brewed for 10 minutes.

Me too.
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Instant coffee. Never found that the aroma of fresh coffee is matched in the delivery of the taste experience. And I can't be doing with kitchen coffee gadgets that require replacement cartridges, - I have enough hassle keeping the printer stocked with toner.
  • Options
    Hut27Hut27 Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TEA and only loose tea will do, no Tea Bags full of dust. I have a small teapot and use an old fashioned teastrainer.
    When in Army it was no good saying "No Sugar" as all tea was served ready made in huge Tea Urn with Milk and Sugar already in. Coffee was unheard of, the Army marched on Tea.
    Tea issued to Guard Room for Overnight Duty was Tea Leaves ,Milk Powder and Sugar mixed together usually in a washed out Fruit Tin. Any left over was gratefully kept for us Policemen to have during the day. I thought we were the inventors of Tea Bags, as we used to use this Tea Mixture dipped and strained using a Bandage out of the First Aid Kit kept in the Guardroom. It was only by looking it up years later on my PC that I found out teabags were invented many years before I was protecting you and yours whilst doing my bit "Fighting For Queen and Country" at the Army School Of Education.:)
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i`ve got a collection of coffee pots, presses and percolators, this thread has me window shopping.

♥ ♥ ♥
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like a coffee in the morning. Tea is also good though and has a role to play, along with a Bacon roll.
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tea. I only drink coffee after a sweet dessert.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I don't like coffee i only ever drink tea.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coffee as soon as I get out of my pit, then tea during the day which is normally Green Tea with lemon.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tea, never liked the taste of coffee.
  • Options
    HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,290
    Forum Member
    Hut27 wrote: »
    TEA and only loose tea will do, no Tea Bags full of dust. I have a small teapot and use an old fashioned teastrainer.
    When in Army it was no good saying "No Sugar" as all tea was served ready made in huge Tea Urn with Milk and Sugar already in. Coffee was unheard of, the Army marched on Tea.
    Tea issued to Guard Room for Overnight Duty was Tea Leaves ,Milk Powder and Sugar mixed together usually in a washed out Fruit Tin. Any left over was gratefully kept for us Policemen to have during the day. I thought we were the inventors of Tea Bags, as we used to use this Tea Mixture dipped and strained using a Bandage out of the First Aid Kit kept in the Guardroom. It was only by looking it up years later on my PC that I found out teabags were invented many years before I was protecting you and yours whilst doing my bit "Fighting For Queen and Country" at the Army School Of Education.:)

This reminded me of an incident some years ago when - at a place I used to work - it was break-time and everyone was making their brews. During which one guy said to another "Hey Roy, have you seen those new tea-bags with coffee in 'em?"

:D
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coffee.

Coffee.

And more coffee.

No tea. That is the drink of the Devil...lol

+1

Tea is disgusting.

I have a civil partnership with my Nespresso machine.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tea for me. I like Yorkshire, Tetley, and Earl Grey. Milk and no sugar.

I've never had coffee.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr H brings me a cup of tea in bed every morning. Once up, I have one coffee - just one all day. After that it's tea all day. If I'm just making tea for myself, I prefer loose tea in a tea-pot as it's cheaper and nicer. Put tea in before the milk. Never have sugar in either tea or coffee. Oh and it's full fat milk in coffee and semi-skimmed in tea.
  • Options
    SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    Coffee, strong, with no milk or sugar.

I'm another one who cannot stand the smell or taste of tea.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bandwagony and pretentious here ;-)
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A glass of water , I don't drink Tea or Coffee
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always coffee
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never liked tea.

Coffee I couldn't live without. I don't function without a cup first thing.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I drink both, interchangeably, with the one exception being that it's always a tea first thing, often then followed by a coffee.