Stacey's exit- too long!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Watched Stacey's exit on Eastenders last night and though it was too long an episode. If it was 30-40 mins long, it would've been tighter & made much more of an impact but instead it dragged on & on. There was a lot of overacting and stupid bits:

Stacey realised she didn't love Ryan only when she was running from the cops?! So why bother getting involved with him in the first place- it would've saved her (& us) all this shit!

Jean turning on her daughter so easily & suddenly and believing Janine...I know she had medical problems but come on!

Comments

• Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    The whole scenario is so stupid! We had Max having Christmas dinner with his ex wife who tried to bury him alive, his daughter who ran him over, his current girlfriend who hes known for about 5 minutes, (who shagged her ex husband to get him off her back) and he still found time to run and declare his love for his murderous bit on the side Stacey.

Stacey has broken up Max and Tanya's marriage, and again with Janine and Ryan. Shes killed Archie, and let her ex husband take the blame for his death. The ex husband in question died died less than 10 months ago and she was getting ready to run off with Ryan.

Janine has caused Barry's death, tried to con an old jewish man out his money, was shagging Ryan while engaged to Archie (so she shouldn't have been surprised he did it again), stabbed herself to frame stacey, and told Roxy and Ronnie about their dads killer on Christmas eve. Oh and she tried to poison Ryan too.

Ryan doesn't seem bothered both Janine and Stacey are both murderers and one has tried to kill him.

Roxy and Ronnie had their father killed, their mum pushed down the stairs, their money almost conned out of them by their fake brother Danny, Roxy's account emptied by her cousin Phil, and Ronnie's daughter squashed by Janine.

Yet they all just parade around screaming, shouting, saying stupid things while all carrying on with their day to day lives on the same street.
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacey realised she didn't love Ryan only when she was running from the cops?! So why bother getting involved with him in the first place- it would've saved her (& us) all this shit!

Jean turning on her daughter so easily & suddenly and believing Janine...I know she had medical problems but come on!

I thought it was very realistic. Her thing with Ryan wasn't really love, it was lust. She killed a man, lost the love of her life as a result and then had a baby. It's understandable that she would seek comfort in Ryan who seemed to develop feelings for her. But with Janine finding out about Archie, it was a wake up call for Stacey and she realised she needed to run and she didn't want Ryan to go with her. There's no way she could've truly loved him given everything else she was going through, and his psycho wife definitely did not help the matter. I did find the way they handled the Ryan storyline in the episode poor, but on the other hand I am completely satisfied with the outcome.

As for Jean, again it was plausible. She is bipolar and she'd just found out her daughter was a murderer (possibly a serial one), and she was back on Stacey's side once Stacey explained that Archie raped her so all was well in the end.
  • upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ea91 wrote: »
    I thought it was very realistic. Her thing with Ryan wasn't really love, it was lust. She killed a man, lost the love of her life as a result and then had a baby. It's understandable that she would seek comfort in Ryan who seemed to develop feelings for her. But with Janine finding out about Archie, it was a wake up call for Stacey and she realised she needed to run and she didn't want Ryan to go with her. There's no way she could've truly loved him given everything else she was going through, and his psycho wife definitely did not help the matter. I did find the way they handled the Ryan storyline in the episode poor, but on the other hand I am completely satisfied with the outcome.

As for Jean, again it was plausible. She is bipolar and she'd just found out her daughter was a murderer (possibly a serial one), and she was back on Stacey's side once Stacey explained that Archie raped her so all was well in the end.

This, I agree with. Where Stacey's concerned, grief makes you do funny things. In this case, she believed she waas in love, but it was a rebound thing. That doesn't mean she didn't care for Ryan, or it would have never developed into love under different circumstances.

As for Jean. Her daughter admitted to murder Not sure anyone can say "I'd have dealt with it this way" unless they were in those shoes. Allso, bear in mind Stacey's reactions to Ryan during her manic episode when she accussed Ryan of murdering Trina. Jean thought she was doing what was best.
  • Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    How was it too long? It was fast paced and well acted. I didn't blink for the whole 60 mins.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I thought it was great, even made me like Stacey for the first time in years.
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can I ask, can someone bullet point how Stacey left as the main sight doesn't really give a detailed synopsis of yesterdays episode...
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a great 60mins.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can I ask, can someone bullet point how Stacey left as the main sight doesn't really give a detailed synopsis of yesterdays episode...

Nobody believed Janine's claims on Xmas Eve, so she stabbed herself and accused Stacey of doing it. Jean found her, believed her story and called the police.

Stacey was going to kill herself, but Max stopped her. She then dumped Ryan, and was cornered by Ronnie and Roxy, and admitted to killing their dad. Roxy wanted to nail her, but Ronnie let her run away. Jean and Stacey made up before she left.

Max helped her escape to the airport, and wanted to go with her, but Stacey turned him down, and she managed to get out of the country. She was last seen on the plane with Lily.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Max helped her escape to the airport, and wanted to go with her, but Stacey turned him down, and she managed to get out of the country. She was last seen on the plane with Lily.

well considering they are hoping Lacey will return 1 day it'd be quite hard to bring her back without her going to prison for murder, I guess they'd do a combination of Sam's return and Tracey Barlow's return.

Although maybe Lacey will become a major player outside of EE, think she'd be good in Dr Who as his next assistant as and when
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well considering they are hoping Lacey will return 1 day it'd be quite hard to bring her back without her going to prison for murder, I guess they'd do a combination of Sam's return and Tracey Barlow's return.

Although maybe Lacey will become a major player outside of EE, think she'd be good in Dr Who as his next assistant as and when

That's what I said too. If she had just left after Janine's claims it'd have been believable for her to come back, but now she's on the run for attempted murder, not a murder with no proof.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They can get out of it as she wasn't being sought in connection with Archie's murder but for attempted murder of Janine which I imagine could be disproved if they wanted with DNA evidence on the knife - which will probably only have Janine's fingerprints.

I don't think she'll be back for a while though - she should be fairly in demand as she's a great young actress. Will be interesting to see what she does next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    That's what I said too. If she had just left after Janine's claims it'd have been believable for her to come back, but now she's on the run for attempted murder, not a murder with no proof.

I suspect the truth will out and that'll be the final nail in the coffin of janine & Ryan's marriage
  • sazwilkiesazwilkie Posts: 9,686
    Forum Member
    The whole scenario is so stupid! We had Max having Christmas dinner with his ex wife who tried to bury him alive, his daughter who ran him over, his current girlfriend who hes known for about 5 minutes, (who shagged her ex husband to get him off her back) and he still found time to run and declare his love for his murderous bit on the side Stacey.

This bit just made me laugh!! I love EE but reading it like this makes me think 'Only in Albert Square!'
  • ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stacey has broken up Max and Tanya's marriage, and again with Janine and Ryan. Shes killed Archie, and let her ex husband take the blame for his death. The ex husband in question died died less than 10 months ago and she was getting ready to run off with Ryan.

Janine has caused Barry's death, tried to con an old jewish man out his money, was shagging Ryan while engaged to Archie (so she shouldn't have been surprised he did it again), stabbed herself to frame stacey, and told Roxy and Ronnie about their dads killer on Christmas eve. Oh and she tried to poison Ryan too.

Ryan doesn't seem bothered both Janine and Stacey are both murderers and one has tried to kill him.

Roxy and Ronnie had their father killed, their mum pushed down the stairs, their money almost conned out of them by their fake brother Danny, Roxy's account emptied by her cousin Phil, and Ronnie's daughter squashed by Janine.

Yet they all just parade around screaming, shouting, saying stupid things while all carrying on with their day to day lives on the same street.

Best post in this thread, brings the whole shenanigans to a head. Who else is buying into this crap storyline :rolleyes:
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a way Stacey's exit was unrealistic. London City Airport is not normally open on Saturday afternoons or evenings and is unlikely to have been open yesterday. While Stacey and Max were saying goodbye we twice saw a bus, which would not have been runnig yesterday.

I don't often watch EastEnders but I liked Stacey best of this year's cast. I may well never get round to watching it next year now.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    They can get out of it as she wasn't being sought in connection with Archie's murder but for attempted murder of Janine which I imagine could be disproved if they wanted with DNA evidence on the knife - which will probably only have Janine's fingerprints.

I don't think she'll be back for a while though - she should be fairly in demand as she's a great young actress. Will be interesting to see what she does next.

Isn't that why she put it in Stacey's hands?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a way Stacey's exit was unrealistic. London City Airport is not normally open on Saturday afternoons or evenings and is unlikely to have been open yesterday. While Stacey and Max were saying goodbye we twice saw a bus, which would not have been runnig yesterday.

I don't often watch EastEnders but I liked Stacey best of this year's cast. I may well never get round to watching it next year now.

I think there's dramatic license for airports to be interchangeable in events like this. We're not really meant to care about which airport it is, we're just meant to know that she's at an airport.

Nobody outside of London probably had no idea which airport it was anyway.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soaps have improbable storylines....surely not, ie where can you get on a plane on Christmas Day without booking. Nobody watches a Soap believing the storylines. Its just entertainment. Do you believe James Bonds films are realistic? does that stop you watching?