Options

European holiday recomendations?

Mel1314Mel1314 Posts: 2,669
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Me and some friends are looking into going abroad around December time, preferably somewhere in Europe that will be warm around then.

I know I could find stuff just searching online but I don't really know where to start! We're all 19 years old, so want somewhere with good nightlife, not just clubs, but restaurants/pubs too. Does anyone have any good suggestions on where would be nice around December? Preferably not too expensive either :)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Canary islands are good for winter sun and classed as peak season, got a few islands to pick from.
  • Options
    ladyloulouladyloulou Posts: 7,932
    Forum Member
    Mel1314 wrote: »
    Me and some friends are looking into going abroad around December time, preferably somewhere in Europe that will be warm around then.

I know I could find stuff just searching online but I don't really know where to start! We're all 19 years old, so want somewhere with good nightlife, not just clubs, but restaurants/pubs too. Does anyone have any good suggestions on where would be nice around December? Preferably not too expensive either :)

Thanks in advance.
    I have done cyprus in January and it was lovely & sunny warm but not too hot, the canary islands would be the hottest at that time of the year but if you want cheap you would have to go at the very beginning of Dec before everyone starts the xmas rush!
  • Options
    BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Mel1314 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

How warm do you want? If you're talking sunbathing weather then the Canaries are your only choice.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep Canaries is your best bet.

Do not go to Playa Blanca in Lanzarote though - it's a lovely resort but very low key and not the right place for a bunch of 19 year olds after nightlife :eek:

Maybe try Gran Canaria or Tenerife
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Any sizeable town/resort around the southern or western European coastal areas should be potentially ok, but be prepared for a fair amount of rain, so plan to go to somewhere where there is plenty to do indoors during the day.

As said, the Canary Islands would be a good idea, but don't go over the Christmas period if you want the cheapest prices.

It might be a good idea to get out a map of Europe and look for average temperatures in various places during December.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know a few folk going to lanzarote at that time and say its fabby
  • Options
    Mel1314Mel1314 Posts: 2,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the suggestions :) Will definitely look into all of them!
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    its not in europe but have you thought about the gambia?

6 hour flight time and its lovely and hot, their high season starts in november

I had a lovely holiday there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of all-inclusive offers in Malta, should be hot and sunny that time of year.....
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    shmisk wrote: »
    its not in europe but have you thought about the gambia?

6 hour flight time and its lovely and hot, their high season starts in november

I had a lovely holiday there!

But very humid apparently, according to one person I know who went there. However, that may depend on which part of the country you go to.
  • Options
    BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    The Mc wrote: »
    Plenty of all-inclusive offers in Malta, should be hot and sunny that time of year.....

Malta will not be hot in December unless you count 17C as being hot. Plus they get more rainfall than London in December.