Options

Xmas Decorations

speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can't believe the chip shop in town already has all its xmas decs up. Surely Dec 1st would be too early!

Comments

• Options
    AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    December 1st is when I put my decorations up.
  • Options
    and101and101 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine go up a week before Christmas and come down 12 days after Christmas. Some people in the street put theirs up mid November.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    speigel wrote: »
    Can't believe the chip shop in town already has all its xmas decs up. Surely Dec 1st would be too early!

I agree; decorations/lights/etc. should not be put up before December 1 each year and they should come down on January 6. Having Christmas overdone as a long, over the top season actually spoils things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    Mine go up second week of Dec and come down the 6th jan
  • Options
    NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DFS have a sale on all fecking year

Ignore dumbass retailers
  • Options
    Oblido2007Oblido2007 Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice last night that our neighbour had theirs up!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't be putting any decorations up this year.

...because I'll be staying over my sisters.
  • Options
    NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My tree (the only decorations I have) goes up 2 weekends before Christmas & comes down on Boxing Day evening.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I've seen two houses with decorations up today, mine don't go up until 1st December, not long to wait!
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Save all the bother...mine don't come down.
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we will put up 3 trees on the 1st of December. I put the trees up & fiddles with the lights and the wife decorates them.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    December 1st is when I put my decorations up.

Same here, but maybe a day later if I'm busy on the 1st.
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't bother with decorations. It seems obscenely early to be putting them up now but then it still feels like its October to me. Can't believe we're 6 weeks away from Christmas.
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine go up every year on the 7th Dec, my eldest daughters birthday. They come down again new years day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Nashville shops have had decorations up since the beginning of November! And in the street too. I'm already sick of seeing them everywhere....
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Roy Wood out of Wizzard and I have my chrissie decoes up all year round. I also never go to work.
    And I'm praying that Operation Yewtree doesn't ask me why Ayshea Brough was dressed as a schoolgirl for much of the mid-70s.
  • Options
    DMN1968DMN1968 Posts: 2,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put our chavvy lights up outside about this time of year whilst it is still pleasant to go up a ladder. However I do not let my wife turn them on until 1st December. The rest of the decorations go up usually when I finish work for Xmas - usually about two Fridays before Xmas day.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    My brother has his up in his bedroom already the rest of the house will go up in about 10 days
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by past years ours will go up the weekend of the 14/12 and come down the weekend 4/1. We have a real tree and tinsel is banned. I really hate tinsel, especially when it is draped over a picture hanging on a wall.

I have a relative who puts theirs up in early November and takes them down on boxing day. Boxing day! The festive period has only started.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Northerly wrote: »
    DFS have a sale on all fecking year

Ignore dumbass retailers

Not true. They don't have a sale on February 29th except once every four years! They don't have a sale on Xmas Day either - though, to be fair to them, they will open at one minute past midnight on Dec 26th if they think some mug will go in and buy their rubbish.
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    will be the 1st for our house and our daughter is doing it as she's fussy and has to do it all right..our village put up the street decorations before halloween..they've not been switched on yet