The Keith Lemon Sketch Show (ITV 2 Thursdays 10pm)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personal opinion obviously but Bo Selecta is one of the great sketch shows I can remember. His MJ and Craig David characters were brilliant.

Totally agree. I thought Bo S was brilliant. In this new one the impressions/costumes are funnier than the material.

As all the so-called sketches are so short, the purpose of the show seems to be just to show off the aforementioned impressions/costumes. But they are good. I'll stick with it as personally 'Celebrity Juice' turned a bit sour for me ages ago. Pretty rubbish now.
  • girojimgirojim Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like Bo Selecta it's a bit hit and miss but I did laugh like a drain at Denise and David Dickenson. My expectations were low but I was pleasantly surprised how funny it was. The Ed Sheeran sketch was very much like 'the big train' sketch about Prince.
  • EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see the appeal on the whole. It's just typical Keith. It's not 'funny' in a stand-up or comedic way, because it's not clever. It's just him messing about as always. I liked the David Dickinson sketch, but the rest didn't appeal to me at all. :( Big let down!
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The celebs really dampen this down. But mainly the material isn't good enough.

Won't watch again.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get around to watching it this afternoon. Rather painful viewing so won't be watching it again.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I loved Bo Selecta (series 1 and 2 anyway, Im not mental), and thought this was great too! Ive clearly not grown up in the last 12 years...
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Managed to get around to watching it this afternoon. Rather painful viewing so won't be watching it again.

getting low ratings, or not.. Leigh Francis will be laughing all the way to the bank.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it stupid and cringeworthy...but I laugh in a few places!
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does Denise's monotonous, patronising voice very well.
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the This Morning sketch was hilarious.

When Holly's tits were fully exposed, I was literally in fits of laughter.

Having said that, I didn't find the Schofield twitter troll or Ed Sheeran funny
  • OmlOml Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    It was hit and miss but I was really laughing at when Harry met Sally (I'm so childish)
    I liked his David Dickinson and Ant and Dec. he seemed to cover a lot of characters in this show so I think it might get repetitive.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    Loved it, especially the Mark Wright bit for some reason.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it especially Phillip Schofield going off on one at the troll. Denise Robertson was brilliant and liked the One Direction spoof.

Only one I didn't like was Ant & Dec just came across really creepy in that sketch.
  • daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    With any luck Leigh Francis will eventually cease to be a producers favourite and return to obscurity....
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daicoll wrote: »
    With any luck Leigh Francis will eventually cease to be a producers favourite and return to obscurity....

With any luck maybe you will too :p
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I loved it especially Phillip Schofield going off on one at the troll. Denise Robertson was brilliant and liked the One Direction spoof.

Only one I didn't like was Ant & Dec just came across really creepy in that sketch.

Loved it all especially Ant n dec.
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise from This Morning was practically perfect. I'd put a bit of vinegar on it, pet. I was rolling around on the floor already but almost burst when Holly Willoughbooby's boobs started peeking out.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    daicoll wrote: »

Producers favourite? How do you figure that out? He gets work because his shows get good ratings, no other reason.
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it repeated?
  • AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    Is it repeated?

ITV2 at 23;35 tomorrow
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loved it, especially the Mark Wright bit for some reason.

That was my favourite too, although I am not sure why.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    He does Denise's monotonous, patronising voice very well.

put some vinegar on it, pet was very funny.
    Caught up with the repeat on Sunday Night. The Kardashians and One direction sketches worked as I despise them more than being brilliant comedy.

David Dickinson was amusing.
    Urban Fox was in Noel Fielding territory, not good.
    The undateable sketch as above but slightly better. His Sketch with Paddy McGuiness was irritating. As it had McGuiness in it.

So a mixed bag , but there are no daft sketch shows around at the minute. So will keep watching.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the fox and the Kardashians
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shed.

I also loved Bruce Jenner with cling film on his face
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Bo Selecta and can't stand the Keith Lemon charecter but gave this a go, it was OK in bits with some genuine laugh out loud moments but I can see it getting very boring very quickly.

One more major annoyance, why not the "Leigh Francis sketch show" instead of the the Keith Lemon show. (OK thats a rhetorical question as we all know why!) but it does annoy me that some people think that Keith Lemon is a real person and not another persona for Leigh Francis just as Avid Merrion was!.

Rant over :D