Kate Bush - Before The Dawn

Comments

• Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the DVD is soon, as in this year.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predict late this year. Will be a best seller for xmas.
  • day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumours on a Kate Bush forum I frequent suggest a September release. Take it with a pinch of salt but it sounds plausible enough given how Kate often releases her work in the autumn.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's hope so. My theory is she's wanted to add more creative content to what the viewer sees.. so whilst they see the performance there is perhaps also some animation work and visual art stuff going on too. So it's a sort of mixture of a live performance and visual art on the screen. i could be completely wrong however. :) I just hope she releases something. I'm ready to throw money at it.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this and thought it was out! :(
  • sparks_1sparks_1 Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes a real talent. Something different. Shame more modern day artists don't have her
    uniqueness
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine the DVD and a new album!
  • pubeypubey Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    still get chills thinking about this gig, and I'm not even a massive KB fan. Cannot wait for the DVD.
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pubey wrote: »
    still get chills thinking about this gig, and I'm not even a massive KB fan. Cannot wait for the DVD.

Whispers from the not-quite-inner-circle are saying late autumn.

Then again, my Nan is saying she's doing salmon pie on Sunday so what do I know?
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think Kate knows the amount of interest in this? I wish she was a bit more informative sometimes. Even a little info would shut people up for a while.
  • max_garfieldmax_garfield Posts: 3,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the CD next week!

Out of interest, does anyone know if the 'live' album was recorded live with the audience or a recorded version Kate did without the audience?

I ask because from her interview on the BBC, it sounded to me like she had recorded the DVD but not with the audience there, so I wondered if this was the same case with the CD?
  • Donald TrumpsDonald Trumps Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    The audience were there. She said they recorded it but didn't have any cameras on the stage itself, as that would have ruined it for the paying punters.

No DVD forthcoming anyway.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone said on another forum, we should feel lucky we're getting anything at all.
  • RoesiaRoesia Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    She has released the video footage filmed for And Dream Of Sheep. It's on her official Facebook page, go and see! :)

As much as I'd have loved a DVD, I am very much excited about the album. Previews so far sound amazing. Roll on Friday!
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if and when its going to be available on Spotify / Apple Music?

If not, I'll buy it, but if it is, I don't want to buy it only for it to be available to stream shortly afterwards.

I've had a bit of a google, but couldn't see anything.
  • DavidJ28DavidJ28 Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Does anyone know if and when its going to be available on Spotify / Apple Music?

If not, I'll buy it, but if it is, I don't want to buy it only for it to be available to stream shortly afterwards.

I've had a bit of a google, but couldn't see anything.

calico_pie - I read that Kate is not releasing Before the Dawn thru ITunes or Spotify, I am sure it will be put on at some point but if you can't wait I would get the CD

If I can find the article that mentions this I will post it :)
  • PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidJ28 wrote: »
    calico_pie - I read that Kate is not releasing Before the Dawn thru ITunes or Spotify, I am sure it will be put on at some point but if you can't wait I would get the CD

I bought it on iTunes.
    Forum Member
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    I bought it on iTunes.

I shall never trust a newspaper article again lol :)

"On Friday, Dec. 2, she is releasing the live album of the show on Concord Records: more than two and a half hours of music on three CDs, four LPs or as a digital download. It will not be available via streaming services like Spotify or Apple Music, Ms. Bush’s decision. “She’s very involved in everything,” said Margi Cheske, president of the Fantasy Label Group at Concord." - from NYTimes online

Maybe just in America then?

Anyway great news it can be downloaded.

Fingers crossed for Friday
  • FraxisFraxis Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I shall never trust a newspaper article again lol :)

"On Friday, Dec. 2, she is releasing the live album of the show on Concord Records: more than two and a half hours of music on three CDs, four LPs or as a digital download. It will not be available via streaming services like Spotify or Apple Music, Ms. Bush’s decision. “She’s very involved in everything,” said Margi Cheske, president of the Fantasy Label Group at Concord." - from NYTimes online

Maybe just in America then?

Anyway great news it can be downloaded.

Fingers crossed for Friday

Apple Music isn't the same as iTunes though, hence the confusion. It's not on Apple Music.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I bit the bullet and bought it. I don't know, between keeping it off streaming services, and endorsing Theresa May, Kate has taken a dip in her standing! :)
    Forum Member
    Fraxis wrote: »
    Apple Music isn't the same as iTunes though, hence the confusion. It's not on Apple Music.

Fraxis - thank you for the info. I had no idea Apple Music wasn't ITunes.

I really shouldn't have replied in the first place, lol, as I know nothing about all this. I bought my CD from a shop on the High Street - how old fashioned.

It's great by the way :)
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just read that she admires Theresa May, so I'll have to get rid of all her albums now.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I've just read that she admires Theresa May, so I'll have to get rid of all her albums now.

Why are people so shocked??? Kate was at No10 when Camerson was PM a few times.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,171
    Forum Member
    she answered a question about a song about women in power. She replied that the song is about a fear of women in power. Journalist discussed the sad state of affairs after HC failed to be elected. She replied not necessarily as we have a PM who is female - intelligent and likeable. She likes her. That doesn't mean she is a Tory supporter just maybe admires the fact we have a female PM doing what she considers a good job after a male Tory PM.
  • francis7francis7 Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

It's only increased my undying adoration for her, if that were possible!