Gran Turismo 5

xmodz10xmodz10 Posts: 1,434
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone tired of waiting for this game to come out, I just bought Forza 3 instead

Comments

• c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope I'm waiting patiently:D

Just remember, good things come to those who wait!;)
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, looking forward to it's release in November, plenty of other games to play until then.
  • xmodz10xmodz10 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Nope, looking forward to it's release in November, plenty of other games to play until then.

when November comes they will say we still aint finished making the game and will make us wait another few months
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,714
    Forum Member
    No, because I have other things in life to care about. It'll be here when it's ready.
  • Ian KaneIan Kane Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think we'll see another game after GT5 ? Or do you think they're making the 'ultimate driving simulator' (to use their tag line) that they won't need to ? What if it doesn't sell well ? Will the GT franchise be over ?

Considering the time this has taken to make, it would be 2015 earliest by the time we see another GT and another console entirely.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it. I'll probably get this at xmas.

No, wouldnt think they'll make another GT for PS3. They'll probably wait til PS4.

Not to say they wont release DLC though
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope not tired of waiting either, the thing I am tired of this generation is games been rushed out to market quickly in a poor and unfinished state. More developer should do what PD have done and give their games the development time they need (Although maybe not announcing things as early).

I expect we will see another GT game on the PS3, probably in 2-3years, most of the car assets, track assets, sound effects, damage system, weather system (I think this one has weather effects) ect are already developed and will just require tweaking or updating so it shouldn't be too hard for them to bang out another title in a much short development period.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm feeling like I'm over GT...

I remember being amazed by the very first one, but now I find it very clinical and dull. I don't feel the excitement I used to get from it.

I hope there's a demo of the final build and I hope I find the love again, but I won't be rushing out to buy it again until I'm sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Looking forward to it. I'll probably get this at xmas.

No, wouldnt think they'll make another GT for PS3. They'll probably wait til PS4.

Not to say they wont release DLC though

I think they will make another GT when the PS4 comes out.
    Even if DLC comes out i bet it will be overpriced
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually agree with Fastest finger. I hope there is excitement in Gt5. I'm used to things like Burnout Paradise, NFS: Shift now. I realise its a "real driving simulator" but hopefully still has a little fun in it. I can drive my own car any day I want and thats boring. Most excited about the Top Gear track.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xmodz10 wrote: »
    Even if DLC comes out i bet it will be overpriced

I bet it will be over priced as well as sadly all DLC is over priced :(
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.

I was extremely lookin forward to it but Polyphony Digital have acted like buffoons about it's release. GTPSP has given me my GT fix so I'll buy this when it's dirt cheap.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it worth getting without a steering wheel? Ive got GT5: Prologue but haven't got a steering wheel so it just feels like your controlling a photo realistic bumper car with a small knob against on the rails AI.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Nope!!! Can't wait for Gran Turismo 5 to release....started playing Gran Turismo 5 Prologue again...
  • williammurwilliammur Posts: 2,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am tired of waiting, but there is no other racing game out there that comes close. So wait I will. :)
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    Is it worth getting without a steering wheel? Ive got GT5: Prologue but haven't got a steering wheel so it just feels like your controlling a photo realistic bumper car with a small knob against on the rails AI.

Yes the steering wheel will be a worthwhile purchase as GT5 prologue is loads better using one, but pick wisely as some are rubbish, Logitech make some decent ones:cool:

There was a good thread a little while ago about wheels I'll try an dig it out for you;)

Here you go
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    I'm still looking fwd to it.

I just think it's great that you can do Nascar, WRC etc too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the steering wheel will be a worthwhile purchase as GT5 prologue is loads better using one, but pick wisely as some are rubbish, Logitech make some decent ones:cool:

There was a good thread a little while ago about wheels I'll try an dig it out for you;)

Here you go

The logitech g25 and the g27 steering wheels are worth getting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For all you doubters out there,here's some more interesting info about the game.:D:D

http://www.vg247.com/2010/07/11/gt5-community-features-detailed/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for this game - there's a nice article about it here: http://onlineracedriver.com/2010/06/30/grand-plans-for-gran-turismo/

Apparently it has go-karting! :-)
  • Alien28Alien28 Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for this game - there's a nice article about it here: http://onlineracedriver.com/2010/06/30/grand-plans-for-gran-turismo/

Apparently it has go-karting! :-)

You forgot to mention the track editor! Ok my interest in this game has been raised once again. If only I had the money and space for a Logitech G25/7 steering wheel!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to GT5 and WILL be buying it but I am slightly concerned that we've been spoiled by exciting racers to date like NFS: Shift, Blur (loving that demo), Motorstorm. etc.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Are they putting those stupid driving tests back into the game?
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I am looking forward to GT5 and WILL be buying it but I am slightly concerned that we've been spoiled by exciting racers to date like NFS: Shift, Blur (loving that demo), Motorstorm. etc.

I guess GT5 really isn't for thrills, it's about trying to drive perfect on a coloured line hoping you don't spin out of control.
    Alien28 wrote: »
    You forgot to mention the track editor! Ok my interest in this game has been raised once again. If only I had the money and space for a Logitech G25/7 steering wheel!

The G25 is only £109 at OkobeUK though out of stock currently.

http://www.okobe.co.uk/ws/product/Logitech+G25+Racing+Wheel+for+PC+MAC+PlayStation+2/1000014003?ref=1q4bs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they putting those stupid driving tests back into the game?

I loved the idea of getting licsence by doing them test but most of them test were rubbish