Neighbour's cat harming my cat

Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone else had this problem? Their cat is twice the size of mine and looks like it would be better suited to the jungle. She's got cuts around the eyes and has been walking with a slight limp this week. It's becoming a regular occurrence.

Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this?

Comments

• Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that's awful. We had a similar problem with our late cat and an neighbours cat but they'd both fight and come off equally bad. We used a water pistol to soak the other cat (summer time only before anyone thinks we're cruel enough to do it in this weather!) and a reasonable degree of letting nature take it's course as cats do fight anyway and it stopped eventually. Do you know your neighbour? Can you both keep the cats indoors? Is your cat spayed/neutered and has the other one been sorted out - that might be the reason.
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow27 wrote: »
    Oh that's awful. We had a similar problem with our late cat and an neighbours cat but they'd both fight and come off equally bad. We used a water pistol to soak the other cat (summer time only before anyone thinks we're cruel enough to do it in this weather!) and a reasonable degree of letting nature take it's course as cats do fight anyway and it stopped eventually. Do you know your neighbour? Can you both keep the cats indoors? Is your cat spayed/neutered and has the other one been sorted out - that might be the reason.

I do know my neightbour but we don't get on that well. He's a little intimidating and that's what makes the situation so difficult.

Both cats are neutered. In fact there is an unneutered HUGE stray male cat that sometimes stick for mine. haha.
  • SnakeGuySnakeGuy Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    We have an fairly old female cat and she is bullied on a daily basis by a much younger female cat from across the road , it comes into our garden and picks a fight most days , it's very upsetting tbh , not much either family can do , though , with cats being 'free spirits' so to speak .