Current artists who have you reaching for the off button?

Comments

• SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The following are who I have no desire to listen to...ever.

Dixie Chicks
    Carrie Underwood
    Kasey Musgraves

God bless you always!!! :):):)

Holly
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never really had an opinion on Meghan Trainor up until now but I feel that this thread may be the best place to say that her current track Marvin Gaye is so cringe-inducingly woeful that I'm more likely to smash my radio than simply reach for the off button. Absolute shite.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesse Glyn and she seems to "ft' on every track recently, voice as abrasive as a brillo pad and Sam Smith, from really liking him to now thinking, please stop singing until my ears recover, too much of anything can make you sick.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Right Here by Jess Glynne last year, but I cannot STAND Hold My Hand. That whistling thing she does make me want to tear out my eardrums.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dynopia wrote: »
    Ooh yes, I don't get the hype with that Black Magic song at all.

Glad I'm not the only one. Really don't get it. Feels like the same song has been done by several Artists in the past.
  • MissAyrshireMissAyrshire Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Smith
    Ed Sheeran
    Taylor Swift
    Jess Glynne
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed Sheeran
    Meghan Trainor
    Pretty much any EDM or these faux house tracks that aren't a patch on the 90s originals
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    Yes, I'd rather listen to Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) over the 5 songs listed above. :D

This generation's 'Aggadoo'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the a worse song in the last five years than that bloody Cheerleader shit? Probably even worse than the Meghan Trainor nonsense.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Little Mix, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Jess Glynne, Rita Ora, Jessie J, Meghan Trainor and Nicki Minaj.

Got to agree. I would add the equally bland Taylor Swift.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheeran, Swift and Trainor.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Is the a worse song in the last five years than that bloody Cheerleader shit? Probably even worse than the Meghan Trainor nonsense.

No there isn't. And the lyrics annoy me. "Do you feel like cheating? I'm like no, not really". No not really, that's all you've got when you're being asked to cheat on your girlfriend? It's not like it's a mate asking if you wanna go get a pizza!

And I actually quite like Megan Trainor/Charlie Puth. I hate everything she's done up until this song.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Cheerleader song :blush:
  • tjp1991tjp1991 Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Another one for Jess Glynn she's so average.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Sam Smith
    Little Mix
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Sam Smith
    Taylor Swift
    Rita Ora
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never really had an opinion on Meghan Trainor up until now but I feel that this thread may be the best place to say that her current track Marvin Gaye is so cringe-inducingly woeful that I'm more likely to smash my radio than simply reach for the off button. Absolute shite.

I agree - I hate that track. >:(

Don't like Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran or Ellie Goulding and I have to turn of Birdy's track from the lloyds bank ad too, not because it's bad so much as it stays in my brain for the rest of the day if I hear it. Grrrrrrrr!!!!
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member

Yes.

Anaconda by Nicki Minaj.

I mean...where is the "song" for starters? I'd much rather listen to Cheerleader any day over that thing Nicki Minaj passed off as a hit single last year. **shudders**

Also how anyone can listen to Fetty Wap's attempts at singing and genuinely think "what an amazing singer" beggars belief. :s
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I physically cannot hear Pharrell's voice without shuddering anymore. I had no real opinion on him until Blurred Lines, Get Lucky and Happy were forced onto us for what felt like an eternity. Now even looking at him makes me angry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Happy by Pharrell is one of the most overrated songs of the last few years. Back in 00s he made some genuinely good music, whether it was his own stuff or as part of the Neptunes producing for other artists.
  • g4jcg4jc Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iggy Azalea - Just managed to get 'Fancy' and 'Black widow' out of my head now it's all come back arrgh :o

Nicki - does my bum look big in this? - Mangy (or if you perefer Minaj) 'singing' anything.

Rhianna - Vile, esp her tuneful little number, 'That b***ch better have my money'.

Beyonce, Little mix, Ed Sheeran, Robin Thicke.

Best not go further or I'll start swearing and SHOUTING ! Not many I could say I DO like or listen to at the moment.

Saw Don McLean (American Pie for all you youngsters :D) being interviewed on 'Hardtalk', BBC news channel, a couple of nights ago.

One of the things he said was something along the lines of there had been no music industry for some time as music now released was only PR for the next concert/tour. Not an exact quote, but he really made some good points.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Pitbull- ugh! Music for school bullies. >:(

g4jc wrote: »

Saw Don McLean (American Pie for all you youngsters :D) being interviewed on 'Hardtalk', BBC news channel, a couple of nights ago.

One of the things he said was something along the lines of there had been no music industry for some time as music now released was only PR for the next concert/tour. Not an exact quote, but he really made some good points.

Hmm....interesting point. Tours are more important than ever nowadays.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    Yes.

Anaconda by Nicki Minaj.

It doesn't bother me because it was clearly just a bit of fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitbull- ugh! Music for school bullies. >:(

More like music for the school dunce.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    I don't think I do 'current', I don't even reach for the ON button. I bought four CDs at the weekend, from 1972, 1973, 1977 and 1978. Cutting edge!