Options

Forced to Download National Lottery Shows

Aldridge AndyAldridge Andy Posts: 361
Forum Member
I've noticed that this week, since the latest software version my TUTV Box now has 70 Hours User Free Space, and 1 hour TUTV Reserved space despite not being a TUTV Subscriber. I have used my DigiBox as a Freeview recorder from day one, and always had all TUTV Channels deactivted.

Now "The National Lottery" channel on the TUTV Selection isn't even visible so it can be activated or deactivated, and by Thomson box is being made to download this channel as if I have subscibed to it as a TUTV Channel.

Has anyone else out there noticed this has happened, and has anyone found a way to stop it happening?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is strange, I have the same problem and can also not be able to deactivate it by the customise TUTV anytime screens.
  • Options
    mikemoldmikemold Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    There was me thinking I was the stupid one for not being able to deactivate this channel, I'm pleased I have company.
    The answer has to come from TUTV
  • Options
    NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikemold wrote: »
    There was me thinking I was the stupid one for not being able to deactivate this channel, I'm pleased I have company.
    The answer has to come from TUTV

Its not annoying as most bugs such as the FF/RW bug. It cannot be resolved by retuning but maybe by doing a factory reset (but if you subscribe or have lots of recordings then i wouldnt recommend it) the only othe rthing that springs to mind is maybe a corrupt recording but i doubt that seeming as my planned recordings and time remaining seem to add up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    It's only an hour, if you had sky+, you'd be missing half of the drive!

I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    lstar337 wrote: »
    It's only an hour, if you had sky+, you'd be missing half of the drive!

Was that drive! or drivel :)?
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lstar337 wrote: »

Well you wont when you have a massive hard drive will you :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this be an experiment to see how people respond to "forced push" programmes?

Based on past behavoir from these unethical code-monkeys I would suggest yes.

I new low from TopDown. For those who say "what's the problem dude", apart from the principle of forcing recordings on people it surely is just the beginning...

I was going to stick around with this POS box to see if the much-hinted mega-update-that-will-fix-everything-and-solve-the-meaning-of-life-as-well ever turns up, but I really will begin a search for a new PVR now.

Yet more money to spend, ouch.

First they forced advertisments, and I did nothing...
    Then they forced programmes, and I did nothing...
    Then they invaded Poland...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /\/\/\

I really really doubt that T&Cs that I have never signed up to are in any way legal.

9.1 We reserve the right to send visual and data content, including channel preview and advertising content and electronic programme guide data, to your DTR. This content may fill up to 15% of the space of the hard disc of your DTR and you will not be able to record on that space.

I think I'm going to write to my MP, or the EU fraud squad. Or something...

Having just looked in my "Library" and at the bottom are indeed two short programmes from the Lottery scammers aka "Camelot"

I only bought this box for Freeview, I have never signed anything that allows this (having not being mentioned upon purchase in Argos)

I bought a PVR (this is my third) to AVOID the telly-tat and advertising! It's almost comical that they would do this.

Does anyone know if I format the HD and do NOT rescan whether I will still get all this stuff? I would be left with 7-day Freeview EPG and no series-link but that's fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /\/\/\

I really really doubt that T&Cs that I have never signed up to are in any way legal.

9.1 We reserve the right to send visual and data content, including channel preview and advertising content and electronic programme guide data, to your DTR. This content may fill up to 15% of the space of the hard disc of your DTR and you will not be able to record on that space.

I think I'm going to write to my MP, or the EU fraud squad. Or something.

Those terms and conditions are also printed in the manual for the Wharfedale DTR's available from Argos ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PineBox wrote: »
    Those terms and conditions are also printed in the manual for the Wharfedale DTR's available from Argos ;)

OK.

But what relevance is that? It's not legal to introduce a contract condition AFTER the sale has completed.

Even assuming this term was included in the manual for the DTI6300 which is what I bought 14 months ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK.

But what relevance is that? It's not legal to introduce a contract condition AFTER the sale has completed.

Even assuming this term was included in the manual for the DTI6300 which is what I bought 14 months ago.

Did you read the terms and conditions of the DTI6300 when you bought it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the Argos terms and conditions of sale which are all that apply legally.

T&Cs contained within an enclosed package have always been of dubious legallity. If the T&Cs apply to a service (ie the EPG) then this must be made clear before purchase.

The definition of "clear" is how any reasonable person would define it.
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More likely it's another cock-up since they added the 'Setanta Offer Channel'. :confused:

Either that or they are preparing to invade Poland :D

edit: It's exactly the same on the Wharfedale too :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,796
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    Either that or they are preparing to invade Poland :D
    TUTV Uber Alles

Look out Murdoch the TUTV Tiger Tank is on its way to blow you out of your bunker;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear Italy has surrendered, just in case. :D

That was a jolly jest, don't get upset. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hunter2660 wrote: »
    I hear Italy has surrendered, just in case. :D

That was a jolly jest, don't get upset. ;)
    What about the cheese eating surrender monkeys:D
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're not going to drift into Allo Allo territory again are we.... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    We're not going to drift into Allo Allo territory again are we.... :D
    Good Moaning..:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can i show you my little tank. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Club..................
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    The lottery downloads, although short, have certainly become a problem for us. We have had the box, up to now, set to record two programmes between 11-12, which have subsequently all failed...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lottery downloads, although short, have certainly become a problem for us. We have had the box, up to now, set to record two programmes between 11-12, which have subsequently all failed...

I think this is the main issue - not that a couple of short Scamalot promo's are downloaded, but that these will take priority over what you have made a concious decision to record.

I have also had this issue of TUTV downloads of stuff that I am not interested in kicking one or more of Mrs Rotty's 'Cash in the bargain hunt real deal attic' or whatever it is she watches :D And I get it in the neck now when these fail.

I was going to be smug and say that my 'Lottery channel' was still deselected, but when I looked earlier, it doesn't even appear in the list of TUTV customisable channels :mad:
  • Options
    darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont even subscribe to tutv and now i'm forced to have this rubbish downloaded to my box(i dont give a stuff about the bleedin lottery),get it sorted soon tutv!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    Yet another TUTV cockup:rolleyes: