Options

Robyn: Part 3 & Triology

124»

Comments

• Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently the video for 'indestructable' is out there but I can't find it!
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to wiki, the new songs from the final Body Talk part will be available on a separate EP, which will save us having to buy the old songs again *cough*FameMonster*cough*
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    What a mess. We've had TWO singles so far from 3 albums! (DOMO & HWM). Whereas we got SIX singles from her last album (Robyn). Why didn't she just do the one album?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robyn was just in the recent Gossip Girl episode, in which she sang an amazing version of Hang With Me. You can see it on her website.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the official date for the album release? It's only available to pre-order on amazon but that's an import..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part.3 has leaked. I downloaded it simply because there is no answer (yet) on whether part 3 is being released stand-alone as well as the whole triology and I be honest, I didn't want to pay £10 for an album with 4 new songs (considering I have p1/p2).

However, included was 'danchehall queen' the diplo remix.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    Part.3 has leaked. I downloaded it simply because there is no answer (yet) on whether part 3 is being released stand-alone as well as the whole triology and I be honest, I didn't want to pay £10 for an album with 4 new songs (considering I have p1/p2).

However, included was 'danchehall queen' the diplo remix.

Wikipedia says they will be, as I said above. I know wiki is unreliable at the best of times, but I'm still gonna wait until we hear more.

What are the new songs like? Any good? I heard she collaborated with Max Martin on one of the tracks - the first time they worked together since the 90's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Wikipedia says they will be, as I said above. I know wiki is unreliable at the best of times, but I'm still gonna wait until we hear more.

What are the new songs like? Any good? I heard she collaborated with Max Martin on one of the tracks - the first time they worked together since the 90's

I'm not sure if she collaborated but the new tracks are brilliant. I would say she's left the best til' last. I'll probably end up getting the full body talk at some point but for now, I just had to hear them, was beyond excited.

Really great tracks...similar to all of the 'body talk' theme :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    I'm not sure if she collaborated but the new tracks are brilliant. I would say she's left the best til' last. I'll probably end up getting the full body talk at some point but for now, I just had to hear them, was beyond excited.

Really great tracks...similar to all of the 'body talk' theme :)

The song 'Time Machine' was apparently produced by Max Martin (who worked with Robyn on her biggest hits from the late 90's) - that's what I meant :)

Glad to hear the new songs are good. I'll get them on the separate EP if that does become available. I think the full Body Talk could turn out to be the album of the year if the new songs are as good as the others from the series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    The song 'Time Machine' was apparently produced by Max Martin (who worked with Robyn on her biggest hits from the late 90's) - that's what I meant :)

Glad to hear the new songs are good. I'll get them on the separate EP if that does become available. I think the full Body Talk could turn out to be the album of the year if the new songs are as good as the others from the series.

Yup, that song is on there :)

& I agree, so far the album(s) have been one of my favourites :)
  • Options
    crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are some banging tunes of these albums, as a whole I'm impressed with how consistent she is, and I never was a fan before! :eek:
  • Options
    ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sorta think Part 1 and 2 are so utterly pointless now. Sure we knew it would be a compilation that would cap off the trilogy but still - its a bit of a waste to buy both albums then the third just for a few extra tracks. Ah well - Part 3 as an individual collection is bloody amazing. She was fantastic in Glasgow a few weeks ago! Wunderbar!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just listened to 2 of the new songs on Popjustice, 'Call Your Girlfriend' and 'Time Machine'. Both are AMAZING! Just when you think she can't get any better.

I wish Robyn could just carry on releasing new music every few months forever. I can never get enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems we the UK are not one of the countries who will be getting Part 3 as a separate release :( Oh well, I'll just download the new songs individually.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    What a mess. We've had TWO singles so far from 3 albums! (DOMO & HWM). Whereas we got SIX singles from her last album (Robyn). Why didn't she just do the one album?

Cos she owns her label and is more focused on the whole body of work over the singles and cash cow milking (Part 1 & 2 were released as a collection of stuff she did this year).

She finished part three barely a month ago (she was still working on it when I saw her live October 19th)

I think we'll get a stand-alone EP option for us (We do get shifted poorly in the Uk for these options often). But I guess the plan for the 15 track album was always planned in a sense except she showed us two earlier 'waves' (Recording Sessions really I guess) of the album before she made the full thing.

It's really hard to explain but its like she showed us bits of the album she recorded before she made the full thing (and chose what recorded songs to put onto it) if that makes any sense? and she also showed us how some songs begin with piano & strings too I guess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    The "Indestrucatble" video is amazing but seeing that ive got part 2 and part 1 i just wished she did a solo ep for the new songs...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part 1 and 2 where great albums - however I personally feel doing 3 Parts of the Album and the 3 part just 4 new songs, it's been all messed up.

I wish she just had a 2 CD album release from the start - Its been a bit of a mess. 2 Singles from 2 Albums... :confused:

I have just listened to 'Body Talk' new songs.

The 4 new songs:-
    1. Time Machine
    2. Call Your Girlfriend
    3. Get Myself Together
    4. Stars-4-Ever

These 4 songs, are perfection. I AM LOVING! The first 3 are full potential singles, and I hope we see 3/4 singles from her on this Body Talk Album - give it the final push, get a nice video and get out there to promote it.

The 4th Stars 4-ever is a great little number however I don't think it would do well in the chart as it's not as radio friendly as the first three however it could do well with a great re-mix!

Robyn has shocked me and I have fallen in love with her music and especially the Album Body Talk as a whole album. A double disc would have been perfect but hey we can't go back - it's a shame she hasn't got the whole 'promotion' going on as she could be big. Radio 1 supported her for DOMO however she has been away for 3 years. As said a good video, and some promotion it could work all very well.

The Album Body Talk for somebody who hasn't got the first two is a great number, and a very strong solid record. I know for one I will be listening for a long time. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The full Body Talk is streaming on we7:

http://www.we7.com/#/album/Robyn/Body-Talk

The new songs are absolutely frickin' brilliant. Stars 4-Ever is a bit too cheesy but apart from that, they're all top notch.