Wii U UK Price rip off

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    I love Nintendo Games and I like the concept of being able to play even when someone else is watching the TV in the living room. I have not played Batman Arkam City and Mass Effect 3 because i couldnt commit the tim eto those games sat in teh Living room with my Wife getting increasingly bored. So being able to play those on Wii U with my wife watching Glee or True Blood then happy days for me :)

For me £250-£300 price point is fine for a launch machine and I am sure that there will be deals to be had between now and christmas which will get you a free game etc.

I dont think a massive price cut will come untill the next gen XBox720/PS4 come out and at that point I think Nintendo will try and capture the casual again.

Because I love Ninty games i wanted Pikmin 3 as a launch title but given that there is plenty of other decent games at launch i am happy to wait a few months for this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Christ, Play want £309 for the basic unit, and £350 for the premium!

Jog on.
  • technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got if pre-ordered from Sainsburys for £269.99 for premium black with nintendoland (discount code on thread here.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird, I get that they are targeting "normal" gamers again, rather than families, but surely the plus point of the tablet is the fact that it can sit in the living room, and when the rest of the family don't want to play video games, the screen can be used.

I expected a mixture of "proper" games and family games at launch to families which include gamers, if that makes sense, so it would really appeal to everyone.

I think the price is fair though, console plus tablet compared to just console and controller, I reckon it's very fair to be honest.
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm considering pre-ordering the Premium version from Expansys for £254.99. That way, in the future you could pick up ZombiU and a controller and you'd still have spent less than £330.

However, it all depends what sort of trade-in deals Game offer.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    I'm considering pre-ordering the Premium version from Expansys for £254.99. That way, in the future you could pick up ZombiU and a controller and you'd still have spent less than £330.

However, it all depends what sort of trade-in deals Game offer.
    That's the best price yet isn't it?
    Now lets hope all the other retailers follow suit and get that price down a little further.
  • technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does that include Nintendoland? Don't see it mentioned like on Sainsbury's..
    Forum Member
    does that include Nintendoland? Don't see it mentioned like on Sainsbury's..

I should think so considering you cannot get the Black WiiU on its own as its only available as part of the Deluxe/Premium which includes Nintendoland and available as the Zombie U pack which has the Pro controller.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nintendo always want their money's worth from the fans! Expect huge price drops next year.
  • StevenukStevenuk Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre - ordered mine of play.com because i had £275 of vouchers from them for using there credit card so happy days!
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It's weird, I get that they are targeting "normal" gamers again, rather than families, but surely the plus point of the tablet is the fact that it can sit in the living room, and when the rest of the family don't want to play video games, the screen can be used.

Absolutely, I think some people don't quite realise how great this feature will be. Playing popular games like COD Black Ops 2 on the Gamepad lounging about the house while the TV is being occupied by other people will be a huge plus for the average gamer.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I should think so considering you cannot get the Black WiiU on its own as its only available as part of the Deluxe/Premium which includes Nintendoland and available as the Zombie U pack which has the Pro controller.

zombi u has pro controleer...??
    yay

i ordered that package
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nintendoland does not come with the ZombiU package.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/246602439728435201
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »

wii u confusion
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »

I never said it did.
    Did you not see the and in between? I know I forgot to write pack after Deluxe/Premium, but it was written to mean two seperate packs. ie you can only get Black WiiU with this pack AND this pack.
    cannot get the Black WiiU on its own as its only available as part of the Deluxe/Premium which includes Nintendoland and available as the Zombie U pack which has the Pro controller.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said it did.
    Did you not see the and in between? I know I forgot to write pack after Deluxe/Premium, but it was written to mean two seperate packs. ie you can only get Black WiiU with this pack AND this pack.
    Jeez, wrong side of the bed much?

Just stating that ZombiU pack doesn't come with Nintendoland due to the confusion over the matter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I currently have Wii,360 and ps3

Do we need another machine? Nope but just can't resist! Ordered he premium with zombie u and pro controller for 296!

Just gotta order Mario, ray man and decide whether to stick with the 360 for black ops 2
    Forum Member
    Got to laugh at our American cousins with this article on Nintendo Life.
    'At $60 are WiiU games going to be too expensive?'
    They should think themselves lucky, as ours are looking to be around $75. Don't ya just love VAT.